Loony Leftist Policy Destroying Minneapolis

tikited

Me
Reaction score
Here’s a genius idea every Democrat should be proud of.
Just when you think some of the Dem leaders can't get any dumber...

This is just like when my Council member told us that carjackings are just an inconvenience. Then he accepted private security because the threats were more than an inconvenience for him.

Section2

Reaction score
Just when you think some of the Dem leaders can't get any dumber...

This is just like when my Council member told us that carjackings are just an inconvenience. Then he accepted private security because the threats were more than an inconvenience for him.
I bet Jake was all over him on next door.

Livingat45north

Reaction score
Here’s a genius idea every Democrat should be proud of.
"Thieves only carry guns for self-protection..." -- so she's supporting the idea of "thieves" carry guns for "self-protection", and because they have guns then homeowners can't have guns for self-protection. Yet another brilliant idea from the libs...

From the Parkinglot

Reaction score

this is in Seattle but it’s still crazy. The best part is the head of the budget wants to include it as part of the budget so there is no public discussion. She must be really proud of this bill to slide it into the budget, an item council people will have a difficult time voting no one.

If approved, the ordinance would excuse and dismiss -- essentially legalizing -- almost all misdemeanor crimes committed in Seattle by offenders who could show either:

• Symptoms of addiction without being required to provide a medical diagnosis;
  • Symptoms of a mental disorder; or
  • Poverty and the crime was committed to meet an "immediate and basic need." For example, if a defendant argued they stole merchandise to sell for cash in order to purchase food, clothes or was trying to scrape together enough money for rent. The accused could not be convicted.

LakevilleBro

Reaction score
I actually think that most smart business people are employed in the private sector, and the dumb people that could not get an actual business job, end up going into politics. For example, AOC has an economics degree and she has no idea how business's are operated.

Section2

Reaction score
I actually think that most smart business people are employed in the private sector, and the dumb people that could not get an actual business job, end up going into politics. For example, AOC has an economics degree and she has no idea how business's are operated.
An economics degree is almost worthless. I have one so I know. Every valuable thing I know about economics I learned on my own or thru work. Further proof of the low value of an Econ degree is that the only job AOC could get was “bartender”.

MplsGopher

Reaction score
WEIRD ...

A few days after Mpls mayor signs funding bill, making sure PD isn't radically reduced funding, we get this:

https://www.startribune.com/minneap...vity-combating-rash-of-carjackings/573401901/

To combat a rash of recent violent carjackings, Minneapolis Police Chief Medaria Arradondo said his department teamed up with the Hennepin County Sheriff's Office and Minnesota State Patrol in using helicopter surveillance to make more than 40 arrests.

The three-day crackdown last week resulted in 41 felony arrests and the recovery of seven stolen vehicles and five guns, Arradondo said at a Tuesday evening news conference inside City Hall while flanked by Sheriff David Hutchinson.

"We're teaming up to make sure people can live their lives and not get their car stolen in broad daylight by a few bad actors," Hutchinson said.

Arradondo said the helicopter hovering over Minneapolis last Wednesday, Thursday and Friday was noticed by many residents and that he wanted to provide an update that it was an intentional strategy and may be used again.

NOPE. There wasn't any kind of organized effort to go "lighter" on violent crime in Mpls, in order to incite terror in the population and demand police action thus prompting funding.

Nope. None. Nada. Zip. Zilch. Nunca. Didn't happen.

Livingat45north

Reaction score
Gee, does this mean the business owners won't be using all that insurance money they collected to rebuild in MPLS? But we were told they would rebuild, everything would be fine...

'It looks like a war zone:' Minneapolis developers shy away from city projects after unrest and calls to 'defund the police'

Developers have long had challenges navigating the aggressively liberal agenda of the Minneapolis City Council, but for some, the move to cut police funding was the last straw. Since violent unrest broke out over the summer, local developer Kelly Doran said he estimates around 10% to 20% vacancies in downtown apartment buildings that had just 2% to 3% vacancies in the last five years. Newer, modern buildings in the downtown area are also at 20% vacancy rates.

As the city grapples with rising crime rates, along with droves of police retirements, and a council vote to reimagine parts of traditional public safety, Doran believes a full economic recovery for Minneapolis will be slow. "They don’t seem to care," Doran said of the council. "I don’t know why anybody would seriously consider investing in the city."

Wally

Reaction score
I just went and got takeout from Lake St and Bloomington Ave. It was hustling and bustling around there, seems to be bouncing back pretty well. Didn't seem destroyed...

Spoofin

Reaction score
I just went and got takeout from Lake St and Bloomington Ave. It was hustling and bustling around there, seems to be bouncing back pretty well. Didn't seem destroyed...
Downplaying violent riots is such a good look.

Livingat45north

Reaction score
Spoof will still be trying to fake "wins" with this line in 2027, with not a single riot happening since May 2020. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
Our village idiot posts again, and again, and again. Guess this riot was just another peaceful protest, besides, it only happens 7% of the time, they're only taking what is their's, reparations, and insurance will pay for it.

