Loony Leftist Policy Destroying Minneapolis

Plausible Deniability

Coffee is for closers
Reaction score
As far as the truth here, I'm going to go ahead and concede - without direct evidence - that Tiki is representing the quotes above faithfully and honestly.
Way to go out on a limb here. So at this point we give you props and kudos for accepting as truthful some comments from someone who has literally never posted anything trolling or derogatory or inflammatory here? Very big of you

Spoofin

Reaction score
Way to go out on a limb here. So at this point we give you props and kudos for accepting as truthful some comments from someone who has literally never posted anything trolling or derogatory or inflammatory here? Very big of you
Hey, it is more than most on here would do. In fact, many on here use "you are lying" anytime they don't like what they hear. I've even seen "the FBI is lying" used to defend a belief. I'll give Jake props on this.

golfing18now

Reaction score
You can suggest it but when one of the individuals you mention promotes and donates to said fund that is the last person I will be taking cues from on this issue.
Yeah, I might look elsewhere for my cues too.

golfing18now

Reaction score
Appreciate the response. Yeah, your guy is a complete tool. He chairs the Public Health and Safety committee which is stocked with idealists that tiptoe around so lightly that they will never solve any actual problems. I believe tough love is an effective tool when used judiciously and they quite clearly reject that. I'm curious if you were allowed to respond or their comments elicited any resistance or condemnation in the meeting you cite? And I do wonder approximately what date this meeting occurred.

As far as the truth here, I'm going to go ahead and concede - without direct evidence - that Tiki is representing the quotes above faithfully and honestly. As such, I believe I at least partially owe Scools an apology. While I disagree with the way you stated what you said about "I'm told that....." as an unfair - and purposely inflammatory - characterization, I do agree that people that "matter" have approximated your claims. I apologize for my absolutist statements above about how this never happened. Criticizing your intelligence was uncalled for in light of this as well, so I further apologize for those comments.

This illustrates a couple things. First off, this City Council has to go. If you have a vote in Minneapolis, please get these people out of office. Invite your friends to get these people out of office. We know that the replacement, if this occurs, will be left of center. But we don't need to be so PC that we aren't outraged by violent crime. Secondly, I don't know who agrees with the positions that these City Councilpersons hold, but they are just as dangerous as the whack jobs on the right.

I am tired of both fringe groups. They all need to be beaten down. The middle needs to re-emerge and take back the power.
This is a really solid post GopherJake. It is nearly impossible for anybody to give an inch on this board so your concession deserves props as @Spoofin stated also.

I"m also very tired of the whack jobs on both sides. Idiocy is not owned solely by either Party. We would all be happier (I think) if we pushed the fringes of both parties back to the fringes.

golfing18now

Reaction score
Go4Broke -- serious question. Do you believe the premise of this tweet -- "there are two justice systems in America"? Do you believe the substance cited in the tweet is enough as a standalone tweet to support the narrative? Two random, unrelated occurrences that could only be explained by the color of their skin, right? It only takes a cursory look at Grande Capo's Twitter "America is a Third World country in whiteface" to see where he is at.

Terrill Thomas' family was paid 6.75 million dollars in an admission by the correctional facility of wrongdoing. His water was turned off not because he was black but because he was trying to flood his cell by stuffing a mattress down the toilet. What happened to him after this was tragic and inexcusable. However, I haven't read anything to suggest what happened to him was a blatant attempt to kill a black man.

I believe human beings are not perfect and never will be. In some cases, human beings can be awful. We will never get to the point where ugly situations never occur. When they do, they need to be dealt with as it appears it was in the Terrill Thomas case. But this is proof that we live in a society where all the employees at all the correctional facilities are all systemically racist? We have two different justice systems?

Spoofin

Reaction score
Go4Broke -- serious question. Do you believe the premise of this tweet -- "there are two justice systems in America"? Do you believe the substance cited in the tweet is enough as a standalone tweet to support the narrative? Two random, unrelated occurrences that could only be explained by the color of their skin, right? It only takes a cursory look at Grande Capo's Twitter "America is a Third World country in whiteface" to see where he is at.

