Mail-in ballots

KillerGopherFan

Reaction score
This probably isn't a big deal. Signature matching technology isn't great. Plus, people don't have a consistent signature. If you don't exactly match up to what's on file, you could get rejected, which is stupid.

I'm assuming that's what is going on.
If a signature is significantly different, it should be rejected. If they have no requirement for signature verification, it is inviting fraudulent voting.

I would agree that if it is a requested absentee ballot, it is not as much of a risk. But if a state sends unsolicited ballots, signature matching is important to validate the vote.

And, some state actions are things that some posters here said wouldn’t happen, like mailing unsolicited ballots and dropping signature verification.

BTW, changing the rules after finding out which party voters are requesting more absentee ballots is completely unethical and should be illegal.

Last edited:

stocker08

Reaction score
"Blah blah blah blah blah." OUTRAGE!

Which candidate said that people should mail in their votes and then go and vote in person too?

I'll wait.

jamiche

Reaction score
Signatures change over time. Compare your signature to ten and twenty years ago and it's different. That's reality. There are also millions of people who have neurological disorders like Parkinson's Disease or Essential Tremor and their signature are different every time they sign something. That's also reality. Should they be disenfranchised?

Spoofin

Reaction score
Signatures change over time. Compare your signature to ten and twenty years ago and it's different. That's reality. There are also millions of people who have neurological disorders like Parkinson's Disease or Essential Tremor and their signature are different every time they sign something. That's also reality. Should they be disenfranchised?
You bring up some good points, however one has to wonder why they felt the need to publicize this. If I was cynical I would think it is advertising what you can get away with. Like when the DA in Portland publicly announced they wouldn’t be prosecuting most rioters. Why make an announcement like this?

howeda7

Reaction score
If a signature is significantly different, it should be rejected. If they have no requirement for signature verification, it is inviting fraudulent voting.

I would agree that if it is a requested absentee ballot, it is not as much of a risk. But if a state sends unsolicited ballots, signature matching is important to validate the vote.

And, some state actions are things that some posters here said wouldn’t happen, like mailing unsolicited ballots and dropping signature verification.

BTW, changing the rules after finding out which party voters are requesting more absentee ballots is completely unethical and should be illegal.
"Significantly different" as decided by the old white guy poll worker in the MAGA hat!

Ogee Oglethorpe

Over Macho Grande?
Reaction score
Strictly another hyper partisan issue. If the Don was pushing for mail-in voting, Howie/jtf and the idiots on Ignore would be fighting this to the death, tooth and nail.

Wally

Reaction score
Strictly another hyper partisan issue. If the Don was pushing for mail-in voting, Howie/jtf and the idiots on Ignore would be fighting this to the death, tooth and nail.
No they wouldn't, it's Republicans who want to make it difficult to vote. Quit spewing your bullshit.

saintpaulguy

Reaction score
Who at Ramsey County Elections has a copy of my signature, and who is comparing them, and how?

KillerGopherFan

Reaction score
Who at Ramsey County Elections has a copy of my signature, and who is comparing them, and how?
The same as they do when you go to vote in-person. Signatures are usually quite different.

In Illinois, they have your signature on file and it is printed on forms that they have at the voting precinct. You have to sign and they compare the two. If they look similar, as they should, you get to vote.

Wally

Reaction score
Nothing wrong with requested absentee ballots. I’ve ordered for myself, but they will be checking my signature.
Checking that it's there, that's it. It's really beyond the realm of realistic to think they can accurately judge it's authenticity. You probably believe the signature is verified on electronic credit card transactions too,lol, I used to let my 2 year old sign those for me.

KillerGopherFan

Reaction score
Checking that it's there, that's it. It's really beyond the realm of realistic to think they can accurately judge it's authenticity. You probably believe the signature is verified on electronic credit card transactions too,lol, I used to let my 2 year old sign those for me.
Wrong. My son had his signature denied when he sent in an absentee ballot while in college. His vote was not recorded b/c of it.

Top Bottom