Joe Biden’s $2 Trillion Infrastructure & Jobs Plan

scools12

Reaction score
Breaking News: People are more eager to spend others’ money. Shocking!
The way the question about corporations is phrased is fraudulent.

Tell those same people that increasing the taxes on corporations will be passed on to the consumer by price increases. Doubt the number in support would be as high as 53%.

justthefacts

Reaction score

Tell those same people that increasing the taxes on corporations will be passed on to the consumer by price increases. Doubt the number in support would be as high as 53%.

Glad to hear you oppose tariffs so vehemently.

justthefacts

Reaction score
Glad to hear you vehemently agree the poll question was fraudulent.
Xg6Fahv.gif

howeda7

Reaction score
It's funny because the tariffs are instantly added to the price of almost everything.

The % of companies who ran out and reduced prices when the corporate tax rate was cut was something far closer to zero than 100% and the % who will rush out and raise it is too (though it will more than the former.)

Spoofin

Reaction score
It's funny because the tariffs are instantly added to the price of almost everything.

The % of companies who ran out and reduced prices when the corporate tax rate was cut was something far closer to zero than 100% and the % who will rush out and raise it is too (though it will more than the former.)
Do you have a link? You do realize there are certain industries where reducing prices are common-place, right?

USAF

Reaction score

Just to be clear...it's your contention that corporations could raise prices now, but don't out of the goodness of their heart...correct?

howeda7

Reaction score
Just to be clear...it's your contention that corporations could raise prices now, but don't out of the goodness of their heart...correct?
The QOPers are so confused right now. They're "girlcotting" half of corporate America for calling out their racism and hurting their fee fees.

But they still have a visceral need to oppose the "Leftists" at all times so they must oppose raising the tax rate for the corporations they now hate.

justthefacts

Reaction score
The QOPers are so confused right now. They're "girlcotting" half of corporate America for calling out their racism and hurting their fee fees.

But they still have a visceral need to oppose the "Leftists" at all times so they must oppose raising the tax rate for the corporations they now hate.

Bob_Loblaw

Reaction score

You really think that's happening? I know tons of Conservatives and I don't know any of them that are "girlscotting" anything.

I don't mean this as an insult, but I think some folks on the left put too much stock into what a handful of right wing media types are typing about. In general, I think most Conservatives are less political than liberals. At least, I think it occupies less of their day. Like I don't think a late night talk show that was tilted more right would be successful.

Bob_Loblaw

Reaction score

I'm not shocked you're dumb enough to type this, I'm shocked at anyone other than Stocker was dumb enough to like this post.

It's not out of the kindness of their hearts. The corporate tax rate would be impacting each of their competitors, so everyone would now essentially have increased costs.

Corporate tax increases will absolutely increase the cost of goods/services. No one with even a basic understanding of economics would dispute this.

The question is if the increase in cost of goods/services is greater than or less than the benefits of the tax.

Bob_Loblaw

Reaction score
Glad to hear you oppose tariffs so vehemently.

For me, the question isn't opposing tariffs or supporting tariffs, it's whether or not the benefit will outweigh the cost.

Tariffs can certainly have benefits but I just can't imagine a scenario where a government would capitalize on those benefits from an economic perspective.

There is also an element of foreign relations/security. That's another question. But these things don't exist in a vacuum.

scools12

Reaction score

BlueAnon continuously making up stuff to push your narrative. I was simply referring to a poll question phrased to get a desired response.

I wasn’t some commentary on tariffs or opposing the corporate tax rate yet according to BlueAnon this is a “ visceral need” to oppose leftists.

Last edited:

Spoofin

Reaction score
You really think that's happening? I know tons of Conservatives and I don't know any of them that are "girlscotting" anything.

I don't mean this as an insult, but I think some folks on the left put too much stock into what a handful of right wing media types are typing about. In general, I think most Conservatives are less political than liberals. At least, I think it occupies less of their day. Like I don't think a late night talk show that was tilted more right would be successful.
If by "some folks" you mean the poster you responded to - you couldn't be more right. He determines what all "righties" think/believe/want based on twitter for the most part. If you disagree, you are lying and the World makes sense again. The bottom of the barrel.

Spoofin

Reaction score
A circle jerk over a pie graph with no details. America’s most gullible. Wow.

Section2

Reaction score

I don’t support taxing corporations at all. I don’t care if they are all progressive, I don’t support a single penny of tax on corps. Clear?

Section2

Reaction score
Trump's pie had only two slices as it turned out: Tax Cuts! 95%. Big, Beautiful Wall 5%.
Howie will not criticize this massive deficit spending. It’s Republicans fault that Biden wants to spend 6T. Don’t let this boot licking Nazi forget it.

howeda7

Reaction score
Howie will not criticize this massive deficit spending. It’s Republicans fault that Biden wants to spend 6T. Don’t let this boot licking Nazi forget it.
The COVID stimulus is the only thing that has passed. It was way bigger than it needed to be, but so was the one Trump passed. And they would have done another one if he'd be re-elected and you know it.

howeda7

Reaction score
I don’t support taxing corporations at all. I don’t care if they are all progressive, I don’t support a single penny of tax on corps. Clear?
Fine. Raise the top rate back to 39.6%, get rid of the pass-through loophole and tax dividends and capital gains as ordinary income.

Spoofin

Reaction score
The COVID stimulus is the only thing that has passed. It was way bigger than it needed to be, but so was the one Trump passed. And they would have done another one if he'd be re-elected and you know it.
DRINK

Section2

Reaction score
Fine. Raise the top rate back to 39.6%, get rid of the pass-through loophole and tax dividends and capital gains as ordinary income.
Question: in your opinion, the result of the above proposal will be to drastically raise tax revenue with few if any other effects on the economy, jobs, etc. correct? If this isn’t your position, which effects do you think it will have?

Top Bottom