Liz Cheney, No. 3 House Republican, to vote to impeach Trump

RememberMurray

Reaction score
In a statement, Cheney, a staunch conservative, said Trump was responsible for the death and destruction that day.

"The President of the United States summoned this mob, assembled the mob, and lit the flame of this attack. Everything that followed was his doing. None of this would have happened without the President," said Cheney. "The President could have immediately and forcefully intervened to stop the violence. He did not."
"There has never been a greater betrayal by a President of the United States of his office and his oath to the Constitution," she added.

BarnBurner

Reaction score
In a statement, Cheney, a staunch conservative, said Trump was responsible for the death and destruction that day.

"The President of the United States summoned this mob, assembled the mob, and lit the flame of this attack. Everything that followed was his doing. None of this would have happened without the President," said Cheney. "The President could have immediately and forcefully intervened to stop the violence. He did not."
"There has never been a greater betrayal by a President of the United States of his office and his oath to the Constitution," she added.

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Tricky Dick was the Dems punching bag. Liz too.

Yet another hypocritical lib turd.

RememberMurray

Reaction score
:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Tricky Dick was the Dems punching bag. Liz too.

Yet another hypocritical lib turd.
You just can't form a cognitive, logical thought, can you? You simply can't see what's happening right in front of your nose.

BarnBurner

Reaction score
You just can't form a cognitive, logical thought, can you? You simply can't see what's happening right in front of your nose.
Sure can. Your hypocrisy is astounding. Not surprising.

Just admit the nameCheneywas all bad. Until today.

RememberMurray

Reaction score
Sure can. Your hypocrisy is astounding. Not surprising.

Just admit the nameCheneywas all bad. Until today.
Both Cheneys have been generally wrong, by my lights, until today. Today, though, Liz stood up. I commend her for it.

I'm sorry... where's this "hypocrisy" you speak of?

BarnBurner

Reaction score
Both Cheneys have been generally wrong, by my lights, until today. Today, though, Liz stood up. I commend her for it.

I'm sorry... where's this "hypocrisy" you speak of?
Tricky Dick and Liz have always been lib turd whipping posts. Until today.
Murray equals hipocrite.

BarnBurner

Reaction score
But you support her today, of course. That would be consistent.
St Pauli still can’t grasp reality. R vs D. Parties. Politicians.
U b a hack st Pauli

And you support her today and never have before. 😂😂😂😂😂😂

RememberMurray

Reaction score
Tricky Dick and Liz have always been lib turd whipping posts. Until today.
Murray equals hipocrite.
So, if I opposed something Dick Cheney did twenty years ago, I am obligated to oppose Liz Cheney doing anything, no matter how unrelated it is, in 2020... or I'm a hypocrite?

That's really how your mind works?

You are a simpleton.

saintpaulguy

Reaction score
St Pauli still can’t grasp reality. R vs D. Parties. Politicians.
U b a hack st Pauli

And you support her today and never have before. 😂😂😂😂😂😂
I have never had an opinion on her before. Her father has defied tribalism, starting with the President’s inaugural speech. So, people who have previous disagreements can have common ground sometimes.

RememberMurray

Reaction score
I have never had an opinion on her before. Her father has defied tribalism, starting with the President’s inaugural speech. So, people who have previous disagreements can have common ground sometimes.
Not in the mind of BB... whose brain is the size of a BB.

saintpaulguy

Reaction score
So, if I opposed something Dick Cheney did twenty years ago, I am obligated to oppose Liz Cheney doing anything, no matter how unrelated it is, in 2020... or I'm a hypocrite?

That's really how your mind works?

You are a simpleton.
She’s got a host of views I disagree with. But here is where the rubber meets the road. Party loyalty has caused the Big Lie to fester. Donald Trump, who can’t lose, invented the Big Lie, and demanded loyalty to the Big Lie. Hawley and Cruz bought in, because they think they are the heirs apparent. Even though Don Jr. openly declared that the Republican Party is now the Trump party.
The day of reckoning is at hand, and it’s time for people who aren’t going to be bullied to join reality against the Big Lie. Because the Big Lie only serves the President’s eggshell ego, and damages all else.
I support everyone on the side of reality.

saintpaulguy

Reaction score
It was Antifa! The guy can’t stop. So, I’m just fine with Liz, Mitch, Mitt. Lisa, and all the fine folks in the GOP willing to point out the Emperor has no clothes.

RememberMurray

Reaction score
She’s got a host of views I disagree with. But here is where the rubber meets the road. Party loyalty has caused the Big Lie to fester. Donald Trump, who can’t lose, invented the Big Lie, and demanded loyalty to the Big Lie. Hawley and Cruz bought in, because they think they are the heirs apparent. Even though Don Jr. openly declared that the Republican Party is now the Trump party.
I disagree with most of the things most Republicans do and say, almost every day of the week.

That does not mean I can't, occasionally, find one of their positions admirable.

All of this seems pretty mundane, and even obvious, but some people can't seem to grasp it.

saintpaulguy

Reaction score
I disagree with most of the things most Republicans do and say, almost every day of the week.

That does not mean I can't, occasionally, find one of their positions admirable.

All of this seems pretty mundane, and even obvious, but some people can't seem to grasp it.
Grudges. You must have them.

RememberMurray

Reaction score
Apparently, roughly 65% of House Republicans voted Trump's way — against the certification of the election — but Liz Cheney voted for certification. She was the highest-ranking House Republican to do so, meaning she is the highest-ranking Republican member of the anti-Trump 35% House faction.

She is brilliantly setting herself up as a leadership voice in the post-Trump Republican Party, or, as some pundits call them, the "reality-based Republicans".

saintpaulguy

Reaction score
Apparently, roughly 65% of House Republicans voted Trump's way — against the certification of the election — but Liz Cheney voted for certification. She was the highest-ranking House Republican to do so, meaning she is the highest-ranking Republican member of the anti-Trump 35% House faction.

She is brilliantly setting herself up as a leadership voice in the post-Trump Republican Party, or, as some pundits call them, the "reality-based Republicans".
Cheers!

RememberMurray

Reaction score
Liz Cheney's father has a lifetime of well-earned standing in the Republican party. Liz seems to have inherited all of his political savvy and instincts

Mitch McConnell is one of the smartest parliamentarians in the history of the U.S, Congress.

Both of them are putting their bets down now, and they appear to be betting against Trump.

Time to watch just exactly how this hand plays out.

cjbfbp

Reaction score
Grudges. You must have them.
I don't think it's a question of grudges against individuals. I think it's just lazy tribalist thinking. Individuals don't matter. Wally, on this page, described it succinctly:

"Lol, Barnturd doesn't understand. Trump is god and dems are the devil, there is no in between."

RememberMurray

Reaction score
It's like working for the mob. Much easier to get in than to get out.
Exactly.

Even if you can convince the public that you've quit the Trump Cult, you'll never escape the Cult... or your own culpability.

---------

You can check out any time you like,

But you can never leave.

RememberMurray

Reaction score
Annnnd... cue the "Both sides are equally bad!!!!!!" crap.

Next up: "It was ANTIFA, disguised as MAGA!!!"

Followed quickly by: "The attack on Congress was a Deep Fake!!! It never happened!!! They were all 'crisis actors'!!!!"

howeda7

Reaction score
GOP'ers defending their no votes: "Sure the mob beat police to death and tried to kill us, but they're just so darn frustrated by the election results.

Top Bottom