Leave Tucker Carlson Alone

Bob_Loblaw

Reaction score
It's entirely possible but his career was floundering at the time he entered Fox. Once you enter that evening entertainment slot everything becomes fast and loose in the name of ratings. This is also the case with CNN and likely MSNBC.
I kind of doubt that. He started the Daily Caller in 2010 that is about as far right as it gets and sold off his shares a few years ago for a ton of money. The dude also comes from a ton of money.

But I guess I wouldn't know.

Gopher_In_NYC

Reaction score
He has the highest rated show on Fox News and one of the highest rated on all of cable. But none of the Fellas watch him. It's all "leftists."
I hear his love dolls have seen a dramatic increase in purchasers in MN who aren't college educated and reside on the OTB @ GopherHole.

Last edited:

Gopher_In_NYC

Reaction score
Tucker Carlson’s College Yearbook Says He Belonged to Club for Harvey Milk’s Murderer

He was always a nutball - celebrating someone's murder, but that's okay because Harvey Milk was gay. And no way, he belonged to the Dan White Society before Milk's murder, as White served as a supervisor for the city of San Francisco, not one with a national profile, unless you're a murderer of gay people.

What a great role model for the Old White Fellers kids and grandkids - Huzzah!!

He also referenced the Jesse Helms Foundation, named for the staunchly anti-gay conservative senator

Fox News host Tucker Carlson identified himself as being part of the “Dan White Society” in his 1991 Trinity College yearbook entry. Dan White was the name of the man who killed San Francisco Mayor George Moscone and Supervisor Harvey Milk, California’s first openly gay elected official, in 1978.

A representative for Trinity College confirmed the veracity of the yearbook entry to TheWrap after a screenshot of it went viral on Twitter. The spokesperson pointed to a digitized version of the yearbook, which features the entry on page 186, and added that the so-called “society” didn’t seem to exist at the school and was only mentioned in Carlson’s entry. A review of the yearbook by TheWrap found no other mentions of a “Dan White Society.”

“While I cannot speak to the yearbook process in 1991, current practice is that only a student’s name, home state and/or country, and the student’s major are listed with their photos,” the Trinity College representative said when asked whether Carlson submitted the identifier himself.

Spoofin

Reaction score
To most leftists nowadays, basically everyone is a racist. It’s pathetic how that word is practically becoming meaningless. When everyone is a racist, no one is a racist. Same thing is happening with the terms Nazi and fascist.
This is a great point. I have said basically the same - calling everything and everyone racist takes away from the real problems where there is racism. Like you, I was called a racist for that comment 🤷‍♂️

Donovan

Reaction score
Just addressing the statement that it's the leftists that watch/pay attention to him. He's your 2024 front-runner unless Dementia Don holds up.
I doubt many lefty’s watch Tucker. If they did, many would learn something! 😎However, I do know they get riled up (watch/pay attention) when they see one of their Twitter follows post a little video segment of T.C.

howeda7

Reaction score
I hear his love dolls have seen a dramatic increase in purchasers in MN who aren't college educated and reside on the OTB @ GopherHole.
Most of the Fellas here actually do have college degrees (presumably).

goldengophers

Reaction score
I kind of doubt that. He started the Daily Caller in 2010 that is about as far right as it gets and sold off his shares a few years ago for a ton of money. The dude also comes from a ton of money.

But I guess I wouldn't know.
So popular I've never even heard of it. I understand if you are currently highly attached and buying what even he isn't buying, the nighttime entertainment programs on these news networks are like a greasy cheeseburger when drunk. I personally don't partake on any side but I understand why someone might be drawn in, especially elderly people with time and in need of excitement.

Last edited:

Section2

Reaction score
If you can act, which he can, and be a bit naturally right of center that slot is plug and play. What's terrific is he overplays it yet the geriatric crowd eats it up. His intellectually honest career ended after Stewart and a short run on MSNBC.
It almost seems like you just shift your argument to fit your narrative that Tucker is bad. And I doubt you watch him.

Section2

Reaction score
Seems to me a number of posters have said they do watch him. Once again, facts mean little to Howie. Dishonest to the core.

