Mail-in ballots

Wally

Reaction score
So let me get this straight; all we've heard from the left in the last several years is how miniscule the the margin of victory was across states like Pennsylvania, Michigan, Wisconsin, et al and yet evidence like this is irrelevant?

Makes sense in the howie world I guess?
There is no evidence of any massive fraud, the only recent fraud I have heard about was by a Republican on the east coast somewhere.

GopherBlood666

Reaction score
There is not going to be some massive fraud conspiracy. It's going to be a ton of small, seemingly isolated incidents that show mail-in voting can be easily compromised. Even Killary says she is now voting in person. American idols Fauci and Birx have said voting in person is safe. There is no reason for mail in voting other than the normal absentee process.

KillerGopherFan

Reaction score
The willingness of Democrat officials to favor questionable mail-in ballot tactics to favor their candidates is disgusting.

However, Democrat leaders using the CV19 crisis to motivate voters to vote by mail is more likely to backfire than help them win elections. Conservatively, 5% of mail-in ballots will be tossed out as invalid for not completing the ballot correctly. Since Democrats tend to vote by mail more frequently and also tend to have a greater fear of the virus than Republicans, it will have a more significant affect on their vote totals.

Having considered this, Democrats are sending conflicting messages about whether to vote by mail or vote in-person, and Joe Biden acting like the virus is around every corner isn’t helping Democrat voters to feel confident about voting in-person.

Meanwhile, Democrat voter turnout authorities are suggesting that voting in-person is safe.

They really didn’t think this one through before launching their mail-in ballot campaign.

justthefacts

Reaction score
I would agree that if it is a requested absentee ballot, it is not as much of a risk. But if a state sends unsolicited ballots, signature matching is important to validate the vote.
Pennsylvania requires you to request a ballot, so you're all set.

BTW, so does MA, making it functionally equivalent to FL

justthefacts

Reaction score
The story reports that the ballots were part of a much larger batch of mail, and we agree, Louis DeJoy has really screwed up USPS.

Regardless, stories like this only make the inconsistency of Trump's views on mailed ballots more obvious.

Bad Gopher

A Loner, A Rebel
Reaction score
Our ballots are on their way. Everyone I've talked to about it is voting this way, including conservatives.

KillerGopherFan

Reaction score
Pennsylvania requires you to request a ballot, so you're all set.

BTW, so does MA, making it functionally equivalent to FL

Yeah, not quite.

Pennsylvania eliminated its signature verification step, changing their rules in the middle of the game knowing that Democrats are around twice as likely to rely on mail-in voting.

‘A Big Deal for Voting’: Pennsylvania Relaxes Mail-in Ballot Rules, Will No Longer Match Voters’ Signatures

The Commonwealth of Pennsylvania relaxed controversial verification rules for the processing of mail-in ballots last week in a decided victory and boon for voting rights advocates. The decision also short-circuits a voting access lawsuit already in progress.

Pennsylvania Secretary of State Kathy Boockvar (D) issued guidanceto counties that local election officials cannot perform on-the-spot signature analysis. Effectively, this means that ballots cannot be rejected because an election official believes the voter’s signature on a ballot envelope does not match the signature on file...

Donovan

Reaction score
Nothing to see here:
Texas official and 3 others indicted on 134 felonies in mail-in ballot fraud case

KILGORE, Texas (KTRK) -- With top Republicans, including the president, bringing up claims of fraud involving voting-by-mail, indictments announced Thursday against a Democratic county commissioner in East Texas appear to bolster those accusations.

The office of Texas Attorney General Ken Paxton announced 134 felony charges were filed against Gregg County Commissioner Shannon Brown and three co-defendants in connection to an alleged vote harvesting scheme involving a Democratic primary in 2018.

According to Paxton's office, Brown and others targeted "young, able-bodied" voters to cast ballots by mail by fraudulently claiming the voters were "disabled," in most cases without the voters' knowledge or consent. The indictments claim this was done to increase the pool of ballots needed to swing the race in Brown's favor.

In recent months, Paxton, a Republican, has led the charge in quelling vote-by-mail opportunities that he believes violates state law, citing those ballots are "specifically reserved for those who are physically ill and cannot vote in-person as a result."

There is an ongoing court battle between Paxton and Harris County Clerk Chris Hollins involving the latter sending unsolicited vote-by-mail applications to more than two million registered voters.

"It is an unfortunate reality that elections can be stolen outright by mail ballot fraud. Election fraud, particularly an organized mail ballot fraud scheme orchestrated by political operatives, is an affront to democracy and results in voter disenfranchisement and corruption at the highest level," said Paxton. "Mail ballots are vulnerable to diversion, coercion, and influence by organized vote harvesting schemes. This case demonstrates my commitment to ensuring Texas has the most secure elections in the country, and I thank the Gregg County Sheriff and District Attorney for their continued partnership. Those who try to manipulate the outcome of elections in Texas must be held accountable."

The vote-by-mail issue has been prominently voiced by Pres. Trump, who went as far as admitting to blocking U.S. Postal Service funding to stop mail-in ballots.

Like Paxton, Trump claims the possibility of voter fraud. Democrats, however, contend voter suppression in the midst of the coronavirus pandemic. Back in May, the Texas Supreme Court ruled a fear of the virus is not a valid reason to request a mail-in ballot.

KillerGopherFan

Reaction score
I have no idea how you reach this conclusion, when the President himself is throwing shade at the results in advance.
Pretty easily. Democrats in some states have attempted to change the rules supposedly b/c of CV19, mass unsolicited mail-in ballots, dropping signature verification, demands for relaxed mail-in voting standards, etc. Activist lefty judges are changing and lengthening the dates for mail-in ballots to be counted. Legal challenges are popping up all over the country as a result. All of this increases the possibility of fraudulent votes, ballot harvesting, and election uncertainty.

