Mark Kelly for Arizona Senate

Gopherguy0723

Reaction score
A few months ago, I teased out that Mark Kelly might run for Senate in Arizona, and use that as a launching pad to run for President.

Well, step 1 is happening. He is running against Martha McSally who was appointed to her current seat. Mark Kelly is a shoe in to win giving Arizona two democrats as senators.

Kelly is a hero and a dream candidate for either party. This is big time.

diehard

Reaction score
He is interesting. I know he says he is against criminals, terrorists, and mentally ill having guns. Tough to argue that. I don't really know what he is for, but if he is a D it can't be very good.

TruthSeeker

Reaction score
McSally needs to he primaried. She already lost to a nut bag. She'll never beat Mark Kelly. He's a veteran, astronaut, and the husband of Gabby Giffords. Only a perfect candidate could beat him in Arizona, and she's a definite loser.

diehard

Reaction score
Got to agree with TS. McSally hasn't been able to get much traction. There are reasons for that.

Gophers_4life

Reaction score
Wait, why do we care what happens in some desert?? We live in Minnesota ......... right??

Gophers_4life

Reaction score
It can't be that several of the grizzled, old white hyper-conservative posters on GopherHole OTB .... are actually too cowardly to stay in Minnesota and deal with the winters?? They have to tuck tail and run away to Arizona??

Can it??

cncmin

Reaction score
A few months ago, I teased out that Mark Kelly might run for Senate in Arizona, and use that as a launching pad to run for President.

Well, step 1 is happening. He is running against Martha McSally who was appointed to her current seat. Mark Kelly is a shoe in to win giving Arizona two democrats as senators.

Kelly is a hero and a dream candidate for either party. This is big time.
Agreed, so long as the Democrats don't primary him out of the running with an extreme leftist, which is unfortunately a significant probability.

howeda7

Reaction score
Agreed, so long as the Democrats don't primary him out of the running with an extreme leftist, which is unfortunately a significant probability.
Challenging a strong candidate in a state that's barely purple would be moronic. I don't see it happening.

cncmin

Reaction score
Challenging a strong candidate in a state that's barely purple would be moronic. I don't see it happening.
You post as if the Dems aren't often moronic. They can mess up anything, given enough time.

howeda7

Reaction score
You post as if the Dems aren't often moronic. They can mess up anything, given enough time.
They often are. But this one seems easy. If anyone with a legit chance starts down that road. you give them a job with the party or something to go away.

howeda7

Reaction score
Spot on. The proof is in the 2016 presidential election....
The mistake there was everyone refusing to run because Hillary was such a forgone conclusion. Now we have the opposite problem.

Gopherguy0723

Reaction score
Kelly won't face a strong challenge. He and his wife are beloved and will be rallied around due to her attempted assassination. Plus, he has enough credibility on gun control by speaking about the need for it and raising money for it for years, which will help inoculate him from the hard left.

He'll be virtually unopposed.

theczar

Reaction score
He is interesting. I know he says he is against criminals, terrorists, and mentally ill having guns. Tough to argue that. I don't really know what he is for, but if he is a D it can't be very good.
Depends on the applied definition of criminal,terrorist and mentally ill....

Section2

Reaction score
Main qualification: wife got shot. We are in trouble.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gopherguy0723

Reaction score

No offense, but that's a terrible take. He's a Captain in the Navy who flew dozens of combat missions, an astronaut, and a public activist on violence for years. His life has been about public service.

He's more qualified than most candidates who run for the Senate, and more qualified than the president was when he ran for office.

What else would you want?

Section2

Reaction score
No offense, but that's a terrible take. He's a Captain in the Navy who flew dozens of combat missions, an astronaut, and a public activist on violence for years. His life has been about public service.

He's more qualified than most candidates who run for the Senate, and more qualified than the president was when he ran for office.

What else would you want?
He’s Martha McSalley, but with a spouse who has been shot.

Gophers_4life

Reaction score
Kelly won't face a strong challenge. He and his wife are beloved and will be rallied around due to her attempted assassination. Plus, he has enough credibility on gun control by speaking about the need for it and raising money for it for years, which will help inoculate him from the hard left.

He'll be virtually unopposed.
Only thing will be if they somehow dig up some dirt ... or just make it up. Let's see how "House of Cards" they go on him.

They're digging hard right now, for sure.

Gopherguy0723

Reaction score
He’s Martha McSalley, but with a spouse who has been shot.

What does that have to do about his qualifications? What is an acceptable resumé for a U.S. Senate candidate if his isn't?

diehard

Reaction score
Do we know where he stands on the wall? That and guns are going to be big issues there.

Gophers_4life

Reaction score
Do we know where he stands on the wall? That and guns are going to be big issues there.
Well, luckily he's in an unquestionable position to ask for more gun control. Have fun cracking that nut.

Gophers_4life

Reaction score
At least diehard is honest about being satisfied with being in an echo chamber.

Most hyper-conservatives on internet message boards don't have that gall, for some reason.

howeda7

Reaction score

Trump fan-boy mocks qualifications of veteran running for office. Pathetic.

Section2

Reaction score
What does that have to do about his qualifications? What is an acceptable resumé for a U.S. Senate candidate if his isn't?
His MAIN qualification, the thing that without it, he would not be elected in my opinion, is that his wife was shot.
That’s not a good/bad for/against on anything about his politics or intelligence or character.

Top Bottom