Loony Leftist Policy Destroying Minneapolis

stocker08

Reaction score
Ilhan Omar Refutes Obama: Defund the Police Is ‘Not a Slogan but a Policy Demand’

Omar’s fellow “Squad” members have also publicly called to defund the police. Last summer, Reps. Rashida Tlaib (D-MI) and Ayanna Pressley (D-MA) partnered with the coalition Movement for Black Lives to push the “Breathe Act,” which aims to defund police, abolish ICE, and establish a commission to design reparations, among other goals.
Ilhan Omar is a moron....and should have been replaced by Antone Melton-Meaux.

Livingat45north

Reaction score
Wouldn't be a shortage of officers if they didn't all go full blizzard SNOWFLAKE and quit their jobs claiming PTSD from "having to" (getting to) shoot kids in the face with ammunitions designed not to be used in such ways.
Congrats on going full cycle = Deny, Downplay, Blame. Got it, the blame resides all on the police officers. Thanks for clearing that up for us.

bga1

Reaction score
Wouldn't be a shortage of officers if they didn't all go full blizzard SNOWFLAKE and quit their jobs claiming PTSD from "having to" (getting to) shoot kids in the face with ammunitions designed not to be used in such ways.
"Defund the police"
"F12"

Yep, it's almost like you got what you wished for. Really, really stupid. That's who you are.

WhoFellDownTheGopherHole?

Reaction score
Wow. Blaming the police and not the elected officials. Just, wow.
LoL. Nice try. I haven't blamed anyone for the violence, i haven't even commented on it. That, there is plenty of blame to get spread around for. The only thing i am blaming is fraud cops for the 'shortage of officers' that is mentioned in the Tweet that was cited. FACT.

Reaction score
Whats ironic is how many of the cops and would-be-cops will become obvious outright delinquents once they become more regulated and held to any kind of actual standard. The only difference between 75% of cops right now and most "criminals" is a tiny metal badge.

Spoofin

Reaction score
LoL. Nice try. I haven't blamed anyone for the violence, i haven't even commented on it. That, there is plenty of blame to get spread around for. The only thing i am blaming is fraud cops for the 'shortage of officers' that is mentioned in the Tweet that was cited. FACT.
Is that a joke? You called them "snowflakes" and implied they want to shoot kids in the face.

Then you said that 75% of cops are no different than criminals.
Whats ironic is how many of the cops and would-be-cops will become obvious outright delinquents once they become more regulated and held to any kind of actual standard. The only difference between 75% of cops right now and most "criminals" is a tiny metal badge.
Sure, you aren't blaming anyone.

golfing18now

Reaction score
Do you really believe this? Do you consider anything "criminal" behavior at this point?

Wally

Reaction score
I know one who said the reason he became a cop is because he was sick of being arrested.

Wally

Reaction score
Why do some insist on making excuses for this?

I have no sympathy for carjackers, rapists, murderers, assaulters, etc. etc. Six months ago that would have been a majority opinion. Now the cops are the problem? Just bizarre to me.
I don't think anyone has sympathy for violent criminals. I wish every carjacker would get blown away by a CC holder.

LesBolstad

Reaction score
Haha, I go back and forth on who's the biggest dunce on these boards...right now it's you.
What a jackass.

John Galt

Reaction score
When will the Democrats start including reparations in their party platform? It looks like it’s becoming an important issue, maybe Amy takes it up soon.

Pompous Elitist

Reaction score
Apologies for the delay. Work has been a bear and this deserved a thoughtful answer, not a drive by.

The entire Minneapolis City Council stands for election next November. For reasons, this is for a two year term, followed by another two year term election in 2023, followed by an election for a 4 year term in 2025. Mayoral elections take place in 2021 and 2025. Notably, Lisa "Defund" Bender has opted not to stand for election next year.

All this said, I see a great opportunity to flip the city council to less idealistic, PC/equity blinded, more pragmatic actors in the next 4 years. They are all under scrutiny and will face challengers next year. Whoever is elected will need to "produce" or stand challenged election again in two years and in another two years after that. Good chances all around to flip the council to be more productive and pragmatic. We know they will be left-leaning, but people are tired of crime, homeless people living in parks and other nonsense.

