Late Night Talk Shows

tikited

Me
Reaction score
I got stuck in the YouTube hole the other night watching clips of Craig Ferguson (props again to Dpo for influencing me to give him another try years ago) interviewing hot actresses. I never really noticed the enormous amount of flirting going on between Ferguson and his female guests. Great stuff. Anyways, got me thinking about how things have changed now that Ferguson, Letterman, and Leno have retired. Never liked Leno at all. Not funny, not likable, etc.. Letterman was the King imo and Ferguson had the best non-interviewing interview show ever. What about now? What do you people think about the late night hosts/shows?

Fallon has grown on me a little bit, but he still bugs me with his butt kissing. His skits are always pretty good. The games are pretty dumb most of the time.

Colbert started out about as badly as he could have but has rebounded nicely. He still is a pretty bad interviewer imo as he talks more than his guests.

Conan is losing me. I can't stomach his monologues at all anymore. The only thing going for him is Andy Richter and he still has the best music guests by far.

Kimmel is probably the best right now by default.

Seth Meyers I feel is a good interviewer, but I don't like his bits at all.

I feel like I'm forgetting someone... Oh, Cordon. Seems like a good dude and all, but I hate the format and stopped paying attention.

Donovan

Reaction score
I miss Johnny Carson and Letterman's late night NBC show. Few people knew Johnny's politics, which was great. Today, more than ever, we all need some escapes from politics.

howeda7

Reaction score
Colbert is still good, but the Comedy Central show was better. The rest don't do much for me.

Reaction score
I miss Johnny Carson and Letterman's late night NBC show. Few people knew Johnny's politics, which was great. Today, more than ever, we all need some escapes from politics.
Carson was born in Nebraska and was a Republican, but he never brought " politics " to the to the table. He did skits on Regan , etc, but always in good fun.

jamiche

Reaction score
Carson was the best. Didn't care for Leno or Letterman.

Trevor Noah has grown in the job of replacing Stewart. He runs a good show now. He's a lousy interviewer and the interviews are poorly edited. I do like that he interviews a lot of people of color who are unfamiliar to me, he just does it poorly. He does great accents.

Colbert is great.

The trouble with all of these shows, and the media in general, is the Faustian Bargain. They are all making a bloody fortune off of Trump because it's like watching a car accident. Nobody can take their eyes off of the guy. He knows it and they know it. That's how he got elected and that's how he will stay in office. There is too much money to be made by having him stay in place.

Top Bottom