Guess what Howie - I didn’t know who TC was until I joined tOTB. I watched his show twice during the election period and haven’t since. I also didn’t know what Qanon or OANN was before tOTB and have still never once visited/watched that. But I’m a HUGE righty and ALL righties are obsessed with these things..... or maybe it is just you.
Such a tool.
I watch Tucker occasionally. I don’t really enjoy watching news at that time. But during the riots I tuned in. I thought he was great. This year I’ve seen a few clips on Twitter here and there but don’t watch much. Have never even been in OAN or News Max channels. Never flipped by. No clue if I even have them. No knowledge of Q, of which I am apparently a loyal soldier.

goldengophers

Reaction score
I watch Tucker occasionally. I don’t really enjoy watching news at that time. But during the riots I tuned in. I thought he was great. This year I’ve seen a few clips on Twitter here and there but don’t watch much. Have never even been in OAN or News Max channels. Never flipped by. No clue if I even have them. No knowledge of Q, of which I am apparently a loyal soldier.
Oh so like 2 cigarettes a day? Read a ton of News Max in the height of the Iraq war.

Bob_Loblaw

Reaction score
Oh so like 2 cigarettes a day?

Why would people be afraid to say that they watch Tucker Carlson if they do? Isn't it clear that the folks you all are implying are lying about watching Tucker Carlson wouldn't feel weird admitting it?

I'd guess most folks on here that like Tucker Carlson would have zero issue admitting it.

Bob_Loblaw

Reaction score
I’m a liar, right? You can say it.

Clearly, even though you've admitted considerably more controversial opinions than watching the post popular person on cable TV. But with Tucker, you are in the shadows watching. LOL

Section2

Reaction score
Clearly, even though you've admitted considerably more controversial opinions than watching the post popular person on cable TV. But with Tucker, you are in the shadows watching. LOL
I think he’s really good, from what I’ve watched. Has non traditional guests. Gets a wide range of opinions. And a lot of his monologues are spot on. I just don’t really feel like watching news at 8pm generally. But that’s cover so no one knows on OTB that I like Tucker.

scools12

Reaction score
The leftist have a narrative they want to spin basically about everything. People have admitted they watch Tucker Carlson. The leftist can’t have it. They need to spin that into its lie about how much you watch Carlson. Why do they even care?

Section2

Reaction score
You're shifty, always one foot in and one foot out.
Huh, I thought the knock on me was that I’m too binary in my thinking.. Now I’m the opposite according to you. Or I could just be telling the truth about a meaningless topic.

Section2

Reaction score
The leftist have a narrative they want to spin basically about everything. People have admitted they watch Tucker Carlson. The leftist can’t have it. They need to spin that into its lie about how much you watch Carlson. Why do they even care?
They need to be able to define who you are, where you get your opinions, and what your opinions really mean. That way it matches the narrative in their head and they don’t have to engage their brains. That’s work.

goldengophers

Reaction score
Huh, I thought the knock on me was that I’m too binary in my thinking.. Now I’m the opposite according to you. Or I could just be telling the truth about a meaningless topic.
The little doubt, watch Tucker occasionally but got really into him for riots.

Bob_Loblaw

Reaction score
I think he’s really good, from what I’ve watched. Has non traditional guests. Gets a wide range of opinions. And a lot of his monologues are spot on. I just don’t really feel like watching news at 8pm generally. But that’s cover so no one knows on OTB that I like Tucker.
Yeah, I just meant you didn't strike me as someone who would be shy about watching him or not.

goldengophers

Reaction score
My feedback is based on a few clips shared here, my time with Tucker was long ago. I don't watch nighttime news shows, I don't fit the age demographic and don't find them particularly informative/objective on either side.

USAF

Reaction score
Tucker Carlson is not a news program.

scools12

Reaction score
My feedback is based on a few clips shared here, my time with Tucker was long ago. I don't watch nighttime news shows, I don't fit the age demographic and don't find them particularly informative/objective on either side.
I agree the nighttime news shows are not objective on either side. They are opinion shows.

Of course people on the right would watch Carlson same as people on the left watch Maddow. Doesn’t mean either side nod their heads in agreement at every word said. Why anyone would lie about what they watch or how much they watch is beyond me. 🤷‍♂️

Donovan

Reaction score
Yes, he has a good range of guests. A few of the old school liberals have been on like Glenn Greenwald (frequent guest), Naomi Wolf, Camille Paglia, and I think Matt Tiabbi. Of course these folks are basically persona non grata to most on the left in today’s climate.

Last edited:

Spoofin

Reaction score
They need to be able to define who you are, where you get your opinions, and what your opinions really mean. That way it matches the narrative in their head and they don’t have to engage their brains. That’s work.
I went to bed too early last night - this whole discussion was pure GOLD.

Top Bottom