Terrill Thomas' family was paid 6.75 million dollars in an admission by the correctional facility of wrongdoing. His water was turned off not because he was black but because he was trying to flood his cell by stuffing a mattress down the toilet. What happened to him after this was tragic and inexcusable. However, I haven't read anything to suggest what happened to him was a blatant attempt to kill a black man.

I believe human beings are not perfect and never will be. In some cases, human beings can be awful. We will never get to the point where ugly situations never occur. When they do, they need to be dealt with as it appears it was in the Terrill Thomas case. But this is proof that we live in a society where all the employees at all the correctional facilities are all systemically racist? We have two different justice systems?
There is a strict checklist of what confirmations and verifications are needed before it can be posted here.
1. Is it on Twitter? If yes, go to 2.
2. Does it support my narrative? If yes, post.

Minnesota

Reaction score
Once again, seething. Are you OK?

MplsGopher

Reaction score
But this is proof that we live in a society where all the employees at all the correctional facilities are all systemically racist?
I doubt 100% of white law enforcement officers or white correctional facility guards/staff are racists.

But what if the number was like 82%? What is your threshold where you would say "wow, yeah that is a problem that we should look at"?

golfing18now

Reaction score
I doubt 100% of white law enforcement officers or white correctional facility guards/staff are racists.

But what if the number was like 82%? What is your threshold where you would say "wow, yeah that is a problem that we should look at"?
That is a fair question MplsGopher. I think we should try to eliminate racism from our society to the extent any decisions are being made based on racist intentions. I'm not pretending racism doesn't exist in our society. It has since the beginning of time and will likely continue into the future. But we should try to minimize it whenever possible, no question. However, I also would like to see us not throw the label RACIST! every time something happens we disagree with.

In the tweet Go4Broke cited, do the three individuals charged in the Terrill Thomas case look like white oppressors to you (at least two of them are Black, possibly the third)? Does a 6.75 million dollar settlement scream of two different justice systems? Does anything about this story look like racism?

If the answer is "yes" to the last question, then does comparing it to a different story separated by 5 years and 6 states then support this "two different justice systems" contention? We need to start these discussions from a place of honesty and then go from there. These huge generalizations or in some cases false equivalencies do nothing but sow division in our society.

golfing18now

Reaction score
There is a strict checklist of what confirmations and verifications are needed before it can be posted here.
1. Is it on Twitter? If yes, go to 2.
2. Does it support my narrative? If yes, post.
Sadly, this is true in many cases.

MplsGopher

Reaction score
In the tweet Go4Broke cited, do the three individuals charged in the Terrill Thomas case look like white oppressors to you (at least two of them are Black, possibly the third)? Does a 6.75 million dollar settlement scream of two different justice systems? Does anything about this story look like racism?
https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-new...ury-wants-charges-because-inmate-died-n753751 says that a jury recommended criminal chargers against seven people. I don't know what race they are, but I believe you if you say at least two of them are black.

It says they claim they shut off the water to his cell because he had purposefully flooded his last cell. And then there was some criminal negligence after that, in forgetting to turn it back on or believe him that he needed help.

Not sure they would've acted different if it had been a white inmate, but that is the suggestion.

It certainly is a stark contrast, between the two anecdotes. You can't deny that. But it's difficult to use anecdotes to prove or disprove anything in general.

golfing18now

Reaction score
https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-new...ury-wants-charges-because-inmate-died-n753751 says that a jury recommended criminal chargers against seven people. I don't know what race they are, but I believe you if you say at least two of them are black.

It says they claim they shut off the water to his cell because he had purposefully flooded his last cell. And then there was some criminal negligence after that, in forgetting to turn it back on or believe him that he needed help.

Not sure they would've acted different if it had been a white inmate, but that is the suggestion.

