Joe Biden’s $2 Trillion Infrastructure & Jobs Plan

howeda7

Reaction score
Question: in your opinion, the result of the above proposal will be to drastically raise tax revenue with few if any other effects on the economy, jobs, etc. correct? If this isn’t your position, which effects do you think it will have?
I don't know about "drastically", but it would raise revenue, yes.

Lowering the corporate rate to 0% is good, right? I'm sure investor behavior will change, but anyone claiming to know exactly how is lying. You're not going to not cash in your GameStop stock because the tax rate is 11% higher.

Spoofin

Reaction score
Joe’s got this economy thing figured out. Manufacturers still struggling to hire while open jobs continue to increase and we fill about 1/4 the jobs expected - but Joe says it has nothing to do with the fact folks can make just as much not working as they would working.

Biden was also blunt Friday in addressing a major question raised by the jobs report: Do generous unemployment benefits have a major effect on how many workers are willing to rejoin the labor market?
—- “No, nothing measurable," Biden said.

Pompous Elitist

Reaction score
Joe’s got this economy thing figured out. Manufacturers still struggling to hire while open jobs continue to increase and we fill about 1/4 the jobs expected - but Joe says it has nothing to do with the fact folks can make just as much not working as they would working.

Biden was also blunt Friday in addressing a major question raised by the jobs report: Do generous unemployment benefits have a major effect on how many workers are willing to rejoin the labor market?
—- “No, nothing measurable," Biden said.

Joe is a politician, not a high school economics student.

Spoofin

Reaction score
I know we need to turn all out focus to Liz now which must be why CNN mobile has zero stories on the border crisis right now, but if you pan down to the bottom - past multiple Liz stories, Trump stories, something on non-stick pans, and updates on American Idol, you can find some stories about the job market issue with open jobs growing and how few are going back to work. I know - boring stuff.

Looks like a few states are looking to remove the extra unemployment stimulus for, well, obvious reasons. Meanwhile Biden is keeping his head buried in the sand - again insisting this $300/week extra (min. $7.50/hour) for doing nothing is not impacting that decision (“negligible”). He is even saying the fact no one is taking jobs is proof it is needed now more than ever. 🙄 Okey Dokey.

KillerGopherFan

Reaction score
I know we need to turn all out focus to Liz now which must be why CNN mobile has zero stories on the border crisis right now, but if you pan down to the bottom - past multiple Liz stories, Trump stories, something on non-stick pans, and updates on American Idol, you can find some stories about the job market issue with open jobs growing and how few are going back to work. I know - boring stuff.

Looks like a few states are looking to remove the extra unemployment stimulus for, well, obvious reasons. Meanwhile Biden is keeping his head buried in the sand - again insisting this $300/week extra (min. $7.50/hour) for doing nothing is not impacting that decision (“negligible”). He is even saying the fact no one is taking jobs is proof it is needed now more than ever. 🙄 Okey Dokey.

They have it covered both ways. If the numbers come out good, it’s proof their policies/programs are working. If the numbers come out bad, it’s proof they need more of what their policies/programs are providing.

Joe just reads, or tries to read, what they put in front of him.

howeda7

Reaction score
They have it covered both ways. If the numbers come out good, it’s proof their policies/programs are working. If the numbers come out bad, it’s proof they need more of what their policies/programs are providing.

Joe just reads, or tries to read, what they put in front of him.
Evil geniuses, right?

I'm going to go read some of your and Spoof's scathing critiques of Trump's $2 trillion infrastructure plan. I hope I'm not up all night!

Plausible Deniability

Coffee is for closers
Reaction score

I think the phrase you're looking for is "unintended consequences", which has always been most definitely owned by one party over the other. Masters of that universe time and again

Spoofin

Reaction score
Evil geniuses, right?

I'm going to go read some of your and Spoof's scathing critiques of Trump's $2 trillion infrastructure plan. I hope I'm not up all night!
Please do Howie. Don’t be all talk. Go find it. Also, if you find any pork in there just remember “that is how bills are done”. It’s just the process. Just like you said on Biden’s stimulus bill. The exact opposite of what you said on Trumps stimulus bill. smh

Spoofin

Reaction score
I think the phrase you're looking for is "unintended consequences", which has always been most definitely owned by one party over the other. Masters of that universe time and again
The Rs started the extra unemployment payment. I didn’t agree with it then, but the situation was far different. Extending it initially by the Ds was dumb, but the latest extension thru September when industry was already showing all the signs of improvement was something a 9th grade Econ student would have known better on. They didn’t care then and based on Joe’s words they still don’t.

stocker08

Reaction score
Meanwhile in R land....removal and silencing of anyone not parroting the stolen election lie. Lol.

KillerGopherFan

Reaction score
Evil geniuses, right?

