Mattis Retiring

diehard

Reaction score
This has been building for quite a while. Syria was just the straw that broke the camel's back. Alpha males respect each other but that respect doesn't keep them from clashing. Trump openly identified Mattis as a Democrat a long time ago.

bottlebass

Main Member
Reaction score
This has been building for quite a while. Syria was just the straw that broke the camel's back. Alpha males respect each other but that respect doesn't keep them from clashing. Trump openly identified Mattis as a Democrat a long time ago.
Trump is an alpha male? LOL

diehard

Reaction score
An Alpha male is something you would not recognize.

Sportsfan24

Reaction score
According to former military that know Mattis, it has been suggested that Trump fired Mattis and Kelly and asked them to leave via resignation. They say that Mattis is tireless and would never quit.

I can see that.
Is Mattis a liar? He clearly stated the reasons for his resignation. The first paragraph states why (Trumps mistreatment of our allies) and the 2nd paragraph states what (he resigned/quit because of the why).

“My views on treating allies with respect and also being clear-eyed about malign actors and strategic competitors are strongly held and informed by over four decades of immersion in these issues. We must do everything possible to advance an international order that is most conducive to our security, prosperity and values, and we are strengthened in this effort by the solidarity of our alliances.

Because you have the right to a Secretary of Defense whose views are better aligned with yours on these and other subjects, I believe it is right for me to step down from my position.”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

God

Banned
Reaction score
Mattis was fired for being a liberal. I’ve been saying this all along. MAGA

Sportsfan24

Reaction score
Trump pulled 2000 troops out of Syria. I would classify this as a good thing given the current situation there. Mattis didn't agree, and quit. So if you are upset that Mattis is leaving, you must also be pissed that we pulled out troops, right?
Huh? A guy in his car runs over my dog of 15 years in his car (not my my dog) and kills him. The guy gives me $5K for the dog.

According to your logic if I’m upset with the guy for killing my dog then I must be upset the he gave me $5K?

[emoji848][emoji848][emoji848] I’m thinking I’ll get myself a few more dogs and find out where the guy likes to drive his car.

Sportsfan24

Reaction score
His resignation letter makes it quite clear that it went beyond this.
Why are you bringing FACTS to the conversation? Cats who voted for a guy who filed bankruptcy 4 times, routinely stiffs small businessman, employs illegal and marries immigrants (who become legal BECAUSE of said marriage). Yet states he is a successful businessman, for the small guy and is pro America.....and they believe him? Those cats are dupes.

I’ve posted this (the actual resignation letter) several times which clearly states why he quit. These cats refuse to believe fact.

“My views on treating allies with respect and also being clear-eyed about malign actors and strategic competitors are strongly held and informed by over four decades of immersion in these issues. We must do everything possible to advance an international order that is most conducive to our security, prosperity and values, and we are strengthened in this effort by the solidarity of our alliances.

Because you have the right to a Secretary of Defense whose views are better aligned with yours on these and other subjects, I believe it is right for me to step down from my position.”

Sportsfan24

Reaction score
According to former military that know Mattis, it has been suggested that Trump fired Mattis and Kelly and asked them to leave via resignation. They say that Mattis is tireless and would never quit.

I can see that.
What? You CAN’T see the letter he wrote explaining why he quit? Cool, I’ll reduce it down to two paragraphs.

The first paragraph states why and the 2nd paragraph states what (he resigned/quit because of the why). THEY don’t have to interpret or say why Mathis quit. He clearly did so himself.

John Galt

Reaction score
Huh? A guy in his car runs over my dog of 15 years in his car (not my my dog) and kills him. The guy gives me $5K for the dog.

According to your logic if I’m upset with the guy for killing my dog then I must be upset the he gave me $5K?

[emoji848][emoji848][emoji848] I’m thinking I’ll get myself a few more dogs and find out where the guy likes to drive his car.

Huh? You got $5k for a dead dog?

Sportsfan24

Reaction score
I hadn’t heard this, can you share a link.
I can do much better than that.

Link
https://www.cnn.com/2018/12/20/politics/james-mattis-resignation-letter-doc/index.html

Letter
“I have been privileged to serve as our country’s 26th Secretary of Defense which has allowed me to serve alongside our men and women of the Department in defense of our citizens and our ideals.

I am proud of the progress that has been made over the past two years on some of the key goals articulated in our National Defense Strategy: putting the Department on a more sound budgetary footing, improving readiness and lethality in our forces, and reforming the Department’s business practices for greater performance. Our troops continue to provide the capabilities needed to prevail in conflict and sustain strong U.S. global influence.

One core belief I have always held is that our strength as a nation is inextricably linked to the strength of our unique and comprehensive system of alliances and partnerships. While the US remains the indispensable nation in the free world, we cannot protect our interests or serve that role effectively without maintaining strong alliances and showing respect to those allies. Like you, I have said from the beginning that the armed forces of the United States should not be policeman of the world. Instead, we must use all tools of American power to provide for the common defense, including providing effective leadership to our alliances. NATO’s 29 democracies demonstrated that strength in their commitment to fighting alongside us following the 9-11 attack on America. The Defeat-ISIS coalition of 74 nations is further proof.

