Mattis Retiring

God

Banned
Reaction score
I’ll make you a deal. If he drops the border wall, I’ll post a photo of myself wearing my MAGA hat.
Just a MAGA hat? You liberals are into that sort of thing with your Caitlyn Jenner fetishes. Sick.

MAGA

Sportsfan24

Reaction score
This!!! If you told America in 2014, that the next POTUS in 2018 would, in one week, sign the prison/sentencing reform bill, create opportunity zones in low income, inner city neighborhoods, ban bump stocks, pull out of Syria & pull half the troops out of Afghanistan after 17 years, the left would have cheered and instinctively assumed it would be the Democratic candidate.
Great point......assuming everything else President Cry Baby has done wasn’t mentioned.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

cncmin

Reaction score
o’ merry Christmas

Last edited:

cncmin

Reaction score
This!!! If you told America in 2014, that the next POTUS in 2018 would, in one week, sign the prison/sentencing reform bill, create opportunity zones in low income, inner city neighborhoods, ban bump stocks, pull out of Syria & pull half the troops out of Afghanistan after 17 years, the left would have cheered and instinctively assumed it would be the Democratic candidate.

Great point......assuming everything else President Cry Baby has done wasn’t mentioned.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Let’s all cheer for lipstick on a pig. Hooray, Hooray.

justthefacts

Reaction score
<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

bga1

Reaction score
John Dowd lays Mattis to rest with a first round knockout! :)

TruthSeeker

Reaction score
Trump approval tanking fast. Dropping lock a rock in the polls. His horrible leadership is shining bright. The piece of sh!t sitting in the oval office will be gone in a matter of months.

bga1

Reaction score
Mattis served his country well and then, for personal or policy reasons, it appears that he decided to become a coup plotter, which is treason. Anyone can be corrupted and it seems that he was. You don't turn on the President of the United States and plot to remove him because you differ on policy.

USAF

Reaction score
Mattis served his country well and then, for personal or policy reasons, it appears that he decided to become a coup plotter, which is treason. Anyone can be corrupted and it seems that he was. You don't turn on the President of the United States and plot to remove him because you differ on policy.
Shame on you.

GoodasGold

Reaction score
Certainly not a difference of policy, but actually a matter of malfeasance.

short ornery norwegian

Reaction score
President Trump on Tuesday confirmed a plan was in the works to take out Syrian President Bashar Assad in 2017 and that he was supportive of it, but that former Defense Secretary James Mattis was opposed.

The president's disclosure that an assassination operation was discussed came as part of a lengthy diatribe against Mattis, but it confirmed a piece of reporting from 2018 that Trump disputed at the time.

“I would've rather taken him out. I had him all set. Mattis didn’t want to do it. Mattis was a highly overrated general," Trump said on "Fox & Friends."

Journalist Bob Woodward reported in his 2018 book, "Fear," that Trump urged Mattis that the U.S. should “f------ kill” Assad following an April 2017 chemical attack on civilians in Syria.

Mattis reportedly went along with the president’s demands during the phone call, but immediately told aides after hanging up that they would take a “much more measured” approach.

USAF

Reaction score
President Trump on Tuesday confirmed a plan was in the works to take out Syrian President Bashar Assad in 2017 and that he was supportive of it, but that former Defense Secretary James Mattis was opposed.

The president's disclosure that an assassination operation was discussed came as part of a lengthy diatribe against Mattis, but it confirmed a piece of reporting from 2018 that Trump disputed at the time.

“I would've rather taken him out. I had him all set. Mattis didn’t want to do it. Mattis was a highly overrated general," Trump said on "Fox & Friends."

Journalist Bob Woodward reported in his 2018 book, "Fear," that Trump urged Mattis that the U.S. should “f------ kill” Assad following an April 2017 chemical attack on civilians in Syria.

Mattis reportedly went along with the president’s demands during the phone call, but immediately told aides after hanging up that they would take a “much more measured” approach.
Trump then lied, straight up LIED, in 2018 when he denied such a plan was even discussed.

howeda7

Reaction score
He's a "coup plotter" because he dared disagree with Dear Leader? Could you be any deeper in the Kool-Aid?

howeda7

Reaction score
Just a MAGA hat? You liberals are into that sort of thing with your Caitlyn Jenner fetishes. Sick.

MAGA
I didn't realize that GH had banned "God." The mods must be Dems. :rolleyes:

Spoofin

Reaction score
I’m glad he lied about it in 2018. He should have lied about it today. I can’t think of any situation where publicly confirming this is helpful to the USA. I’m also thinking Woodward should face consequences for releasing such information. Seems someone would have had to violated a clearance in some way.

USAF

Reaction score
I’m glad he lied about it in 2018. He should have lied about it today. I can’t think of any situation where publicly confirming this is helpful to the USA. I’m also thinking Woodward should face consequences for releasing such information. That should be a violation of his clearance in some way.
Shouldnt Trump, also face consequences, then? For "releasing such information?"