It certainly is a stark contrast, between the two anecdotes. You can't deny that. But it's difficult to use anecdotes to prove or disprove anything in general.
The article I posted in my initial comment was from a handful of months after the article you cited above. It had a picture of the three individuals ultimately charged. At least two of them are clearly black. The third appears to be too. Doesn't really matter. Not the broader point I was trying to make. No doubt it was clearly criminal negligence and should have been charged as such.

I won't deny the stark contrast. But I will stand firmly behind my contention that comparing situations separated by five years, across different jails, with clearly different circumstances and drawing some sort of overarching "two different justice systems" conclusion is anecdotal and ridiculous at best.

Thanks for your response MplsGopher.

From the Parkinglot

Reaction score
I love the Yes 4 Minneapolis group. We want this to be a local campaign for local change. Except we took $500,000 from a national group run by Soros.

Corenia Smith, a spokesperson for Yes 4 Minneapolis, confirmed to 5 EYEWITNESS NEWS that the coalition has received a $500,000 grant from Open Society Foundations, a George Soros-funded philanthropic group based in Washington, D.C. The grant was first reported in the Star Tribune.

Wally

Reaction score
I love the Yes 4 Minneapolis group. We want this to be a local campaign for local change. Except we took $500,000 from a national group run by Soros.

Corenia Smith, a spokesperson for Yes 4 Minneapolis, confirmed to 5 EYEWITNESS NEWS that the coalition has received a $500,000 grant from Open Society Foundations, a George Soros-funded philanthropic group based in Washington, D.C. The grant was first reported in the Star Tribune.
So, they want to replace the police department with a new dept of public safety. OMFG its the end of the world!!!!!!!
🙄🙄🙄🙄

From the Parkinglot

Reaction score
So, they want to replace the police department with a new dept of public safety. OMFG its the end of the world!!!!!!!
🙄🙄🙄🙄
they want to be a local group doing local peoples camapaiging. Not sure you can be a local group when $500,000 comes from a national group. That’s my complaint, call a spade a spade.

I am all for social workers helping the police respond to calls of domestic abuse, potential mental breakdowns, or drug issues. I do wonder if social workers would want to be sent there alone or if they would like a trained person along with them that could carry devices used to hinder people from harming others. We could call them cops and give them weapons that both incapacitate and kill people that are perceived to be a threat.

howeda7

Reaction score
Soros! Now that he's not paying us to hate Trump anymore, he's got so much more for other causes!

Spoofin

Reaction score
🙄🙄🙄🙄
Yes, only this time they will only hire good people - not a single bad guy at all. It will be the perfect department of public safety. Utopia.

golfing18now

Reaction score
Yeah, I guess not everybody wants a social worker to answer their calls. But when in doubt, blame the survey's instructions rather than listen to your constituency.

Ninety percent feel less safe and 70% say family and friends are scared to visit.

The survey by the Downtown Neighborhood Association is sharply critical of the Minneapolis City Council.

“This wasn’t a random sample and the instructions in the survey told people not to consider COVID,” Minneapolis City Council Member Steve Fletcher said.

“This survey says that people don’t want alternative responses, they want a police officer responding to their call, not a social worker,” WCCO’s Esme Murphy said to Fletcher.

“Yep and it is my job to listen to everybody. I hear voices that say that, I also hear voices who tell me they’ve had very bad experiences,” Fletcher said.

“The way I read this survey, there are people who are blaming you for their fears about downtown Minneapolis,” Murphy said.

“Sure. I think part of that is probably a result of the way the survey was framed, but part of that is actually, that’s a really good reason that I support the charter amendment,” he said.

Section2

Reaction score
What Minneapolis needs is leadership like this

Wally

Reaction score
Yes, only this time they will only hire good people - not a single bad guy at all. It will be the perfect department of public safety. Utopia.
Did i say that?
It would probably end up about the same, not the end of the world that righties claim it would be.

Top Bottom