McCabe Fired

El Amin Fan

Reaction score
No pension for FBI crook Andrew McCabe. His problems are just beginning.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2018/03/16/former-fbi-deputy-director-andrew-mccabe-fired.html

- conspired to go after General Flynn
- tried to hide the Anthony Weiner evidence before the election
- is suspected of changing the 302s in the Clinton investigation
- part of the small group conspiring against Trump and spying on him by lying to the FISA court
- lied about leaking

His firing was recommended by the FBI Office of Professional Responsibility - who got the referral from the IG Horowitz....whose IG report is coming soon. The McCabe firing is a sneak peek! :)
As a self admitted life-long Republican, it's no surprise he's a crook. Drain the Radical Right swamp.

bga1

Reaction score
Despicable timing on the move. Hopefully a congressperson hires him as a staffer for a day or so and gets him his pension.

<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
So if he has broken the law, lied and is a crook you want him to get a lifetime pension from the taxpayers. Got it. I see you get your information from Andrea Mitchell tweets. Same political views- so it's a fit for you.

If McCabe is innocent (he's not) he will have the chance to contest the firing and get his full pension. He probably already has a contract in his inbox from CNN anyway.

bga1

Reaction score
The thing is, in all of the news stories about this I still have been unable to find any specifics about particular actions that got him fired. Have you found any clear examples? I have heard from multiple sources that it was actions that harmed Hillary Clinton that got him in ethical trouble here; if so that would be too ironic, and would completely disrupt the Echo Chamber narrative. But, I also have not heard anything specific that would allow myself to agree to that analysis. You are the best on the board at pulling out relevant source information - do you have anything clearer, here?
You guys are clueless about what has happened since your news sources don't cover it. Just understand this- Trump didn't fire him. The IG has been investigating for a year and his team, which is 500 strong, have gone through 1.2 million documents. The IG recommended to the office of professional responsibility that McCabe be fired based on lies in his testimony. Is the testimony before congress or to the IG in his investigation? I don't know. The IG report will become public soon and will reveal how the FBI cooked the books on the Hillary investigation, among other things. McCabe was knee deep in all of it- he was part of the small group that has investigated and got illegal warrants to spy on Trump and he was part of the group that conspired to exonerate Clinton in time for the election. I could tell you a lot more but you wouldn't believe it so I am going to just let you stew until the IG report comes out. That report will be referring people, perhaps a lot of them, for prosecution. Beyond that Sessions has hired a prosecutor from outside the system to take on the peripheral issues that are beyond the IG's reach.

I have to go get some popcorn.

Bad Gopher

A Loner, A Rebel
Reaction score
So if he has broken the law, lied and is a crook you want him to get a lifetime pension from the taxpayers. Got it. I see you get your information from Andrea Mitchell tweets. Same political views- so it's a fit for you.

If McCabe is innocent (he's not) he will have the chance to contest the firing and get his full pension. He probably already has a contract in his inbox from CNN anyway.
I haven't seen credible evidence that he's a crook. Athough El Amin is speaking with tongue in cheek, I don't see reason to suspect him just because he's a lifelong Republican.

KillerGopherFan

Reaction score
I haven't seen credible evidence that he's a crook. Athough El Amin is speaking with tongue in cheek, I don't see reason to suspect him just because he's a lifelong Republican.
If he were a Republican, that doesn’t really mean much under the recent Trump circumstances. He could be a NeverTrumper for all we know. We do know his wife ran for Virginia state office as a Democrat. And people change their allegiances when it’s personally or politically advantageous. He was working for a highly political DOJ & FBI and he probably thought he had a great chance to replace Comey in a Hillary administration.

