Looks like Iran Sanctions have Failed

Wally

Reaction score
Israel is very happy we pulled out of the deal. Point is that the abraham accords are a huge thing. Serve to solidify a sunni-israeli front against iran besides very significant other benefits. We are even now in the process of selling f-35s to bahrain (which israel opposes by the way.). As people from these sunni countries start to see real benefits to their lives from cooperation with israel the possibility of middle east war goes down.

Trump isolated iran through sanctions and soleimani's killing was a further blow to iran's standing. American strength provided the space for the abraham accords to become a reality.

Iran is a threat to no one. The whole situation was created by us proping up an evil murderer, the Shah of Iran. We are responsible for the Iranian revolution and the current Iranian leaders completely justifiable hatred of us.

golf

Reaction score
Explain why?

Countries need to look after their survival. Similarly if china takes over taiwan, japan and south korea will become much more moderate toward china.

Sunni countries were given space to not fear the bully, we see the result.

golf

Reaction score
Iran is a threat to no one. The whole situation was created by us proping up an evil murderer, the Shah of Iran. We are responsible for the Iranian revolution and the current Iranian leaders completely justifiable hatred of us.

The shah is a separate argument. Today's iranian leadership is evil on the scale of the ccp. Their support of terrorism is unmatched. A little info below about suleimani from brett stephens, certainly not a trump supporter.

Really instructive that your first instinct is to even blame america for iranian terrorism. Just think how wonderful the world would be without america. We can dream i guess.

Wally

Reaction score
Countries need to look after their survival. Similarly if china takes over taiwan, japan and south korea will become much more moderate toward china.

Sunni countries were given space to not fear the bully, we see the result.

The bully is us.
Do you not see that?
🙄🙄🙄🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

golf

Reaction score
The bully is us.
Do you not see that?
🙄🙄🙄🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

"The Bully is Us"

Sounds like Biden campaign's unspoken motto. His campaign's view of things - - immigration, economics, race, foreign policy. I think you nailed it.

Last edited:

golf

Reaction score
Fewer guns anyway.

Precisely. So nice that Xi and Khameini dont have to worry about citizens defending themselves against tyranny. Maybe we will get there some day. Keep the faith.

GoodasGold

Reaction score
Precisely. So nice that Xi and Khameini dont have to worry about citizens defending themselves against tyranny. Maybe we will get there some day. Keep the faith.
Give me an instance of when you or anyone you know, used a gun to defend themselves against tyranny. I’m interested!🇺🇸

golf

Reaction score
Give me an instance of when you or anyone you know, used a gun to defend themselves against tyranny. I’m interested!🇺🇸

Love the emoji. What do u think would happen if dems had total control and reelection was assured?

Increased immigration which causes working class to suffer more? ICE neutered? Children learn about america via the 1619 peoject? Certainly some guns banned? Further restrictions of free speech on social media? Religious freedom limited by social causes? Additional states? Larger supreme court?

Makes me very glad indeed american citizens are well armed. Truth is that even writing the above makes me wonder if i will be banned - speaks volumes.

Last edited:

Wally

Reaction score
"The Bully is Us"

Sounds like Biden campaign's unspoken motto. His campaign's view of things - - immigration, economics, race, foreign policy. I think you nailed it.

We haven't meddled in the internal affairs of Middle East countries at all since WWII, right?

Only thing that surprises me is that we haven't had many more terrorist attacks.

How would you feel if other countries had power over us like we do them?

STPGopher

Reaction score
I asked for proof that your 3 authors are "serious and substantive". Still waiting. Tom Friedman of the NYT is himself a proponent of a two state solution. But even he writes about how helpful the abraham accords are in presenting a sunni-israeli front against iran. The accords open up these arab countries to israeli investment and capital. Linked-In in Israel almost crashed the first day of the accords. Momentum of the BDS movement is also now slowed, which is a good thing. The accords certainly do not help russia's attempts to make inroads in the area.

The accords solidify the fact that the palestinian-israeli issue no longer is preeminent. To be honest, arab countries had previously precipitously slowed their aid to the palestinians so the accords just solidify what was already a reality. Sunni nations are done with the palestinian issue. Iran is a big loser here as they have always leveraged the palestinian issue to try to gain support from the sunni countries. Dont dismiss the value of the gulf countries, they have much deeper pockets than iran and their alliance with israel and its resources/innovation/technology will allow their countries to blossom.
3>1

STPGopher

Reaction score
Love the emoji. What do u think would happen if dems had total control and reelection was assured?

Increased immigration which causes working class to suffer more? ICE neutered? Children learn about america via the 1619 peoject? Certainly some guns banned? Further restrictions of free speech on social media? Religious freedom limited by social causes? Additional states? Larger supreme court?

Makes me very glad indeed american citizens are well armed. Truth is that even writing the above makes me wonder if i will be banned - speaks volumes.
Why not. The daughters of the confederacy are able to spew their garbage with impunity.

https://www.facingsouth.org/2019/04...nfederate-propaganda-ended-souths-schoolbooks

https://www.localmemphis.com/articl...outh/522-aa3185da-142b-48b2-b64e-f44fa70e5309

STPGopher

Reaction score
I guess some of "us" really think "our" peashooters are a match for the U.S. Military.

GoodasGold

Reaction score

So many questions and not a single statement. For all the drama, your answer to my question appears to be none. And no, don’t concern yourself with banishment; that fear is a manifestation of right wing paranoia.

golf

Reaction score
We haven't meddled in the internal affairs of Middle East countries at all since WWII, right?

