Looks like its pretty hairy

howeda7

Reaction score
One topic of discussion was the need to put every member of Congress through a metal detector before the inauguration. A member on the call told HuffPost that there was an “eyes-wide-open realization” that Capitol Police needed to take precautions against “all these members who were in league with the insurrectionists who love to carry their guns.”

They have to put all members of Congress through a metal detector before the inauguration in case one of the insurrectionist ones might try to murder Biden and Harris. That's where we are.

Fool2 will be along shortly to explain why this is no biggie.

WhoFellDownTheGopherHole?

Reaction score
So...it's potentially Trumpsters killing officers of the law, who are also predominantly Republican, and vice versa.

I forget how this bodes well for Republicans? :unsure:

RememberMurray

Reaction score
Wow. These people have a very tenuous grasp on reality, apparently.

howeda7

Reaction score
Serious question did she fly to Washington DC. I’m pretty sure you can’t bring a gun on a plane. Of course the TSA is more like Sargent Schultz then they are Columbo.
I have no idea, but almost all of them have apartments/condos in DC.

saintpaulguy

Reaction score
Serious question did she fly to Washington DC. I’m pretty sure you can’t bring a gun on a plane. Of course the TSA is more like Sargent Schultz then they are Columbo.
You can. You can’t carry it on your person. It must be checked, and there are special procedures for that. But you can.

Wally

Reaction score
The Law and Order party reguses to follow the rules. Interesting.

Maybe all members should have their own armed security detail. Whats sad is that they need it even in the Capitol. How far we have fallen..

OldBob53

Reaction score
I heard ten or more.
I doubt Congressman Gomer will be packing at the inaugural and if he were to brandish it, might be shot dead. Hopefully the Secret Service, FBI, National Guard etc. etc. won't play around this time.

Gopher_In_NYC

Reaction score
You can bring a gun on a plane, however, although you have to fill out the paperwork to do so and declare it at check in and to the captain/head flight attendant. I know this first hand as I used to go to football games with a US Marshall.

I'm guessing this is the same for the other Feds, not sure how it applies to LEO on the municipal/local level.

howeda7

Reaction score
I doubt Congressman Gomer will be packing at the inaugural and if he were to brandish it, might be shot dead. Hopefully the Secret Service, FBI, National Guard etc. etc. won't play around this time.
The 3 GOP congressman who are alleged to have aided the coup attempt should not be allowed anywhere near the inauguration. If they think they are going to prison, they could decide to out in a blaze of glory.

From the Parkinglot

Reaction score
You can bring a gun on a plane, however, although you have to fill out the paperwork to do so and declare it at check in and to the captain/head flight attendant. I know this first hand as I used to go to football games with a US Marshall.

I'm guessing this is the same for the other Feds, not sure how it applies to LEO on the municipal/local level.
Makes me wonder why I have to take my belt and shoes off if people can carry a gun on the plane. I get a working US Marshall, but people not working should not have a gun on a plane. Otherwise let me stay dressed to get through security.

Top Bottom