Sportsfan24

Reaction score

I disagree but you make a fair point.[emoji1531]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bga1

Reaction score
We know this- he's a liar. The FBI has done a rigorous review of his statements and determined that and they believe that they have a firing for cause. He describes himself as a "moderate Republican" who claims to have voted in the Republican presidential primary. He obviously is not a Trump supporter. The evidence that the IG used is not fully public but you will see it soon. You statement to the effect that it is mean spirited is based on no facts whatsoever. You will soon see. Your sources have let you down badly. How long will you be duped just because you hate Trump?

First Trump could never win, he was finished several times they told you. Then he won but it was Russian collusion that caused it. Now we see that it's not true. Then we started to hear, from alternative media, and from Trump that the FBI and Justice Department had been corrupt, but the old media told you not to worry - it's just Trump being Trump. Remember when it was so silly when Trump claimed he had been spied on a year ago? Then we found out that he was spied on. Then the dossier came out and the media told you that it was the real deal. Trump was finished! But the dossier got debunked and the media made up a new story: It wasn't the dossier after all, that was really nothing, it was Papdopoulos drunk in a bar talking to an Aussie official that got everything going.

Here are the cliff notes to the real story:

Hillary hired an oppo research firm Fusion GPS that had worked for Obama in the past. She and the DNC- which she fully controlled per Donna Brazille- got a former British spy to dig dirt from the Russians. Steele gave the dossier - salacious and unverified- to the FBI and to the press and the FBI used it to spy on Carter Page and Trump associates for a year during the campaign and after. At the same time the FBI was conspiring to keep Hillary safe from prosecution so that she could be elected. McCabe was a key part of a small group who both submitted the dossier as a validated document to the FISA court and lied about Steele, his sourcing and about who paid him. Also there was an incestuous relationship between Fusion and the FBI and Justice such that Bruce Ohr's (high ranking justice) wife Nellie worked for Fusion and Fusion was also working with John Kerry and officials at the State Department on a second dossier- fueled with help from Sid Blumenthal and a Clinton hit man named Shearer.

It was a small group of FBI 7th floor personnel who conspired with Justice officials, Lynch, Comey, Kerry, Nuland and others to get Hillary in and take out an insurance policy against Trump with the Russian Collusion investigation in the unlikely case he was ever elected. Trump could not be allowed to succeed. If he did- the prior 8 years of misdeeds which compromised the FBI, the CIA, the NSA, the Justice Department and encompassed the IRS, Fast and Furious, Benghazi, the AP scandal among others- would be revealed and looked into. The deep staters were forced to cover their own backsides because they had gotten sucked into covering for Hillary's Foundation corruption, for Uranium One and for Obama's scandals. When it fell apart they put the insurance policy in place and hired Mueller to coverup for their problems by attacking Trump.

You'll see.

howeda7

Reaction score
I disagree but you make a fair point.[emoji1531]

If McCabe lied under oath, he should be fired. So should Sessions and all the other Trumpsters who have done the same.

bga1

Reaction score
If McCabe lied under oath, he should be fired. So should Sessions and all the other Trumpsters who have done the same.
Sessions was cleared of this accusation long ago. It was ruled that he was not required to reveal the contacts on his statement to Justice. If Papadop lied- too bad for him. Flynn was entrapped and even Comey didn't think he lied- that's a bad case that I expect to be dropped. Manafort is a scumbag who offered to work free for Trump in order to burnish his own business possibilities. he was a mistake by a Trump campaign that was hurting for established, experienced campaigners. Remember the lying has to be under oath or to Congress. If everyone who lied in DC were tried the city would be empty.

Sportsfan24

Reaction score
Agreed but if he did does it warrant losing his pension? Would a forced retirement, jail time, or a fine be a more reasonable punishment?

Costa Rican Gopher

Mind of a Scientist
Reaction score
You're correct. YOU haven't seen any credible evidence. The OIG & the DOJ Office of Professional Responsibility apparently HAVE seen the credible evidence. Here's the thing...McCabe is not living check to check. The pension won't make or break him. IF he didn't do anything wrong, then that will come out in the IG report and he can contest the firing. If he DID do something wrong, then he needs to be fired because once he retires they can not take the pension away from him, even if he lands in prison.

