Joe Biden's First 150 Days - Off the Charts

Section2

Reaction score
The local McDonalds just announced they will be paying $13/hour to start and $14/hour after 30 days. $15 is barely above the natural minimum wage in most places now, so I doubt it will have much impact.
We should definitely support a national policy as long as Howie doesn’t think it will have much impact.

howeda7

Reaction score
We should definitely support a national policy as long as Howie doesn’t think it will have much impact.
I didn't say you had to support it or even that I did. Just that it's mostly symbolic at this point. If you'd ever hired anyone, you'd know you can't hire even the most entry level spot for much less than $15 these days. Anyone saying it's going to "really have an effect" is exaggerating/wrong.

Section2

Reaction score
I didn't say you had to support it or even that I did. Just that it's mostly symbolic at this point. If you'd ever hired anyone, you'd know you can't hire even the most entry level spot for much less than $15 these days. Anyone saying it's going to "really have an effect" is exaggerating/wrong.
These days the government pays people $21/hour not to work. So yes, this would be below that “natural” wage floor.

Spoofin

Reaction score
Actually, if you paid attention to the current job situation you'd know that you can't hire anyone these days for much more than $15 since they can make as much, if not more to sit on the couch.

Plausible Deniability

Coffee is for closers
Reaction score
Who would have ever thought this would happen?

Shocking Study Finds Paying People Not To Work...

U.S.—A surprising new study released Friday found that paying people not to work made people not want to work.

Amid shockingly low job numbers released today, the study suggested that some of that low unemployment was due to the government sending everyone more money than they would have made out working a job. Some smart expert analysts are seeing a connection between incentivizing people to stay home and them staying home.

"It's really bizarre -- telling people to stay home and watch Netflix while we send them money makes people just stay home and watch Netflix while we send them money," said one government official. "It seems that when you just send people checks they don't really see a point to going to work."

"We could not possibly have foreseen this."

At publishing time, experts had recommended raising the minimum wage to $1,000,000 an hour to incentivize people to go back to work, foreseeing no negative consequences from this course of action.

stocker08

Reaction score

DON'T MENTION TRUMP ANYMORE.

Meanwhile.....last Sunday.....I went to Wild Marsh in Buffalo and drove right past this:

trump-2020-flag.jpg

Buffalo....one of the places where the right wingers sold their souls to King Trump by putting up a (lol) Trump 2020 store.

Wally

Reaction score
Who would have ever thought this would happen?

Shocking Study Finds Paying People Not To Work...

U.S.—A surprising new study released Friday found that paying people not to work made people not want to work.

Amid shockingly low job numbers released today, the study suggested that some of that low unemployment was due to the government sending everyone more money than they would have made out working a job. Some smart expert analysts are seeing a connection between incentivizing people to stay home and them staying home.

"It's really bizarre -- telling people to stay home and watch Netflix while we send them money makes people just stay home and watch Netflix while we send them money," said one government official. "It seems that when you just send people checks they don't really see a point to going to work."

"We could not possibly have foreseen this."

At publishing time, experts had recommended raising the minimum wage to $1,000,000 an hour to incentivize people to go back to work, foreseeing no negative consequences from this course of action.

All it would take for me is not making enough. If I don't make a certain amount I would drop out of the workforce and stop working and I imagine there are lots of people like me.

stocker08

Reaction score

People see the difference between parties right now. One is working to get things done and move forward in a positive direction. The second (the righties) are going full in on Trumpism and trying to bastardize the voting process for minorities for their own selfish purposes.

Things will continue to follow this direction as long as Q people are fully entrenched in the republican party.....pulling strings to make the lifeless puppet move in frightening ways.

howeda7

Reaction score
People see the difference between parties right now. One is working to get things done and move forward in a positive direction. The second (the righties) are going full in on Trumpism and trying to bastardize the voting process for minorities for their own selfish purposes.

Things will continue to follow this direction as long as Q people are fully entrenched in the republican party.....pulling strings to make the lifeless puppet move in frightening ways.
Let's wait for the Cyber Ninjas audit of this race before we make assumptions.

Plausible Deniability

Coffee is for closers
Reaction score
All it would take for me is not making enough. If I don't make a certain amount I would drop out of the workforce and stop working and I imagine there are lots of people like me.
I gotta be completely honest, I'm finding it awfully difficult to believe that you're part of the workforce now. The body of work continues to indicate either a massive trolling effort or someone that is roughly 17 years old. I still can't figure out which, but whatever works for you, stick with it I guess.

Top Bottom