Mail-in ballots

howeda7

Reaction score
Do it!
Its only a felony, what could go wrong......
Should I commit a felony to "own the libs"? Such a tough call. But compared to keeping Jamele Hill chained in the basement it's pretty minor. Go for it.

Ogee Oglethorpe

Over Macho Grande?
Reaction score
Attempting to own libs by trolling them using your wife’s recently deceased son as bait? Wow.
Get over yourself, good grief.

Open your eyes, this is the reality we are living in right now; ballots being mailed all over the country to God knows who, ripe for fraud. Or would you prefer not to comment on that actual issue at hand?

GopherJake

Reaction score
Get over yourself, good grief.

Open your eyes, this is the reality we are living in right now; ballots being mailed all over the country to God knows who, ripe for fraud. Or would you prefer not to comment on that actual issue at hand?
I don’t believe your story in the least, first of all. Second of all, your use of your wife’s recently deceased child in order to troll libs is abhorrent. And you know it.

Ogee Oglethorpe

Over Macho Grande?
Reaction score
I don’t believe your story in the least, first of all. Second of all, your use of your wife’s recently deceased child in order to troll libs is abhorrent. And you know it.
Your reply is what is shameful, you stupid f'k. If I were going to make up the story, I would have gone with the "I have a co-worker who...." route. If I wanted to go full-on trolling, I would have included that they sent me ballots in both AZ and MN to both of my residences and was tempted to use both, which also happened, but truth be told, I went down to the early voting location and submitted my one ballot, properly disposed of the other one.

Jake, you used to actually make some decent contributions but in recent months you're just plain angry and cranky. And your repeated "own the libs" mantra is just plain stupid as well.

GopherJake

Reaction score
but truth be told, I went down to the early voting location and submitted my one ballot, properly disposed of the other one.
Which is why I stated I didn't believe this tale you made up:

So we have our own little mail-in ballot dilemma in our own house, thought I'd throw it out there for some sound advice because the board has so many smart intelligent folks.

The dilemma me and Mrs Ogee are kicking around is,
do we take the ballot that came in the mail for my stepson who passed away in February, 2019 and do what he most certainly would have wanted us to do which is proudly mark the ballot for President Trump and place it in the mail?

We also got a ballot in the mail for my Mom, who only passed away several months ago and again, she would have proudly voted for President Trump as well.

What do you think? It's an important election, right? I have to get those ballots mailed in, don't I?
Please note the present tense that you used throughout the post in bold. Since, "truth be told" you had already done the right thing and no dilemma actually existed at the time you wrote the post, why did you use present tense? Why were you asking for advice, when you had already done the right thing - which I know you would do? And no dilemma actually ever existed? This isn't trolling libs? :rolleyes:

Ogee Oglethorpe

Over Macho Grande?
Reaction score
It doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out what's happening, you moron. It's obvious they are blindly mailing General Election ballots to anyone who filed a tax return earlier this year, for the year 2019. Clearly it's a foolproof plan that is working exactly how it was intended

GopherJake

Reaction score
It doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out what's happening, you moron. It's obvious they are blindly mailing General Election ballots to anyone who filed a tax return earlier this year, for the year 2019. Clearly it's a foolproof plan that is working exactly how it was intended
That's a different discussion than the one about your fake dilemma using your wife's recently deceased son as a prop in the story.

GoodasGold

Reaction score
I mailed all my ballots in early just to be on the safe side. It’s a relief to be done with all that bother.

GopherJake

Reaction score
Oh Gee, you might be interested in this web site that would clear up some of your misconceptions:

Your state is having a "hybrid election," with all registered voters on file having been mailed a ballot in late Sept/early Oct. Voters may return those ballots (legally, unless they are interested in jail time) or vote in person. The hybrid election was passed into law here:

This was signed into law on Aug 3 and passed on what appears to be strict party lines in both chambers. Notably, the Nevada Secretary of State is a Republican. Also notably, the General Election section of the Nevada Secretary of State web site, which is the first link above, unfortunately - because we have a jackass of a President - felt the need to list this at the very top of the page:

"BE ADVISED: Voters should not try to confirm the status of their mail ballot by attempting to vote in person after they have already voted by mail. Attempting to vote more than once in the same election is a serious crime that carries a penalty of up to 4 years in prison.