Costa Rican Gopher

Mind of a Scientist
Reaction score
Agreed but if he did does it warrant losing his pension? Would a forced retirement, jail time, or a fine be a more reasonable punishment?

Flynn lied under oath too and they're trying to put him in prison. I don't see any of the partisan lefties coming to his defense.

Sportsfan24

Reaction score
Flynn lied under oath too and they're trying to put him in prison. I don't see any of the partisan lefties coming to his defense.
I have never considered Flynn would actually go to jail. I just assumed it was a tactic to get him to honestly answer questions and provide information. For me the same would apply; the punishment must be inline with the crime. We both are inner city dudes and know that isn’t always the case. I’m not interested in a liar being locked up after they have come clean forced or not, whether the lie was by a homie or an executive. As lone as the lie didn’t result in justice NOT being served. Flynn’s lies may have slowed the process but justice will ultimately be served.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

howeda7

Reaction score

Depends on the details. They're not even saying he lied, but had a "lack of candor". Like when every Trumpster hauled before the House Intelligence Committee refused to answer questions or when Sessions answered every question with "I can't recawwl. Oh my I have the vapors."

But if the Trumpsters want to set a high punishment for lying. I'm all for it. Trump his personal liar Huckabee-Sanders are the worst offenders.

howeda7

Reaction score
He plead guilty to lying to get out of much more serious charges. Apples and Oranges.

diehard

Reaction score
howeda7 and the human species. Apples and oranges.

Costa Rican Gopher

Mind of a Scientist
Reaction score
Depends on the details. They're not even saying he lied, but had a "lack of candor". Like when every Trumpster hauled before the House Intelligence Committee refused to answer questions or when Sessions answered every question with "I can't recawwl. Oh my I have the vapors."

But if the Trumpsters want to set a high punishment for lying. I'm all for it. Trump his personal liar Huckabee-Sanders are the worst offenders.
It's not the Trumpsters buddy, it's the Office of the Investigator General (OIG) & the FBI Office of Professional Responsibility (OPR). Think about it: If the FBI itself is telling the AG that McCabe should be fired immediately, why shouldn't he be? Are you suggesting the FBI is being unfair to an FBI executive?

Now the million dollar question is this: Sessions said that McCabe had been lying about his leaking to the WSJ (Fusion GPS, ahem) while "under oath". Who's he been testifying to "under oath"? Nunes never interviewed him for the House panel. He hasn't testified before Burr's Senate panel. Horowitz the IG doesn't have the power to interview people "under oath". So who's he been testifying to?

Right now all we know is that McCabe lied under oath and is not being transparent. We know both the IG & OPR have seen and heard things we may or may not ever know. We know the FBI recommended McCabe's immediate dismissal & Sessions followed that recommendation. The rest is partisan blindness on your part.

cncmin

Reaction score
It's not the Trumpsters buddy, it's the Office of the Investigator General (OIG) & the FBI Office of Professional Responsibility (OPR). Think about it: If the FBI itself is telling the AG that McCabe should be fired immediately, why shouldn't he be? Are you suggesting the FBI is being unfair to an FBI executive?

Now the million dollar question is this: Sessions said that McCabe had been lying about his leaking to the WSJ (Fusion GPS, ahem) while "under oath". Who's he been testifying to "under oath"? Nunes never interviewed him for the House panel. He hasn't testified before Burr's Senate panel. Horowitz the IG doesn't have the power to interview people "under oath". So who's he been testifying to?

Right now all we know is that McCabe lied under oath and is not being transparent. We know both the IG & OPR have seen and heard things we may or may not ever know. We know the FBI recommended McCabe's immediate dismissal & Sessions followed that recommendation. The rest is partisan blindness on your part.
Sessions clearly did it for Trump. To think that Trump played no role in this is total delusion.

