Liam Robbins named Big Ten Player of the Week!

matt

Let's get weird
Reaction score
Well it didn't take him long to acclimate to the B1G. Very impressive for the big man, especially considering the competition he did it against.

Otis

Reaction score
Wow! Nice work Liam!

LongLiveMilesTarver

Reaction score
I've been thinking off and on about a comp for him and I've settled on JR/SR version of Michael Doleac when he started shooting threes.

Robbins is a better shot blocker and it seems like he probably does more damage in the post than Doleac but I that's the best I could come up with. It hit me when watching him shoot free throws.

Anyone else got anything better?

Gopherfan1000

Reaction score
I've been thinking off and on about a comp for him and I've settled on JR/SR version of Michael Doleac when he started shooting threes.

Robbins is a better shot blocker and it seems like he probably does more damage in the post than Doleac but I that's the best I could come up with. It hit me when watching him shoot free throws.

A taller and more agile version of Goran Suton?

tmvander

Reaction score
He's been doing a great job getting better defensively. I don't think we'll see scoring games like we did last night all the time, but it's nice to see that that is an option.

His defense and rebounding is getting way better and he's staying on the floor a lot longer which is great to see.

die hard gopher

Reaction score

For a while my comparison was John Teske, the Michigan center the last two years but with how he's played recently, I think he's better at both ends of the floor. Hunter Dicksonson, Michigan's current freshman center is probably the current Big Ten player he resembles the most although they certainly aren't identical.

Meyers Leonard and AJ Hammons could maybe be another although Leonard is much more athletic and Hammons was much thicker.

Holy Man

Reaction score
For a while my comparison was John Teske, the Michigan center the last two years but with how he's played recently, I think he's better at both ends of the floor. Hunter Dicksonson, Michigan's current freshman center is probably the current Big Ten player he resembles the most although they certainly aren't identical.

Meyers Leonard and AJ Hammons could maybe be another although Leonard is much more athletic and Hammons was much thicker.
And neither worked as hard as Liam. What I remember about both of them is that neither made it to his potential.

die hard gopher

Reaction score
Actually looking back on Leonard at Illinois a little more, I think he is easily the best comparison for Liam. Very similar numbers, similar size and similar skillsets. I saw a few people make this comparison at the beginning of the year and I scoffed at it because Leonard was a really nice player and thought that was a bit optimistic but with how Liam has looked they are very similar.

Not saying Liam gets drafted at all though as he is 4 years removed from HS, Leonard was 2 years removed and the NBA has devalued traditional bigs like Leonard. Leonard might not be even be first round pick if he were in the 2020 draft.

cjbfbp

Reaction score

You mean the Doleac from Utah?

cjbfbp

Reaction score
Actually looking back on Leonard at Illinois a little more, I think he is easily the best comparison for Liam. Very similar numbers, similar size and similar skillsets. I saw a few people make this comparison at the beginning of the year and I scoffed at it because Leonard was a really nice player and thought that was a bit optimistic but with how Liam has looked they are very similar.

Not saying Liam gets drafted at all though as he is 4 years removed from HS, Leonard was 2 years removed and the NBA has devalued traditional bigs like Leonard. Leonard might not be even be first round pick if he were in the 2020 draft.
Well, there is Nikolai Vucevic who has had a very nice career. He's a little thinner than Vucevic.

Keyser Söze

Reaction score

Maybe a skinny version of Brook Lopez too?

fan of Ray Williams

Reaction score
Nice honor. Count me as someone who never thought it would happen when watching him at the beginning of the season. Good job.

Top Bottom