Loony Leftist Policy Destroying Minneapolis

MplsGopher

Reaction score
https://www.startribune.com/we-the-people-must-take-back-the-streets-of-our-city/573256151/

What can be done? We could blame the City Council for their efforts to defund police. We could blame our police chief for allowing officer numbers and morale to decline. We could blame the system for not prosecuting juvenile offenders.

Blame may be appropriate. But it will not make us safer in the short term. I propose that we ordinary citizens take action to take back our city.

But how?

We could arm ourselves, or at least carry mace or bear spray. But those weapons could be used against us.

We could hire a personal bodyguard to accompany us on our errands. But this is impractical unless you are on the City Council.

As noted in the Nov. 27 article, some muggings occur very rapidly, such that there are no witnesses. That makes apprehension and prosecution unlikely.

What is my call to action?

Be vigilant: If exposed in a parking lot or on the street, be aware of your surroundings, alert for potential threats. If you have a panic button on your car keys and you are near your car, keep your finger on the button, and if you have the slightest concern for your safety, push the button. Worst case scenario: You turn it off quickly and look befuddled. Better alert and befuddled than oblivious and a victim.

If your concern is greater than slight, use a loud personal alarm to draw attention to yourself, create witnesses and discourage or end an assault.

One such device is the Safesound personal alarm. It looks like an egg with a “grenade pin” which is attached to a wrist band. When the pin is pulled it emits a loud siren. It can only be turned off by reinserting the pin. If you attach your siren to your purse, thieves will drop a stolen purse like a hot potato.

Or, you could carry an air horn or fog horn designed for boaters. It is small, will fit in a pocket or purse and also puts out a loud alarm.

Alarm devices of this kind could make excellent gifts for friends or family.

We need to look out for each other, as well as ourselves. If you are not the potential victim, but see a crime in progress, you should keep a safe distance, sound your alarm and point in the direction of the event when people look your way. As soon as possible call 911 and report a crime in progress. The police can only do so much.

We also need to teach potential criminals that their actions will not go unnoticed and unpunished. To send that message I propose that on the first Wednesday of every month, 10 seconds after the severe weather sirens are tested at 1 p.m., we citizens should test our horns/sirens with a short blast outdoors (hearing protection advised). The idea is to make sure the devices work, to become familiar with the noise so as to be less reluctant to use it, and to announce to criminals and neighbors that we have a plan.

No doubt conservative posters will scoff. But no matter what, we can't expect, nor is it even reasonable or feasible, to expect every person carry a gun and risk their life to shoot back at armed robbers. Even granny's? Those are some of the main victims, because (sadly) they post the least risk.

Until we get robotic police officers on every single block, there is nothing practical that can be done to prevent the occurrences.

We can only hope to catch after the fact and make an example out of them to deter.

Just stealing property, when the person isn't there, is one thing. But using violence on the victim to forcibly take it away from them, right there? That's a half step below physically attacking a person's body, for me. I don't give a single, solitary F about putting a 12 year old in prison for 25-30 years. Don't care about the situation (cultural/socio-economic) that caused that young person to be put in the position to have to make that choice. You still have to make a choice to do violence. You lose any and all sympathy from me, once you make that choice.

tikited

Me
Reaction score
https://www.startribune.com/we-the-people-must-take-back-the-streets-of-our-city/573256151/

What can be done? We could blame the City Council for their efforts to defund police. We could blame our police chief for allowing officer numbers and morale to decline. We could blame the system for not prosecuting juvenile offenders.

Blame may be appropriate. But it will not make us safer in the short term. I propose that we ordinary citizens take action to take back our city.

But how?

We could arm ourselves, or at least carry mace or bear spray. But those weapons could be used against us.

We could hire a personal bodyguard to accompany us on our errands. But this is impractical unless you are on the City Council.

As noted in the Nov. 27 article, some muggings occur very rapidly, such that there are no witnesses. That makes apprehension and prosecution unlikely.

Be vigilant: If exposed in a parking lot or on the street, be aware of your surroundings, alert for potential threats. If you have a panic button on your car keys and you are near your car, keep your finger on the button, and if you have the slightest concern for your safety, push the button. Worst case scenario: You turn it off quickly and look befuddled. Better alert and befuddled than oblivious and a victim.