Similarly, I believe we must be resolute and unambiguous in our approach to those countries whose strategic interests are increasingly in tension with ours. It is clear that China and Russia, for example, want to shape a world consistent with their authoritarian model — gaining veto authority over other nations’ economic, diplomatic and security decisions — to promote their own interests at the expense of their neighbors, America and our allies. That is why we must use all the tools of American power to provide for the common defense.

My views on treating allies with respect and also being clear-eyed about malign actors and strategic competitors are strongly held and informed by over four decades of immersion in these issues. We must do everything possible to advance an international order that is most conducive to our security, prosperity and values, and we are strengthened in this effort by the solidarity of our alliances.

Because you have the right to a Secretary of Defense whose views are better aligned with yours on these and other subjects, I believe it is right for me to step down from my position. The end date for my tenure is February 28, 2019, a date that should allow sufficient time for a successor to be nominated and confirmed as well as to make sure the Department’s interests are properly articulated and protected at upcoming events to include Congressional posture hearings and the NATO Defense Ministerial meeting in February. Further, that a full transition to a new Secretary of Defense occurs well in advance of the transition of Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff in September in order to ensure stability within the Department.

I pledge my full effort to a smooth transition that ensures the needs and interests of the 2.15 million Service Members and 732,079 DoD civilians receive undistracted attention of the Department at all times so that they can fulfill their critical, round-the-clock mission to protect the American people.

I very much appreciate this opportunity to serve the nation and our men and women in uniform.

James N. Mattis”

Sportsfan24

Reaction score
Alpha males don’t wear combovers and buy puss..y and whine if someone doesn’t like them. A alpha male would NEVER believe think Trump is one.[emoji1787][emoji1787][emoji1787]

GopherJake

Reaction score
Alpha males have massive beer guts and wear a scraggly gray pony tail.

stocker08

Reaction score

I can see that.
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!! Yeah.....you'd like to think so.

Bad Gopher

A Loner, A Rebel
Reaction score
Alpha males sometimes even wear pink pants.

Last edited:

cncmin

Reaction score
Hey another meaningless cnc post with a fancy word.

lol! You actually think there was a fancy word in my post. I’m so happy that people like you actually exist. Thank you for being you.

Plausible Deniability

Coffee is for closers
Reaction score
Damn good thing we have WH staffing changes to pull our hair out about so we don't have to report about pointless crap like major moves on prison reform and banning bump stocks (which I think everyone in the planet was screaming about for months?)

GoodasGold

Reaction score
Damn good thing we have WH staffing changes to pull our hair out about so we don't have to report about pointless crap like major moves on prison reform and banning bump stocks (which I think everyone in the planet was screaming about for months?)
Not me! I have a Good deal of affection for my bump stock. And I’ll most likely need it more than ever now; what with all these violent prisoners getting furloughs or pardons. :mad:

Sportsfan24

Reaction score
The President has only himself to blame. He’s the one who is always stepping on his own messages. We’ve been in Syria like what.....7 years? He couldn’t have waited a week or two to make that announcement? Remember....it wasn’t leaked. He tweeted it. Further proof he’s a dumb ass.[emoji41]

jamiche

Reaction score
The last guy was great. The current guys are terrible. Always. Over and over again.

That's not the point. I wasn't comparing him to previous Secretaries of Defense. I was comparing him to other current senior leaders in the Trump Admn. Mattis remains in the cabinet until 2/28.

Costa Rican Gopher

Mind of a Scientist
Reaction score
This!!! If you told America in 2014, that the next POTUS in 2018 would, in one week, sign the prison/sentencing reform bill, create opportunity zones in low income, inner city neighborhoods, ban bump stocks, pull out of Syria & pull half the troops out of Afghanistan after 17 years, the left would have cheered and instinctively assumed it would be the Democratic candidate.

BarnBurner

Reaction score
This!!! If you told America in 2014, that the next POTUS in 2018 would, in one week, sign the prison/sentencing reform bill, create opportunity zones in low income, inner city neighborhoods, ban bump stocks, pull out of Syria & pull half the troops out of Afghanistan after 17 years, the left would have cheered and instinctively assumed it would be the Democratic candidate.
I am surprised jam jam didn’t report this great news, along with congrats to djt.

God

Banned
Reaction score
I am surprised jam jam didn’t report this great news, along with congrats to djt.
Jammer has mental health issues. A close friend knows his psychiatrist. Not good.

Mattis is acting like a little girl since he got fired. The man is a traitor. He’s gone at the end of the year. Good riddance. Never liked him.

MAGA

saintpaulguy

Reaction score
I’ll make you a deal. If he drops the border wall, I’ll post a photo of myself wearing my MAGA hat.

Top Bottom