Costa Rican Gopher

Mind of a Scientist
Reaction score
Sessions clearly did it for Trump. To think that Trump played no role in this is total delusion.
The FBI did an internal review of McCabe's actions & recommended his immediate dismissal. Are you saying you don't trust the FBI? Are you saying the FBI is lying? Do tell.

Also, who do you think McCabe was testifying to "under oath"? It wasn't Nunes, Burr, Mueller or Horowitz. Wanna a take a stab at it?

Bad Gopher

A Loner, A Rebel
Reaction score
If he were a Republican, that doesn’t really mean much under the recent Trump circumstances. He could be a NeverTrumper for all we know. We do know his wife ran for Virginia state office as a Democrat. And people change their allegiances when it’s personally or politically advantageous. He was working for a highly political DOJ & FBI and he probably thought he had a great chance to replace Comey in a Hillary administration.
What would be wrong with being a never Trumper? It's movements like that - even short-lived ones - that give me hope for the Republican party. Some of Obama's best staffers were Republicans. Ray LaHood was the best transportation secretary we'd had since Elizabeth Dole, another Republican. Amazing how good of public servants Republicans can be once they're freed of their obligations to the party, the Kochs, the NRA, Grover Norquist, and their kooky base.

KillerGopherFan

Reaction score
What would be wrong with being a never Trumper? It's movements like that - even short-lived ones - that give me hope for the Republican party. Some of Obama's best staffers were Republicans. Ray LaHood was the best transportation secretary we'd had since Elizabeth Dole, another Republican. Amazing how good of public servants Republicans can be once they're freed of their obligations to the party, the Kochs, the NRA, Grover Norquist, and their kooky base.
My “NeverTrumper” comment had absolutely nothing to do with it being “wrong” or right, just that the observation that he was a “life-long Republican”, if true, could be a meaningless one, though it was intended to lend him some credibility.

Interesting how you are able to determine when politicians are acting on their principles and beliefs versus political influence. That’s a very difficult trick to achieve. My guess is that you generally believe Democrats act on principle and Republicans act on influence whenever they act. Your only compliment of a Republican is a back-handed one. Kind of weak, just like your post.

Costa Rican Gopher

Mind of a Scientist
Reaction score
It boggles my mind how you've done an ideological 180' and now support the NeoCon/NeoLib, corporate, war machine, wings of the two parties. The pro-Patriot Act, pro-spying on Americans, WMD's in Iraq & Syria storytellers, the full-on corporate shills & neo-McCarthyites. You used to be a counter culture guy, one who supported non-establishment candidates, outside the box thinking and distrusted the deep state. Now you trust anything the CIA or FBI say, and refuse to condemn their obvious politization and corruption. If 9/11 or the Iraq invasion happened on Obama's watch, you would never have questioned them.

Bad Gopher

A Loner, A Rebel
Reaction score
My “NeverTrumper” comment had absolutely nothing to do with it being “wrong” or right, just that the observation that he was a “life-long Republican”, if true, could be a meaningless one, though it was intended to lend him some credibility.

Interesting how you are able to determine when politicians are acting on their principles and beliefs versus political influence. That’s a very difficult trick to achieve. My guess is that you generally believe Democrats act on principle and Republicans act on influence whenever they act. Your only compliment of a Republican is a back-handed one. Kind of weak, just like your post.
Not at all. Democrats have the same affliction. I wonder how many would oppose abortion rights, for example, if it weren't for the strong-armed party platform.

Bad Gopher

A Loner, A Rebel
Reaction score
It boggles my mind how you've done an ideological 180' and now support the NeoCon/NeoLib, corporate, war machine, wings of the two parties. The pro-Patriot Act, pro-spying on Americans, WMD's in Iraq & Syria storytellers, the full-on corporate shills & neo-McCarthyites. You used to be a counter culture guy, one who supported non-establishment candidates, outside the box thinking and distrusted the deep state. Now you trust anything the CIA or FBI say, and refuse to condemn their obvious politization and corruption. If 9/11 or the Iraq invasion happened on Obama's watch, you would never have questioned them.
You haven't been paying attention, then. The main reason I didn't vote for Obama was because he'd decided to go along with the things you mention. This became apparent as early as the presidential debates in the runup to the 2008 election.

short ornery norwegian

Reaction score
I'm not going to weigh in on the specifics of this.

