Mattis Retiring

jamiche

Reaction score
Go back and find me some posts from 2 years ago from the board progs praising Mattis and I will eat crow. There is no chance you did.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
You don't understand that it's relative. Compared to the clown show currently running the joint, Mattis is a sound practitioner.

justthefacts

Reaction score

Mattis lasted 3 weeks less than Hagel.
I'd also note that Chuck Hagel was a Republican.

Comparing Nauert to Power is silly. Power worked at Harvard's Kennedy School of Government. She worked for 2 years for Obama when he was Senator. She spent four years working for the NSC. Nauert hasn't even spent 2 years doing public policy work.

I will admit, though, that my original comment was too reductive.

No, liberals on this board didn't praise Mattis. But I know that you secretly worry about Trump's inability to keep staff members, Section2, especially the ones that have actual relevant experience. Even worse, quality candidates don't want the jobs when they open up. Soon it will just be Mick Mulvaney and Jared Kushner doing all the jobs.

The press routinely described Mattis and McMaster as steadying influences:

https://www.thedailybeast.com/new-power-center-in-trumpland-the-axis-of-adults

https://www.washingtonpost.com/post...ations-axis-of-adults/?utm_term=.c482e86b04f1

https://www.washingtonpost.com/blog...-trump-administration/?utm_term=.69c380952e7d

https://slate.com/news-and-politics/2017/03/the-powerlessness-of-mattis-mcmaster-and-tillerson.html

Last edited:

God

Banned
Reaction score

Mattis lasted 3 weeks less than Hagel.
Fake News. Put your thinking cap on, looks like it fell off again. Hagen was Deep State and a fraud. Mattis is a decorated war hero who is retiring after serving his country.

Maybe you should be more focused on the proper 302 reports and emails that Mueller destroyed. Lock Mueller up.

MAGA

justthefacts

Reaction score
<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

God

Banned
Reaction score

Wrong. Try again. The military loves Trump, which is why they are going to have a parade for him. It is going to be the best parade of all time. MAGA.

diehard

Reaction score
If the judge had settled the Flynn matter he could take over. :cool02:

Bad Gopher

A Loner, A Rebel
Reaction score

Section2

Reaction score
You don't understand that it's relative. Compared to the clown show currently running the joint, Mattis is a sound practitioner.
It’s not relative. It’s convenient.

Section2

Reaction score
No, liberals on this board didn't praise Mattis. But I know that you secretly worry about Trump's inability to keep staff members, Section2, especially the ones that have actual relevant experience. Even worse, quality candidates don't want the jobs when they open up. Soon it will just be Mick Mulvaney and Jared Kushner doing all the jobs.

The press routinely described Mattis and McMaster as steadying influences:
It’s not a secret. It’s not good. But you guys are not being honest. Again. You rip as crazed lunatics the people trump hires, and then when they quit, oh my god, he was a steadying influence! Trump must be impeached.
Trump is going to start ww3! Oh, well now he’s having discussions with N Korea and withdrawing troops from Syria,
He’s a madman! This is reckless!

It’s just a constant moral panic. It’s not your fault, you’re just regurgitating what you see in the media.

justthefacts

Reaction score
It’s not a secret. It’s not good. But you guys are not being honest. Again. You rip as crazed lunatics the people trump hires, and then when they quit, oh my god, he was a steadying influence! Trump must be impeached.
Trump is going to start ww3! Oh, well now he’s having discussions with N Korea and withdrawing troops from Syria,
He’s a madman! This is reckless!

It’s just a constant moral panic. It’s not your fault, you’re just regurgitating what you see in the media.

Please link to a post describing Mattis in anything remotely resembling those terms.

EDIT: I'd also be interested in seeing anyone who lamented the departure of Scott Pruitt or Tom Price or Ryan Zinke, who were the type of corrupt, unethical Washington types that MAGA fans pretend to hate.

Last edited:

Bad Gopher

A Loner, A Rebel
Reaction score
You rip as crazed lunatics the people trump hires...
Other than his nickname, there was nothing crazed about Mattis, and nobody ever said that. He has a remarkably high approval rate among the armed forces, including 90% among officers if I'm not mistaken.

diehard

Reaction score
Mattis and I are similar ages. He is worn out. Just look at him. He looks like crap. He has been under high pressure his entire career. Commanding troops that go out and die is as mentally and emotionally exhausting as life gets. He never cracked or withered under the pressure, but he needs a break. He never married and has no family. A total devotee to the Marine Corps and his country. I hope he will do some writing and hopefully some TV. Bless you, General Mattis. (Yes, I still disagree with him on some issues, like Syria, but he is one tough SOB.)