Virtually everyone agreed that a stimulus package was necessary when the pandemic began. As Spoofin said, that was a very different situation than now. But since you asked, I looked back at the few posts I had on the subject of Covid stimulus spending that I made, which always favored lean spending when House Dems were wanting to throw money at blue states and schools...so they could open...right?

C78D65A7-30BF-4678-BA62-B2878B90F093.jpeg
59DBC7D5-1F33-46D1-9351-ED1CB3D62F3B.jpeg
AF24A150-C4E8-4351-9251-5D33151D5C1A.jpeg

KillerGopherFan

Reaction score
8.1 million US jobs available in March.

Only 280K employees added in last month.

When you pay people more to stay home than they will make working, while delaying schools re-opening, guess what people will do?

Nice going Joe!

howeda7

Reaction score
Virtually everyone agreed that a stimulus package was necessary when the pandemic began. As Spoofin said, that was a very different situation than now. But since you asked, I looked back at the few posts I had on the subject of Covid stimulus spending that I made, which always favored lean spending when House Dems were wanting to throw money at blue states and schools...so they could open...right?

View attachment 12788
View attachment 12789
View attachment 12790
I didn't mention the stimulus. I'm talking about Trump's 2 trillion infrastructure bill. I'm sure you righteously opposed it, right?!?!

Spoofin

Reaction score

When you pay people more to stay home than they will make working, while delaying schools re-opening, guess what people will do?

Nice going Joe!
Nothing to see here.

Spoofin

Reaction score

Nice going Joe!
To put this in persepective - it is the highest number on record going back the 25-years that I can find this data published by the US Bereau of Labor. It is also an 8% increase over the previous record set just 1-month earlier. People aren't taking jobs. Job Search sites are showing much higher numbers that continue to increase.
1620753563359.png

diehard

Reaction score
Engorging unemployment is an attempt to addict people to the concept of univeral income. It is working and this could be the future. America is done. The Democrats have killed it. Our economy will fully resemble their souls. Vacant and dead.

KillerGopherFan

Reaction score
I didn't mention the stimulus. I'm talking about Trump's 2 trillion infrastructure bill. I'm sure you righteously opposed it, right?!?!
After the Dems took the House in the 2018 elections, the only thing that I thought that could get done was an infrastructure bill. I recall a $1 trillion infrastructure bill being discussed, but not $2 billion. REAL infrastructure though.

I overestimated the House Dems willingness to get something done b/c it would give Trump a win.

howeda7

Reaction score
After the Dems took the House in the 2018 elections, the only thing that I thought that could get done was an infrastructure bill. I recall a $1 trillion infrastructure bill being discussed, but not $2 billion. REAL infrastructure though.

I overestimated the House Dems willingness to get something done b/c it would give Trump a win.
Trump wanted 2 trillion. Big and bold! You were all in. Joe wants 2 trillion and he's a $%%%^ Commie who must be stopped.

KillerGopherFan

Reaction score
Trump wanted 2 trillion. Big and bold! You were all in. Joe wants 2 trillion and he's a $%%%^ Commie who must be stopped.
Find 1 post of mine that supported a $2 trillion infrastructure bill...or anything close.

The only spending that I’ve favored was what McConnell and the GOP Senate was advocating for. I was against Trump’s spending ideas before the election and after, including the $2K direct payments for individuals. I would’ve favor much more targeting and lower spending.

But please, go ahead and look for something contrary to the above. You’ll be wasting your time.

BarnBurner

Reaction score
Engorging unemployment is an attempt to addict people to the concept of univeral income. It is working and this could be the future. America is done. The Democrats have killed it. Our economy will fully resemble their souls. Vacant and dead.
The Democrats are rotten, and the Republicans smell equally horrid.

howeda7

Reaction score
Find 1 post of mine that supported a $2 trillion infrastructure bill...or anything close.

The only spending that I’ve favored was what McConnell and the GOP Senate was advocating for. I was against Trump’s spending ideas before the election and after, including the $2K direct payments for individuals. I would’ve favor much more targeting and lower spending.

But please, go ahead and look for something contrary to the above. You’ll be wasting your time.
I'm looking for a post where you called it out like you did with Biden, given it was the exact same amount and all. As a principled fiscal conservative, surely you did?!?

KillerGopherFan

Reaction score
I'm looking for a post where you called it out like you did with Biden, given it was the exact same amount and all. As a principled fiscal conservative, surely you did?!?
I don’t even recall Trump proposing a $2 trillion infrastructure bill. It’d be hard to do since I’m not even sure if or when it happened.

Yes, I would call out Biden, Pelosi, and Schumer for spending, not only for how much, but what’s in it.

Poor dodge howie. You can’t find a post of me allegedly supporting Trump for wanting to spend money, so we can conclude that I supported alleged spending.

How about you find a post of me supporting huge govt spending?

Top Bottom