Loony Leftist Policy Destroying Minneapolis

golfing18now

Reaction score
The destruction was concentrated in such small areas that unless you go to those specific areas you won't notice it, I mean two blocks south of the 3rd precinct on Minnehaha and you wouldn't know anything happened.

Minneapolis is still thriving, housing prices are up and really haven't dropped due to the riots, I don't think many that live in the far burbs really have that much of an idea on lifestyle and culture of the living in the cities. The only thing that would concern me now is the carjackings, that has to get under control.

With that said I live in the far burbs, with covid I don't get in the city much, still love east lake street, many of the old haunts in the Longfellow area are still around. As we transition back to normalcy in the next year I sure won't hesitate to go back to the places I have enjoyed over the years

minehaha
1500+ locations is more than "destruction concentrated in small areas".

golfing18now

Reaction score
Very well said, and correct.

Re: carjackings -- now that the MPD knows it won't be "defunded", it suddenly got back to work. Major raid. Also note the piece recently about the psycho (white) guy who carjacked five in a row last week (I think), including firing rounds at a car that sped away, well they caught him and he'll be spending the rest of his life in prison. Good. Hope he has a terrible rest of his life. Human scum.
Maybe the cops are actually doing the carjackings? Makes sense, yes?

MplsGopher

Reaction score
Maybe the cops are actually doing the carjackings? Makes sense, yes?
No, it doesn't. It's known that it's teenagers from the north side, coming down to S Mpls, doing the violence. MPD just refused to put any effort into doing anything about it, until they knew they wouldn't be "defunded".

scools12

Reaction score
The destruction was concentrated in such small areas that unless you go to those specific areas you won't notice it, I mean two blocks south of the 3rd precinct on Minnehaha and you wouldn't know anything happened.

Minneapolis is still thriving, housing prices are up and really haven't dropped due to the riots, I don't think many that live in the far burbs really have that much of an idea on lifestyle and culture of the living in the cities. The only thing that would concern me now is the carjackings, that has to get under control.

With that said I live in the far burbs, with covid I don't get in the city much, still love east lake street, many of the old haunts in the Longfellow area are still around. As we transition back to normalcy in the next year I sure won't hesitate to go back to the places I have enjoyed over the years

minehaha
😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂oh wait you’re serious 😐😐😐😐😐😐😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

Wally

Reaction score
Nothing to see here.
😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂oh wait you’re serious 😐😐😐😐😐😐😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂
Have you guys gone out and surveyed the damage first hand?

The arson sucked yes, but majority of the damage number was broken windows, graffiti and looting which can all be repaired.

I to wish they had gotten control of the situation faster.

Last edited:

Angry

Reaction score
Meh, I lived and worked in East Phillips/Seward for half a decade. Just be smart and move with a purpose.
I grew up in the Powderhorn area. I credit that experience as giving me great situational awareness, more so than the army. And you’re right don’t be stupid.

tikited

Me
Reaction score
Except that you have no clue what you're talking about. Where do you live, Delano?
What if he does?
You continuously show you are wearing blinders when it comes to this. "Insurance will cover all of the damage..." is one of your oldies but goodies. So many more inaccuracies gifted to us over the last 9 months.

MplsGopher

Reaction score
What if he does?
You continuously show you are wearing blinders when it comes to this. "Insurance will cover all of the damage..." is one of your oldies but goodies. So many more inaccuracies gifted to us over the last 9 months.
If he does: then he knows nothing, likely the case.

You bring up one claim, which was correct. Not at all my fault that many chose to be under or un insured.

Sounds like being properly insured was cost prohibitive, in which case is a perfect place for the state to step in and subsidize it.

Feel free to bring up anything else specific. If I was wrong, I'll admit it. As I say often and loudly on GH, I'm very often wrong. Costs me nothing.

tikited

Me
Reaction score
If he does: then he knows nothing, likely the case.

You bring up one claim, which was correct. Not at all my fault that many chose to be under or un insured.

Sounds like being properly insured was cost prohibitive, in which case is a perfect place for the state to step in and subsidize it.

Feel free to bring up anything else specific. If I was wrong, I'll admit it. As I say often and loudly on GH, I'm very often wrong. Costs me nothing.
You should realize that most people that comment on GH do not live in Mpls. Some agree with you on a lot of things (sadly). Are they clueless as well since they might live in Blaine or Shakopee?

GoodasGold

Reaction score
You should realize that most people that comment on GH do not live in Mpls. Some agree with you on a lot of things (sadly). Are they clueless as well since they might live in Blaine or Shakopee?
If they live in Blaine, most assuredly they’re clueless.

MennoSota

Reaction score
Minneapolis has been and always will be a cesspool. They have morons running city government and they keep voting for anti-American congresspeople. It's little Moscow/little Tehran/little Beijing. Communism and totalitarianism mixed into a stew.

GopherJake

Reaction score
Some of them are, yes. Section2, who lives in a first ring suburb may as well live in Butte, as an example. To the point, Wally merely said Lake and Bloomington looked open for business. Not sure how that called for furious rebuttal from someone who probably has never been there and couldn’t find it on a map. The city is trying to recover. There are obviously remaining issues. Nobody disputes that. But the vultures aren’t circling the corpse of a city just yet. I’m hopeful that by summer, the healing will be well on its way.

Spoofin

Reaction score
Some of them are, yes. Section2, who lives in a first ring suburb may as well live in Butte, as an example. To the point, Wally merely said Lake and Bloomington looked open for business. Not sure how that called for furious rebuttal from someone who probably has never been there and couldn’t find it on a map. The city is trying to recover. There are obviously remaining issues. Nobody disputes that. But the vultures aren’t circling the corpse of a city just yet. I’m hopeful that by summer, the healing will be well on its way.
1. Not what was “merely said.”
2. Furious? Ha.
3. Been there.
4. See below.
D0D97C5A-8487-4731-8D8B-1DC1C40F124F.jpeg

tikited

Me
Reaction score
I'm solely commentating on how moronic the idea is that only people living in the city have an idea of what is going on.

GopherJake

Reaction score
I'm solely commentating on how moronic the idea is that only people living in the city have an idea of what is going on.
Agree. And some who live in the city are as clueless the other direction. "Why should we care about burglary? They're only material possessions!"

Wally

Reaction score
Have you spent much time in the outerburbs?
I think you would be surprised the crazy things many people there think about the city and how scared they are of it.

Top Bottom