Mad Dog new SECDEF

GoodasGold

Reaction score
Over 20 years time I saw the world change plenty. I also saw history repeat itself. Mattis is the best pick for today's world, unless you favor unending war. I do not believe that is your opinion.

SoS (Secretary of State not Sh!t on a Shingle) is a huge pick. War follows failed diplomacy. Always.
Agree. James "howlin' Smith Mattis is a fine pick as SOD. As to SOS, I've heard Rudy Giuliani is out of the picture. Apparently DT wants him directing matters at the Trump Towers headquarters in NYC; as such, he is currently being fitted for a cape, cap and whistle. My guess is David Petraeus gets the job. If not him, then perhaps Mitt Romney. Or maybe Arnold Schwartzenegger.

GoodasGold

Reaction score
Former CIA Director David Petraeus may no longer be in the running for SOS. Apparently, his meeting with Donald Trump was convened by the President-elect not to discuss cabinet posts, but to talk pussy in general and hear in more detail about Petraeus' affair with Paula Broadwell. My sources tell me The Donald was impressed when the General told him PB "liked it anal and often", but also felt (as do I) that a 60 year old 4-star general who still allows his dick to do his thinking is, well...a bit disappointing. Add to that, General Petraeus the thinker, and General Mattis the conjuror, have long been at odds and would be unable to work together.
Back to square one. Sarah Palin...Boris Johnson? Stay tuned!

howeda7

Reaction score
Former CIA Director David Petraeus may no longer be in the running for SOS. Apparently, his meeting with Donald Trump was convened by the President-elect not to discuss cabinet posts, but to talk pussy in general and hear in more detail about Petraeus' affair with Paula Broadwell. My sources tell me The Donald was impressed when the General told him PB "liked it anal and often", but also felt (as do I) that a 60 year old 4-star general who still allows his dick to do his thinking is, well...a bit disappointing. Add to that, General Petraeus the thinker, and General Mattis the conjuror, have long been at odds and would be unable to work together.
Are you a member of the Cauldron Crew?

Ignatius L Hoops

Reaction score
http://www.defensenews.com/articles/sources-mattis-ricardel-clashed-over-pentagon-appointees

Conflict in the empty halls of the Defense Department:

Two months into the Trump administration, the top jobs at the U.S. Department of Defense remain largely empty.

But supporters of Secretary of Defense Jim Mattis are quietly expressing hope that a top Trump aide whom they see as a roadblock for nominees will soon move on to a new role, which could speed up the nominee process nearly two months after Mattis took office.

Sources who support Mattis have grown increasingly vocal about frustrations with Mira Ricardel, a top defense voice on the Trump campaign who also served as a part of the defense transition team for the administration. Ricardel is positioned at the Office of Presidential Personnel and has been a vital part of the nominee review process, including conducting personal interviews with perspective nominees.

A number of sources, including one inside the administration, said Mattis and Ricardel have directly clashed over nominees. Two of those sources speculated that Ricardel had hoped for a Pentagon position when the transition ended, perhaps as the undersecretary of defense for policy.

But where supporters of Mattis see Ricardel as a roadblock to progress, those on the Trump team view her as a loyal soldier who is looking out for the interests of the President.

“She’s extremely well respected and liked at the White House,” one administration source said. “The White House thinks she’s done great work in a difficult situation."...

...Sources from the Pentagon say that the move comes after a major clash with Mattis, with one source familiar with the discussions going so far as to say that “Mattis told the White House either Mira goes, or he walks. They blinked.”...

...Since President Donald Trump took office, there have been reports that Mattis has clashed with the White House team over appointees. Those who back Mattis, the only Senate-confirmed appointee at DoD, have put the blame squarely on the White House, saying the Trump team is blocking qualified nominees out of a political ideological test.

Those inside the White House, meanwhile, point out that the president has the right to pick people who share his worldview in top spots of his administration — and see no reason why they should give jobs to individuals who slammed the president over the course of the long 2016 election.

The most recent name put forth from Mattis, only to be rejected by the White House, was Anne Patterson, a retired diplomat Mattis was eyeing for undersecretary of defense for policy. Mattis reportedly is open to having individuals who signed a summer letter pledging “Never Trump” to join his team, something Trump loyalists have refused to budge on.

bga1

Reaction score
http://www.defensenews.com/articles/sources-mattis-ricardel-clashed-over-pentagon-appointees

Conflict in the empty halls of the Defense Department:

Two months into the Trump administration, the top jobs at the U.S. Department of Defense remain largely empty.

But supporters of Secretary of Defense Jim Mattis are quietly expressing hope that a top Trump aide whom they see as a roadblock for nominees will soon move on to a new role, which could speed up the nominee process nearly two months after Mattis took office.