Voters who want to check the status of their mail ballot can login to the Secretary of State’s voter services website and confirm that their ballot has been received, or they can contact their county election office directly. Voters also have the option to sign up for a service that will send the voter an alert via text message or email when the voter’s ballot has been received and counted."

Wally

Reaction score
MN is not, you must request a ballot.

KillerGopherFan

Reaction score
An official California mail-in voter drop box was set on fire by dropping lit material inside destroying about 100 ballots. Who would’ve thought that might happen?

howeda7

Reaction score
An official California mail-in voter drop box was set on fire by dropping lit material inside destroying about 100 ballots. Who would’ve thought that might happen?
In a liberal neighborhood. Gee, I wonder who did it?

justthefacts

Reaction score
This is absolutely ridiculous. Unreal. They know they can't win if all legitimate ballots are counted.

Last edited:

KillerGopherFan

Reaction score
This is absolutely ridiculous. Unreal. They know they can't win if all legitimate ballots are counted.

YOU DON’T GET TO CHANGE THE RULES IN THE MIDDLE OF THE GAME.

IF IT WAS SUCH A GOOD RULE TO HAVE BEFORE, THEY SHOULD’VE PASSED IT INTO LEGISLATION BEFORE.

howeda7

Reaction score
YOU DON’T GET TO CHANGE THE RULES IN THE MIDDLE OF THE GAME.

IF IT WAS SUCH A GOOD RULE TO HAVE BEFORE, THEY SHOULD’VE PASSED IT INTO LEGISLATION BEFORE.
Gutting the postal service and delaying the mail to disenfranchise as many votes as possible is changing the rules in the middle of the game hypocrite.

KillerGopherFan

Reaction score
Gutting the postal service and delaying the mail to disenfranchise as many votes as possible is changing the rules in the middle of the game hypocrite.
Maybe Democrats should’ve thought about that when they were panicking people into voting by mail and changing all the rules to favor Democrat votes, like Pennsylvania dropping the signature verification rule.

The Supreme Court has to intervene into these unconstitutional moves by state officials without legislation as required by many state constitutions.

justthefacts

Reaction score
The majority opinion is based solely on the fact that a federal court can't intervene to interpret state election laws, but then Kavanaugh then weighs in to say that it can in certain situations. And he goes further to say that it would be a bad thing if one candidate led on election night and simple prolonged counting of ballots led to another candidate taking the lead. He not only contradicts the opinion he's agreeing with, he clearly indicates that he'd be ok with SCOTUS intervening to stop counting ballots that arrived on time.

justthefacts

Reaction score
Kavanaugh is the partisan hack the board's conservatives have been warning us about:

KillerGopherFan

Reaction score
Yeah, if only that had been discussed over the last 2 months.

Let’s see, I’ve known who I’m voting for a long time, but I decided to wait for the heck of it.

This is fake outrage. Very few voters are waiting to mail-in ballots. If it took 2 weeks to be processed through the USPS, you’d have a point. It doesn’t.

KillerGopherFan

Reaction score
The majority opinion is based solely on the fact that a federal court can't intervene to interpret state election laws, but then Kavanaugh then weighs in to say that it can in certain situations. And he goes further to say that it would be a bad thing if one candidate led on election night and simple prolonged counting of ballots led to another candidate taking the lead. He not only contradicts the opinion he's agreeing with, he clearly indicates that he'd be ok with SCOTUS intervening to stop counting ballots that arrived on time.
You can’t change ruled in the middle of the game. That is what Dems want to be able to do.

Top Bottom