Only thing that surprises me is that we haven't had many more terrorist attacks.

How would you feel if other countries had power over us like we do them?

Here is a link that identifies how arabian countries at one time were very advanced. The article then goes on to identify how far behind are the arab countries now. It is really shocking. The reason for this is islam.

If america had totally ignored the middle east, those countries would still be in the dark ages.

Again, so instructive that the default is the world would be a better place without america.

Last edited:

golf

Reaction score
So many questions and not a single statement. For all the drama, your answer to my question appears to be none. And no, don’t concern yourself with banishment; that fear is a manifestation of right wing paranoia.

You seem stressed. I wouldnt worry too much. Hopefully over time media/education/hollywood will work their magic and the things on my list wont matter anymore to those of us clinging to our guns and Bibles. We'll stop whining and thinking. We will realize government know best. Dont give up on us. I really think we can get there.

Last edited:

stocker08

Reaction score

Right wing crazies love to be martyrs for their manufactured issues.

Angry

Reaction score

You forgot an implementation of a social score similar to China.
Edit it’s already happening with demonetization and shadowbans.

golf

Reaction score
You forgot an implementation of a social score similar to China.
Edit it’s already happening with demonetization and shadowbans.

Correct. Some lefties such as Bill Maher and the Weinstein brothers are very unhappy with the direction this is headed.

My biggest fear has always been that the right would start acting like the left. Well, we saw just that for only a few hours on jan 6, but could be longer next time and more widespread if post 42 concerns are instituted more and more. (Although im sure wal marts wont be emptied.) Actually will probly start with conservative states just refusing to implement federal mandates, kind of like we see with sactuary cities.

golf

Reaction score
Right wing crazies love to be martyrs for their manufactured issues.

I think u are onto something. Whenever the truth isnt on one's side, play the martyr card. Makes the merits of the issue irrelevant. Doesnt require any thinking, selfexamination, or effort. The uighurs should stop whining so much. The people of hong kong are always playing the martyr. You are definitely onto something. This is the perfect strategy for the postmodern dem. Excellent.

Last edited:

stocker08

Reaction score
I think u are onto something. Whenever the truth isnt on one's side, play the martyr card. Makes the merits of the issue irrelevant. Doesnt require any thinking, selfexamination, or effort. The uighurs should stop whining so much. The people of hong kong are always playing the martyr. You are definitely onto something. This is the perfect strategy for the postmodern dem. Excellent.

Yeah....today's righty is so oppressed. Very comparable to Hong Kong. You all should whine about a stolen election, produce no proof, and then attack the capital. So many more martyrs to arrest.

Last edited:

golf

Reaction score
Yeah....today's righty is so oppressed. Very comparable to Hong Kong. You all should whine about a stolen election, produce no proof, and then attack the capital. So many more martyrs to arrest.

Perfect! Another great way to go for the post modern dem who doesnt have the truth on his side - change the subject. So let's summarize:

Strategy 1 : The other side are whiners
Strategy 2 : Change the subject

The beauty is these make the truth irrelevant, require no thought, require no self-examination. You are on fire! Excellent! What other goodies might be in that dem toolkit i wonder?

Last edited:

stocker08

Reaction score
Perfect! Another great way to go for the post modern dem who doesnt have the truth on his side - change the subject. So let's summarize:

The beauty is these make the truth irrelevant, require no thought, require no self-examination. You are on fire. Excellent! What other goodies might be in that dem toolkit i wonder?

Last time I checked....this thread is about the failure of Trump's Iran sanctions. And here you are deflecting....using the right wing talking points to blame others. You really want to talk about changing the subject?

Want to talk about self-examination....from a righty whose party is still in love with a guy who pushed months of false election fraud claims and then enticed his followers to attack the capital?

Should we look at the repub toolkit? Basically whine constantly about how the media is mean? Easy to ignore reality is everything is fake news.

But please....keep building that fantasy world of yours....where alternate facts run free.

golf

Reaction score
Last time I checked....this thread is about the failure of Trump's Iran sanctions. And here you are deflecting....using the right wing talking points to blame others. You really want to talk about changing the subject?

Want to talk about self-examination....from a righty whose party is still in love with a guy who pushed months of false election fraud claims and then enticed his followers to attack the capital?

Should we look at the repub toolkit? Basically whine constantly about how the media is mean? Easy to ignore reality is everything is fake news.

But please....keep building that fantasy world of yours....where alternate facts run free.

Ok then. GAG asked me for examples of tyranny. I responded with post 42. Without referring to whining or jan 6, what are your thoughts regarding that post? Do you worry that the left agenda has become so extreme or is tracking toward becoming so extreme per post 42 that the right will check out of the country either nonviolently or violently?

stocker08

Reaction score
Ok then. GAG asked me for examples of tyranny. I responded with post 42. Without referring to whining or jan 6, what are your thoughts regarding that post? Do you worry that the left agenda has become so extreme or is tracking toward becoming so extreme per post 42 that the right will check out of the country either nonviolently or violently?

I think that all the Alex Jones types are making bank by keeping you sheeple paranoid. Remember how Obama was going to take everyone's guns? I remember that too. lol.

Spoofin

Reaction score

The beauty is these make the truth irrelevant, require no thought, require no self-examination. You are on fire! Excellent! What other goodies might be in that dem toolkit i wonder?
Well, considering I see who you are communitcating with the answer is pretty easy:

Strategy 3: Make something up

Top Bottom