If your concern is greater than slight, use a loud personal alarm to draw attention to yourself, create witnesses and discourage or end an assault.

One such device is the Safesound personal alarm. It looks like an egg with a “grenade pin” which is attached to a wrist band. When the pin is pulled it emits a loud siren. It can only be turned off by reinserting the pin. If you attach your siren to your purse, thieves will drop a stolen purse like a hot potato.

Or, you could carry an air horn or fog horn designed for boaters. It is small, will fit in a pocket or purse and also puts out a loud alarm.

We need to look out for each other, as well as ourselves. If you are not the potential victim, but see a crime in progress, you should keep a safe distance, sound your alarm and point in the direction of the event when people look your way. As soon as possible call 911 and report a crime in progress. The police can only do so much.

We also need to teach potential criminals that their actions will not go unnoticed and unpunished. To send that message I propose that on the first Wednesday of every month, 10 seconds after the severe weather sirens are tested at 1 p.m., we citizens should test our horns/sirens with a short blast outdoors (hearing protection advised). The idea is to make sure the devices work, to become familiar with the noise so as to be less reluctant to use it, and to announce to criminals and neighbors that we have a plan.

No doubt conservative posters will scoff. But no matter what, we can't expect, nor is it even reasonable or feasible, to expect every person carry a gun and risk their life to shoot back at armed robbers. Even granny's? Those are some of the main victims, because (sadly) they post the least risk.

Until we get robotic police officers on every single block, there is nothing practical that can be done to prevent the occurrences.

We can only hope to catch after the fact and make an example out of them to deter.

Just stealing property, when the person isn't there, is one thing. But using violence on the victim to forcibly take it away from them, right there? That's a half step below physically attacking a person's body, for me. I don't give a single, solitary F about putting a 12 year old in prison for 25-30 years. Don't care about the situation (cultural/socio-economic) that caused that young person to be put in the position to have to make that choice. You still have to make a choice to do violence. You lose any and all sympathy from me, once you make that choice.
Jail has always been the consequence for criminals but that isn't the case anymore as catch and release is the norm now.

Wally

Reaction score
Jail has always been the consequence for criminals but that isn't the case anymore as catch and release is the norm now.
why do we have way more of our population in jail than any other country?
If prison worked we should have the least crime in the world.

tikited

Me
Reaction score
why do we have way more of our population in jail than any other country?
If prison worked we should have the least crime in the world.
What should we do with people who violently attack others?

Wally

Reaction score
Incarcerate and rehabilitate. One piece of the equation is missing and its costing us a fortune.
Are all the people in jail violent criminals?

tikited

Me
Reaction score
Incarcerate and rehabilitate. One piece of the equation is missing and its costing us a fortune.
So put them in jail.

Right now...arrest and release. The new liberal way.

Wally

Reaction score
So put them in jail.

Right now...arrest and release. The new liberal way.
Please show me where they arrest and release a car jacker, thats what your implying. Prove it.

PeoplesFront

Reaction score

But how?

Sensible post. However, in the hypothetical situation where a white granny successfully defended herself against a black teen wanting to steal her car would most certainly be spun by MSM as an old white lady out for blood.

GoodasGold

Reaction score

But how?

...if shot, lie down quickly but DO NOT EXPIRE. If your phone is in reach, dial 911. If your phone has been stolen ask thief to call for medical assistance prior to selling phone on street. Always have a plan and be prepared. Good luck!😁👌

GoodasGold

Reaction score
Sensible post. However, in the hypothetical situation where a white granny successfully defended herself against a black teen wanting to steal her car would most certainly be spun by MSM as an old white lady out for blood.
There is a saying: don’t fuck with a senior citizen, they may just shoot you. For them a sentence of life in prison doesn’t carry the weight it once did.

Wally

Reaction score
Of course. This is the MSP that the people have voted for and is what they want. Nobody should be surprised, least not the Dems that voted for exactly what they are getting.
The people don't want an unaccountable thug police force and to you that means they want car jackings, yea ok....

Bruno22

Reaction score
Let them out on bail like Rittenhouse!
Make it a game of who has the best legal magic in the court room!
Make about who has connections to the bench and local political scene!

It is really sad how your knowledge of the justice is so inadequate.

tikited

Me
Reaction score
Let them out on bail like Rittenhouse!
Make it a game of who has the best legal magic in the court room!
Make about who has connections to the bench and local political scene!