This is too easy.

stocker08

Reaction score
I’m glad he lied about it in 2018. He should have lied about it today. I can’t think of any situation where publicly confirming this is helpful to the USA. I’m also thinking Woodward should face consequences for releasing such information. Seems someone would have had to violated a clearance in some way.
We need four more years of the president being a complete moron and doing/saying things that are dangerous to the country.

How DARE Woodward let people know how stupid the guy in office is. Lock him up?

Spoofin

Reaction score
We need four more years of the president being a complete moron and doing/saying things that are dangerous to the country.

How DARE Woodward let people know how stupid the guy in office is. Lock him up?
We would all certainly be better off if Trump didn't talk out loud - unfortunately, he does.

I have never had the need to get a TS clearance, but I would think discussions of an assassination plot would be classified information. If so, Trump was obligated to lie about it in 2018. If not, Trump was smart to lie about it in 2018 (what benefit would come of confirming this?). Instead of people yelling "he LIED" they should be concerned about who is releasing this information into the public. In this example from 2018 Woodward wasn't letting anyone "know how stupid DT was" - he was reporting something he shouldn't have to help sell his book. Call a spade a spade.

As I said in the post you quoted - DT shouldn't have confirmed it today either. Not sure of the status of 2017 information in 2020, but at best (never was or no longer is classified) he is an idiot for doing so, and at worst (is classified) he should face the consequences of doing so (as should whoever leaked the info in 2018).

As for your opening statement, no I don't think we need 4 more years of DT. I don't want 4 years of JB either. The fact that these are our 2 candidates is the biggest indictment on this Country I can think of.

Wally

Reaction score
Freedom of the press, guess you don't believe in that.

Wally

Reaction score
We would all certainly be better off if Trump didn't talk out loud - unfortunately, he does.

I have never had the need to get a TS clearance, but I would think discussions of an assassination plot would be classified information. If so, Trump was obligated to lie about it in 2018. If not, Trump was smart to lie about it in 2018 (what benefit would come of confirming this?). Instead of people yelling "he LIED" they should be concerned about who is releasing this information into the public. In this example from 2018 Woodward wasn't letting anyone "know how stupid DT was" - he was reporting something he shouldn't have to help sell his book. Call a spade a spade.

As I said in the post you quoted - DT shouldn't have confirmed it today either. Not sure of the status of 2017 information in 2020, but at best (never was or no longer is classified) he is an idiot for doing so, and at worst (is classified) he should face the consequences of doing so (as should whoever leaked the info in 2018).

As for your opening statement, no I don't think we need 4 more years of DT. I don't want 4 years of JB either. The fact that these are our 2 candidates is the biggest indictment on this Country I can think of.
Trump can declassify anything at anytime he wants. The only exception might be undercover agents at risk.

I for one believe almost nothing should be classified, secret gov bullshit causes more harm than good. Very very little should be secret for more than a year.

stocker08

Reaction score

Again....you seem to think that the release of this information is the biggest problem. Not that the president attempted to set up an assassination plot. What's really worse?

Anyone other than Trumpers would agree that the president even suggesting this is a far bigger issue. Especially since that idiot is trying to "lead" for another four (or more) years.

Spoofin

Reaction score
Again....you seem to think that the release of this information is the biggest problem. Not that the president attempted to set up an assassination plot. What's really worse?

Anyone other than Trumpers would agree that the president even suggesting this is a far bigger issue. Especially since that idiot is trying to "lead" for another four (or more) years.
Actually, the biggest complaint in this thread was that he LIED about it in 2018 (gasp). Do you think our assassination plot against OBL was wrong? I don't know anything about this dude from Syria, but in some circumstances I don't see an issue with this discussion. You have no clue of the details in this case either.

I swear you lefties aren't even smart enough to realize that I'm not defending DT here. I flat out said to you that at best he is an idiot and at worst a criminal. Somehow even that makes me a "Trumper". You can't make that sh!t up.

Wally

Reaction score
I don't believe he should have published that in order to sell a book, no.
Trump wanting to kill Assad, like literally zero people in the world were surprised to hear that. Total nothingburger really.

stocker08

Reaction score
Actually, the biggest complaint in this thread was that he LIED about it in 2018 (gasp). Do you think our assassination plot against OBL was wrong? I don't know anything about this dude from Syria, but in some circumstances I don't see an issue with this discussion. You have no clue of the details in this case either.

I swear you lefties aren't even smart enough to realize that I'm not defending DT here. I flat out said to you that at best he is an idiot and at worst a criminal. Somehow even that makes me a "Trumper". You can't make that sh!t up.
Ummm....you were the one complaining that Woodward should face criminal consequences. Do you not remember that....or were you having a Trump moment?

You're like the rioter that smashes a window with witnesses and video surveillance.....and comes up with the defense of "no I didn't". You deflected in this thread much like basically EVERY other Trump thread. For someone who claims to not be a Trumper....your attacks on Biden are 25 to 1. Lol.

So yeah....don't kid yourself. You certainly aren't tricking anyone.

Top Bottom