I have lived in Minneapolis for a very long time and won't give up easily, to more directly answer your question. I am a fighter and believe in my neighbors and community. I love the natural resources of the city, the vitality, the diversity, the access to things I am interested in and my modest home in a fantastic location - I can walk to almost anything you need - very close by. If I have to lock my doors to wait out this BS, but come out on the other side with what I have had for the previous couple dozen years, I will happily be part of the solution. It's why I put my kids in public school and why I engage in the community, Section2's asininities notwithstanding. I am left leaning, so have a lot in common with the general tenor of the engaged citizens. But I am not at all afraid to voice my opinion when I disagree. That is what builds a strong city. Not running for the suburbs (where I grew up). I honestly can't imagine being surrounded by the likes of ShillGA and FacePlantRG, waving Trump flags and fencing in their yards to keep the outside world out.

Also, I do think some of this will be sorted out if we can get out from under the pandemic and get downtown and schools open for business.

Thanks for the question.
Have you been to San Francisco recently? Los Angeles? There is no escape from the progressive circular firing squad.

oak_street1981

Reaction score

I have no sympathy for carjackers, rapists, murderers, assaulters, etc. etc. Six months ago that would have been a majority opinion. Now the cops are the problem? Just bizarre to me.
Furthermore, more often than not, the so called victims of the police shootings have very long, violent criminal histories, including some that are still under 18.

Yet the left is still citing Michael Brown in Ferguson MO as some sort of victim of police violence, or citing Jamar Clark, a career felon, with his DNA on a MPD officer's weapon as the poster child for the cause.

They actually had a a march on Rice Street in St. Paul this week, for a career criminal, who sexually assaulted a woman on live social Media over the weekend. A SPPD officer shot him when the perp became aggressive when being apprehended. (did not die, so he can still turn his life around). Then the City of St. Paul fired the officer.

I hope the SPPD officers on the street have a great Union to back them up like the MPD officers do thanks to Bob Kroll, because the Council and Mayor are out to get them and appease the BLM/Antifa mob.

Last edited:

Reaction score

I have no sympathy for those people either. You just like to imagine that because I understand that many police are also corrupt, it means I support lawlessness. Quite contrary. I just want police held to the same standards at citizens. Kinda like how i want the President subject to those standards also. Imagine that. I'm pretty sure that's what a majority of people want.

Why are you so terrified of accountability?

Get outta here with projecting the desires of wonton violence on people who disagree with police brutality. 9 chances outta 10 that i actively intervene to assist someone being assaulted more than you ever do. You don't care about crime anyway until it affects you.

From the Parkinglot

Reaction score
I have no sympathy for those people either. You just like to imagine that because I understand that many police are also corrupt, it means I support lawlessness. Quite contrary. I just want police held to the same standards at citizens. Kinda like how i want the President subject to those standards also. Imagine that. I'm pretty sure that's what a majority of people want.

Why are you so terrified of accountability?

Get outta here with projecting the desires of wonton violence on people who disagree with police brutality. 9 chances outta 10 that i actively intervene to assist someone being assaulted more than you ever do. You don't care about crime anyway until it affects you.
Minneapolis and St. Paul have been Democratic controlled for decades by both the mayor and the city council. They are the one negotiating the police contract with the city so they are the ones to blame for not having any teeth in employee malpractice.

John Galt

Reaction score
Minneapolis and St. Paul have been Democratic controlled for decades by both the mayor and the city council. They are the one negotiating the police contract with the city so they are the ones to blame for not having any teeth in employee malpractice.
Ouch

stocker08

Reaction score
When will the Democrats start including reparations in their party platform? It looks like it’s becoming an important issue, maybe Amy takes it up soon.
When are the repubs going to start a mass charity drive so that they can fund psychiatric help for their meltdown Trumpers?

stocker08

Reaction score
Don't see democrats rushing out to support cops murdering citizens (especially when those citizens are minorities). No....that's the repubs.

Reaction score
Even if it is a cop being assaulted? You know 75% of them are criminals with a badge.
Yes, I've assisted police on numerous occasions when things weren't going their way, as have they with me and my teams when things haven't gone our way. I, in fact, have a very nice thank you letter from the Minneapolis PD somewhere in my desk at work. :) I have friends who are cops, i have friends who have been criminals. Unlike you, i realize that even the people i don't like or disagree with, are still people too, and have rights as citizens and moreover, as human beings.

But nice try with your little joke there.

Spoofin

Reaction score
Yes, I've assisted police on numerous occasions when things weren't going their way, as have they with me and my teams when things haven't gone our way. I, in fact, have a very nice thank you letter from the Minneapolis PD somewhere in my desk at work. :) I have friends who are cops, i have friends who have been criminals. Unlike you, i realize that even the people i don't like or disagree with, are still people too, and have rights as citizens and moreover, as human beings.

But nice try with your little joke there.
:rolleyes:

Top Bottom