I just find it interesting that the "liberals" on this board absolutely believe every left-wing conspiracy theory, and dismiss every right-wing conspiracy theory.

While the "conservatives" on the board absolutely believe every right-wing conspiracy theory, and dismiss every left-wing conspiracy theory.

I suspect the "truth" - if we ever get to the truth - will be somewhere in the middle. I suspect some people on the left made mistakes. I suspect some people on the right made mistakes.
And I suspect that - even if presented with a stack of affidavits and sworn statements that stretch to the moon and back - the people on the right will never believe their side did anything wrong, and the people on the left will never believe their side did anything wrong.

And the experiment known as the United States of American slips inexorably toward utter collapse and failure. If we continue on the current path, this country is doomed to failure. And no one will accept responsibility - because "it was the other side's fault."

Costa Rican Gopher

Mind of a Scientist
Reaction score
I'm not going to weigh in on the specifics of this.

I just find it interesting that the "liberals" on this board absolutely believe every left-wing conspiracy theory, and dismiss every right-wing conspiracy theory.

While the "conservatives" on the board absolutely believe every right-wing conspiracy theory, and dismiss every left-wing conspiracy theory.

I suspect the "truth" - if we ever get to the truth - will be somewhere in the middle. I suspect some people on the left made mistakes. I suspect some people on the right made mistakes.
And I suspect that - even if presented with a stack of affidavits and sworn statements that stretch to the moon and back - the people on the right will never believe their side did anything wrong, and the people on the left will never believe their side did anything wrong.

And the experiment known as the United States of American slips inexorably toward utter collapse and failure. If we continue on the current path, this country is doomed to failure. And no one will accept responsibility - because "it was the other side's fault."
- I've said many times that I'm all for bringing justice to all the wrong doers, regardless of which side they're on. Where I get frustrated is the unequal application of justice. There's no proof of Trump-Russia collusion, yet we have a team of clearly biased prosecutors, with obvious conflicts of interest investigating everything they can find under the sun, most of which has nothing to do with with Trump-Russia collusion. Conversely we know that the Clinton campaign paid to have Russians provide dirt for the dossier and people seem to shrug, as if that's not a clear & proven example of Clinton-Russia collusion.

- I think most all "conservatives" agree Paul Manafort is a scumbag & I've not really heard anyone complain about him being charged. I think kicking in his door at 5:00am and holding he and his wife at gunpoint was disgusting, but I have no doubt that Manafort failed to register under FARA & I don't doubt for a second he hid some of that money he earned from the IRS. My issue here again, is the unequal application of the law. i.e. Since 1966 the DOJ has only brought charges under FARA 15 times. In the entire history of FARA there's only been one conviction. Failing to file under FARA is the DC equivalent of jaywalking. The standard operating procedure is to tell the individual to register retroactively and it's over. Manafort though got a different kind of justice.

- Conversely, look at the denial from the left about what is going on in the DOJ/FBI/NSA/FISA court. It's already been decided by the NSA, FBI & FISA court that the FBI was illegally submitting FISA applications and that they broke the law by letting private parties access the FISA database. A dozen high ranking FBI/DOJ/FISA judges have been fired, demoted, recused or suddenly resigned and yet we continue to see the absolute denial of any wrongdoing. Andrew McCabe is a perfect example. The FBI recommended immediate dismissal, so Sessions did. Instead of admitting that it must be pretty ugly for the FBI to recommend this type of immediate dismissal of a 23 year FBI exec, they've twisted this into some blood lust by Trump.

Top Bottom