Did they expect Trump and Republicans not to react? Of course they knew Trump would react.

They initiated their pitch using CV19, but what does relaxing the mail-in ballot rules have to do with CV19? The vast majority of states would allow anyone that wants a mail-in ballot to request one, just as I did, in case voting in-person has delays. But dropping the signature verification? Why?

The answer is simple, Democrats are around twice as likely to vote by mail and have had the fear of god about CV put into them by Biden and Dem governors. Naturally Trump, or any Republican, is going to condemn those actions.

The problem that they didn’t think through is what if they’re really effective at getting their voters to use mail-in ballots in huge numbers...and mail-in ballots are rejected at a rate of 5%-20%. Oops. Now they‘re out telling voters that it’s safe to vote in-person after they realized that their effort could backfire.

But they’ve already put significant doubt about the electoral outcomes in close state races, which could give us Bush v Gore times 5.

If they really wanted to legitimize the election, they wouldn’t have advocated for any changes in election rules except to allow for CV19 concerned voters to request absentee ballots. No mass unsolicited ballot mailings, no ballot harvesting, no dropping of voter verification standards, no extension of mail-in ballot counting.

They wanted to stack the deck in their favor and have a means to de-legitimize Trump should he win.

justthefacts

Reaction score
Yeah, not quite.

Pennsylvania eliminated its signature verification step, changing their rules in the middle of the game knowing that Democrats are around twice as likely to rely on mail-in voting.

‘A Big Deal for Voting’: Pennsylvania Relaxes Mail-in Ballot Rules, Will No Longer Match Voters’ Signatures

The Commonwealth of Pennsylvania relaxed controversial verification rules for the processing of mail-in ballots last week in a decided victory and boon for voting rights advocates. The decision also short-circuits a voting access lawsuit already in progress.

Pennsylvania Secretary of State Kathy Boockvar (D) issued guidanceto counties that local election officials cannot perform on-the-spot signature analysis. Effectively, this means that ballots cannot be rejected because an election official believes the voter’s signature on a ballot envelope does not match the signature on file...

You specifically said "I would agree that if it is a requested absentee ballot, it is not as much of a risk. But if a state sends unsolicited ballots, signature matching is important to validate the vote."

KillerGopherFan

Reaction score
You specifically said "I would agree that if it is a requested absentee ballot, it is not as much of a risk. But if a state sends unsolicited ballots, signature matching is important to validate the vote."
It’s not as much of a risk. Not no risk. There’s no reason to drop signature verification.

From the Parkinglot

Reaction score
Our ballots are on their way. Everyone I've talked to about it is voting this way, including conservatives.
I agree with absentee voting if you request the ballot. Where i draw the line is simply mailing out ballots to every person of voting age in the country. The is wrought with potential issues such as change of addresses, deaths, vote verification, theft of ballots.

saintpaulguy

Reaction score
Where are the areas that are mailing ballots unsolicited?

stocker08

Reaction score
I agree with absentee voting if you request the ballot. Where i draw the line is simply mailing out ballots to every person of voting age in the country. The is wrought with potential issues such as change of addresses, deaths, vote verification, theft of ballots.
I agree with this.

GoodasGold

Reaction score
I’ve already begun mailing in all my ballots.

Wally

Reaction score
Nothing to see here:
Texas official and 3 others indicted on 134 felonies in mail-in ballot fraud case

KILGORE, Texas (KTRK) -- With top Republicans, including the president, bringing up claims of fraud involving voting-by-mail, indictments announced Thursday against a Democratic county commissioner in East Texas appear to bolster those accusations.

The office of Texas Attorney General Ken Paxton announced 134 felony charges were filed against Gregg County Commissioner Shannon Brown and three co-defendants in connection to an alleged vote harvesting scheme involving a Democratic primary in 2018.

According to Paxton's office, Brown and others targeted "young, able-bodied" voters to cast ballots by mail by fraudulently claiming the voters were "disabled," in most cases without the voters' knowledge or consent. The indictments claim this was done to increase the pool of ballots needed to swing the race in Brown's favor.

In recent months, Paxton, a Republican, has led the charge in quelling vote-by-mail opportunities that he believes violates state law, citing those ballots are "specifically reserved for those who are physically ill and cannot vote in-person as a result."

There is an ongoing court battle between Paxton and Harris County Clerk Chris Hollins involving the latter sending unsolicited vote-by-mail applications to more than two million registered voters.

"It is an unfortunate reality that elections can be stolen outright by mail ballot fraud. Election fraud, particularly an organized mail ballot fraud scheme orchestrated by political operatives, is an affront to democracy and results in voter disenfranchisement and corruption at the highest level," said Paxton. "Mail ballots are vulnerable to diversion, coercion, and influence by organized vote harvesting schemes. This case demonstrates my commitment to ensuring Texas has the most secure elections in the country, and I thank the Gregg County Sheriff and District Attorney for their continued partnership. Those who try to manipulate the outcome of elections in Texas must be held accountable."

The vote-by-mail issue has been prominently voiced by Pres. Trump, who went as far as admitting to blocking U.S. Postal Service funding to stop mail-in ballots.

Like Paxton, Trump claims the possibility of voter fraud. Democrats, however, contend voter suppression in the midst of the coronavirus pandemic. Back in May, the Texas Supreme Court ruled a fear of the virus is not a valid reason to request a mail-in ballot.
Weak fraud argument, oh no they voted by mail instead of in person. That's the extent of the fraud. You are grasping at straws

Top Bottom