Sources who support Mattis have grown increasingly vocal about frustrations with Mira Ricardel, a top defense voice on the Trump campaign who also served as a part of the defense transition team for the administration. Ricardel is positioned at the Office of Presidential Personnel and has been a vital part of the nominee review process, including conducting personal interviews with perspective nominees.

A number of sources, including one inside the administration, said Mattis and Ricardel have directly clashed over nominees. Two of those sources speculated that Ricardel had hoped for a Pentagon position when the transition ended, perhaps as the undersecretary of defense for policy.

But where supporters of Mattis see Ricardel as a roadblock to progress, those on the Trump team view her as a loyal soldier who is looking out for the interests of the President.

“She’s extremely well respected and liked at the White House,” one administration source said. “The White House thinks she’s done great work in a difficult situation."...

...Sources from the Pentagon say that the move comes after a major clash with Mattis, with one source familiar with the discussions going so far as to say that “Mattis told the White House either Mira goes, or he walks. They blinked.”...

...Since President Donald Trump took office, there have been reports that Mattis has clashed with the White House team over appointees. Those who back Mattis, the only Senate-confirmed appointee at DoD, have put the blame squarely on the White House, saying the Trump team is blocking qualified nominees out of a political ideological test.

Those inside the White House, meanwhile, point out that the president has the right to pick people who share his worldview in top spots of his administration — and see no reason why they should give jobs to individuals who slammed the president over the course of the long 2016 election.

The most recent name put forth from Mattis, only to be rejected by the White House, was Anne Patterson, a retired diplomat Mattis was eyeing for undersecretary of defense for policy. Mattis reportedly is open to having individuals who signed a summer letter pledging “Never Trump” to join his team, something Trump loyalists have refused to budge on.
I Whoops- I am going to guess that there have always been differences of opinion over lots of things, including personnel selection, in every single administration. Only now has it become important because....you hate Trump.

Costa Rican Gopher

Mind of a Scientist
Reaction score
I Whoops- I am going to guess that there have always been differences of opinion over lots of things, including personnel selection, in every single administration. Only now has it become important because....you hate Trump.
Another nothing-burger.

Ignatius L Hoops

Reaction score
Whistle on. Today's Trump budget release provided another reason for concern; diplomacy through weaponry. This is something James Mattis recognized and commented on a few years ago.

bga1

Reaction score
Whistle on. Today's Trump budget release provided another reason for concern; diplomacy through weaponry. This is something James Mattis recognized and commented on a few years ago.
Peace through strength is what Trump is going for. Didn't things go great with "soft power"! Man that cleaned everything up! I love what I hear about the budget. Big cuts in the wasteful agencies- state and epa- saving 20 billion between the two. Excellent.

DougMN

Reaction score
I actually think they will waive it and confirm. How sad is it when someone named 'Mad Dog' might be the most level headed person in Trump's Administration?

DougMN

Reaction score
This infers that Donald Trump- who is 70- does not do his thinking with his d*ck. I think you are severly underestimating him- I'm pretty sure Donald would chalk that one up in the 'Pros' column for Petraeus.

GoodasGold

Reaction score
This infers that Donald Trump- who is 70- does not do his thinking with his d*ck. I think you are severly underestimating him- I'm pretty sure Donald would chalk that one up in the 'Pros' column for Petraeus.
This is an interesting observation. Just the other day, my current girlfriend and I were having a conversation about the President. She made the comment, "what in the hell was he thinking?" in response to these pictures when perhaps she may have meant "with what was he using to do his thinking?".
IMG_0205.jpg IMG_0206.jpg
IMG_0202.JPG IMG_0204.jpg
She has a nine year-old daughter who, if my math is correct, will be a teenager in about 4 years, and she felt these pictures "a bit unsettling". I disagreed, and said they were artistically composed and "kind of cute", and hoped she had no objections to daughter performing a lap dance when she was a little older. I can't recall exactly her response as a door was slamming at the time. Maybe something about "luck (Good) to you!".:confused:

Attachments

justthefacts

Reaction score
<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

bga1

Reaction score
"Sort of a Democrat" The funny thing is- so was Trump in some areas and he would have made a lot of deals with Dems. But the Dems drove him away by trying to oust him from office.

bottlebass

Main Member
Reaction score
"Sort of a Democrat" The funny thing is- so was Trump in some areas and he would have made a lot of deals with Dems. But the Dems drove him away by trying to oust him from office.
They have? I missed all the impeachment votes.

justthefacts

Reaction score
Good Lord, how dumb. Mattis is a phenomenal choice. After he retired, on his own accord he traveled around the country and met with the Gold Star parents of soldiers that died under his command. The guy is an American hero.

Stop being so divisive. Trumpster wants us to come together to make America great again!

Top Bottom