GoodasGold

Reaction score
Mattis and I are similar ages. He is worn out. Just look at him. He looks like crap. He has been under high pressure his entire career. Commanding troops that go out and die is as mentally and emotionally exhausting as life gets. He never cracked or withered under the pressure, but he needs a break. He never married and has no family. A total devotee to the Marine Corps and his country. I hope he will do some writing and hopefully some TV. Bless you, General Mattis. (Yes, I still disagree with him on some issues, like Syria, but he is one tough SOB.)
Sounds like an older version of young Steven Miller. Except, of course, for the hair!

John Galt

Reaction score
Trump pulled 2000 troops out of Syria. I would classify this as a good thing given the current situation there. Mattis didn't agree, and quit. So if you are upset that Mattis is leaving, you must also be pissed that we pulled out troops, right?

howeda7

Reaction score
Go back and find me some posts from 2 years ago from the board progs praising Mattis and I will eat crow. There is no chance you did.

Cabinet Secretaries are like referees. Generally no one is praising them. But if they are competent and good at their job you don't notice them. If they appear to be corrupt or incompetent at their jobs, you do. The former has been rare in the Trump Administration. Mattis, Haley, maybe one or two others. Meanwhile, people like Price, Zinke and co. outnumber them.

Can you find anyone criticizing the appointment of Mattis or his conduct? As the king of TDS police it should be easy.

howeda7

Reaction score

Find someone ripping the hire of Mattis or Haley.

justthefacts

Reaction score
Trump pulled 2000 troops out of Syria. I would classify this as a good thing given the current situation there. Mattis didn't agree, and quit. So if you are upset that Mattis is leaving, you must also be pissed that we pulled out troops, right?
His resignation letter makes it quite clear that it went beyond this.

howeda7

Reaction score
That implies that there is no plan to draw down the troops that Mattis would have agreed with, which is likely not true.

howeda7

Reaction score
The last guy was great. The current guys are terrible. Always. Over and over again.

Who has said that about Zinke or Sessions or Price or any of the dozen others that have resigned?

KillerGopherFan

Reaction score
So direct from Fox News versus once worked for any other media company anywhere. Not exactly apples to apples.
Is there a long list of former Fox News staff working in the administration? That seemed to be your claim. Other than Bill Shine, who is working as a communications director for the WH, there certainly isn’t as long of list as Obama’s connection to the MSM. Oh, I forgot, Kim Guilfolye dates DJT jr. That counts in your opinion.

Heather Nauert has done an outstanding job working as a State Dept spokesman. She has been extremely knowledgeable and articulate. The U.N. position she is taking has been reduced to a sub-Cabinet job, as it was for Powers and most UN Ambassadors, is basically a communications position and not a policy deciding or making position. Nicki Haley didn’t communicate her policy. She communicated Trump and the US’s policy.

KillerGopherFan

Reaction score
According to former military that know Mattis, it has been suggested that Trump fired Mattis and Kelly and asked them to leave via resignation. They say that Mattis is tireless and would never quit.

I can see that.

KillerGopherFan

Reaction score
Cabinet Secretaries are like referees. Generally no one is praising them. But if they are competent and good at their job you don't notice them. If they appear to be corrupt or incompetent at their jobs, you do. The former has been rare in the Trump Administration. Mattis, Haley, maybe one or two others. Meanwhile, people like Price, Zinke and co. outnumber them.

Can you find anyone criticizing the appointment of Mattis or his conduct? As the king of TDS police it should be easy.
Pretty sure I heard concerns about all the military guys that Trump was installing in government intelligence and Defense positions when he first started filling appointments, in the MSM and by some Lefty posters here. No one was saying “but Mattis is so good”, just too many military, implying that Trump was going to take over militarily, like any of them would do that. Just early stage TDS.

cncmin

Reaction score
The last guy was great. The current guys are terrible. Always. Over and over again.

Your penchant for lying is still exceeded by your ignorance.

Bad Gopher

A Loner, A Rebel
Reaction score
Done saving the state for the day, so I'm back on Twitter, bitches!

Top Bottom