It is really sad how your knowledge of the justice is so inadequate.
You use Rittenhouse for your example when there are dozens of examples from your favorite group, The Minnesota Freedom Fund, doing the same thing. Great job Bruno.

MplsGopher

Reaction score
I can only possibly assume this is true when talking about 12-14 year olds.

If it's violence, IDGAF. People will say things like "it's the gang leaders who are forcing these kids to do these things". That may well be true and a valid discussion. But until there are real, tangible, harsh repercussions for doing violence, they'll do it. They won't have anything to give them pause, when they get their orders from the top to steal 10 Subaru's this month, etc.

MplsGopher

Reaction score
1000%

End the fake war on drugs, focus on violence.

Oops, that takes big money out of the police-prison industrial complex.

MplsGopher

Reaction score
The sharp line for me is using violence against a person.

Property is just stuff. It can be replaced. It can be rebuilt. It's just some insurance company's money.

If you came out to see someone trying to steal your car, and they started running away from you, and you shot them in the back. Then yeah, you're at fault.

Someone comes up to you while you're in your car, or about to get in it, points a gun in your face or punches you in the face and says give me your keys .... F em. I hope they get shot. I hope they go to prison.

Livingat45north

Reaction score
Minneapolis — home of the 'defund the police' movement — just saw a 'staggering' 537% rise in violent carjackings

And the crime problem in Minneapolis is more than just carjackings. Violent crime, especially shootings, is way up. From the Star Tribune:
The spree comes amid a nearly unprecedented spike in violent crime, particularly shootings, since the May 25 killing of George Floyd in police custody and the civil unrest that followed.

In November, the toll of people shot this year surpassed 500 in Minneapolis, the most in 15 years. Seventy-nine homicides is the highest count since the mid-1990s, an era when the city earned the grim moniker “Murderapolis.
"
Still, the city council — which has been forced to outsource its police work — is determined to continue its push to defund the police even further. Several members of the council introduced a plan Friday that would institute additional cuts to the Minneapolis Police Department and make the city's reduction in law enforcement permanent. The plan would cut about $8 million from the police budget and shrink the MPD force by 15%.

Livingat45north

Reaction score

Livingat45north

Reaction score
The sharp line for me is using violence against a person.

Property is just stuff. It can be replaced. It can be rebuilt. It's just some insurance company's money.

If you came out to see someone trying to steal your car, and they started running away from you, and you shot them in the back. Then yeah, you're at fault.

Someone comes up to you while you're in your car, or about to get in it, points a gun in your face or punches you in the face and says give me your keys .... F em. I hope they get shot. I hope they go to prison.
Liberal Logic.,.
  • First line of post: Don't use violence against people.
  • Last line of post: F em. I hope people get shot.
Of course this is coming from someone that's said s/he in favor of killing someone because they have conservative views...

MplsGopher

Reaction score
Lyingat45: "it's wrong of Police or anyone to point a gun at or shoot at a person who points a gun at my wife and demands her purse. Sorry dear, I'd rather you get robbed. Hopefully he punches you too, for your trouble."

MplsGopher

Reaction score
When Sack is against you ... you know you've gone too far and most people do not support you.

MplsGopher

Reaction score
Barack Obama chastised Democratic political candidates for using “snappy” slogans like “defund the police” that he argued could turn voters away, in an interview released this week.

“You lost a big audience the minute you say it, which makes it a lot less likely that you’re actually going to get the changes you want done,” the former president told show host Peter Hamby in an interview with Good Luck America, a Snapchat political show.

“The key is deciding, do you want to actually get something done, or do you want to feel good among the people you already agree with?” Obama added.

Spoofin

Reaction score
Minneapolis — home of the 'defund the police' movement — just saw a 'staggering' 537% rise in violent carjackings

And the crime problem in Minneapolis is more than just carjackings. Violent crime, especially shootings, is way up. From the Star Tribune:

Still, the city council — which has been forced to outsource its police work — is determined to continue its push to defund the police even further. Several members of the council introduced a plan Friday that would institute additional cuts to the Minneapolis Police Department and make the city's reduction in law enforcement permanent. The plan would cut about $8 million from the police budget and shrink the MPD force by 15%.
Cars are just property. Property can be replaced.

Top Bottom