Crowds Riot and Loot Minneapolis Target Store After Man Shoots Himself
August 27, 2020

Looters raided a Target store in downtown Minneapolis on August 26 after news broke of a man’s death in the city.

Wally

Reaction score
How was his comment downplaying riots?
Guess if I say anything other than mpls is destroyed its downplaying riots...

In Spoofs world, its bad that Lake Street is bouncing back.

Glad I don't live in Spoofs world.

Spoofin

Reaction score
Guess if I say anything other than mpls is destroyed its downplaying riots...

In Spoofs world, its bad that Lake Street is bouncing back.

Glad I don't live in Spoofs world.
"Doesn't seem destroyed......" Just a general observation, huh?

The bolded is just nonsense. I'm not the one that downplayed the rioting Wally.

Spoofin

Reaction score
Bouncing Back Indeed....

Homicides in Minneapolis are up 50 percent, with nearly 75 people killed across the city so far this year. More than 500 people have been shot, the highest number in more than a decade and twice as many as in 2019. And there have been more than 4,600 violent crimes — including hundreds of carjackings and robberies — a five-year high.

MennoSota

Reaction score
Lots of outdoor dining space...

Wally

Reaction score
Lots of outdoor dining space...
Good one...👍

Actually I was surprised how good the area looked. It was dark tho.

Most of the righties on here would probably be to scared to get out of their car in that hood.😎

Wally

Reaction score
Bouncing Back Indeed....

Homicides in Minneapolis are up 50 percent, with nearly 75 people killed across the city so far this year. More than 500 people have been shot, the highest number in more than a decade and twice as many as in 2019. And there have been more than 4,600 violent crimes — including hundreds of carjackings and robberies — a five-year high.
The world is ending, lock your doors and keep your women and children in the basement.
🙄

For me supporting the neighborhood and keeping it vibrant is what I can do to help the problems you describe. You cry on here..

Spoofin

Reaction score
The world is ending, lock your doors and keep your women and children in the basement.
🙄

For me supporting the neighborhood and keeping it vibrant is what I can do to help the problems you describe. You cry on here..
You sure can be a wacko.
Me caring about and getting on you for downplaying what happened in MN is “crying”.

MennoSota

Reaction score
Good one...👍

Most of the righties on here would probably be to scared to get out of their car in that hood.😎
Meh, I lived and worked in East Phillips/Seward for half a decade. Just be smart and move with a purpose.

Wally

Reaction score
Meh, I lived and worked in East Phillips/Seward for half a decade. Just be smart and move with a purpose.
One time I was working late at night outside by 24th and Portland, the gunshots and police helicopter circling made me work faster...not exaggerating...
😎

Wally

Reaction score
You sure can be a wacko.
Me caring about and getting on you for downplaying what happened in MN is “crying”.
Downplaying it?
Whatever your making assumptions.
Do you really think all the crime increase is because of what happened last spring?

jovs

Reaction score
Good one...👍

The destruction was concentrated in such small areas that unless you go to those specific areas you won't notice it, I mean two blocks south of the 3rd precinct on Minnehaha and you wouldn't know anything happened.

Minneapolis is still thriving, housing prices are up and really haven't dropped due to the riots, I don't think many that live in the far burbs really have that much of an idea on lifestyle and culture of the living in the cities. The only thing that would concern me now is the carjackings, that has to get under control.

With that said I live in the far burbs, with covid I don't get in the city much, still love east lake street, many of the old haunts in the Longfellow area are still around. As we transition back to normalcy in the next year I sure won't hesitate to go back to the places I have enjoyed over the years

minehaha

Plausible Deniability

Coffee is for closers
Reaction score
The destruction was concentrated in such small areas that unless you go to those specific areas you won't notice it, I mean two blocks south of the 3rd precinct on Minnehaha and you wouldn't know anything happened.

Minneapolis is still thriving, housing prices are up and really haven't dropped due to the riots, I don't think many that live in the far burbs really have that much of an idea on lifestyle and culture of the living in the cities. The only thing that would concern me now is the carjackings, that has to get under control.

With that said I live in the far burbs, with covid I don't get in the city much, still love east lake street, many of the old haunts in the Longfellow area are still around. As we transition back to normalcy in the next year I sure won't hesitate to go back to the places I have enjoyed over the years

minehaha
Hahahahahahahahah!!

MplsGopher

Reaction score

Very well said, and correct.

Re: carjackings -- now that the MPD knows it won't be "defunded", it suddenly got back to work. Major raid. Also note the piece recently about the psycho (white) guy who carjacked five in a row last week (I think), including firing rounds at a car that sped away, well they caught him and he'll be spending the rest of his life in prison. Good. Hope he has a terrible rest of his life. Human scum.

Top Bottom