Jason vs Tina

Livingat45north

Reaction score
Well, those two are about as opposite as you can get on pretty much everything. This will be interesting to watch...

Gophers_4life

Reaction score
Shouldn’t be that interesting. Jason Lewis is a blowhard that preaches to the choir and doesn’t attempt to change anyone’s mind or compromise.

He’s just an overgrown Dave Thompson.

JimmyJamesMD

Reaction score
We're already having this debate?

Can we move the house term from 2 to 4 years.

Then have a 1 term limit

saintpaulguy

Reaction score
Back when Jason had a local radio show on KSTP, I listened daily. I always appreciated the fact that he was not Rush--no dittos. He didn't want you on his side unless you understood the issue. When he went national, he lost that.

GopherJake

Reaction score
Back when Jason had a local radio show on KSTP, I listened daily. I always appreciated the fact that he was not Rush--no dittos. He didn't want you on his side unless you understood the issue. When he went national, he lost that.
I agree. I didn't always (seldom) agree with him, but I could mostly appreciate his viewpoint and that it came from a place of logic. He just had a differing perspective, which I appreciate and think we need. Haven't tracked him much since, but the reports aren't great, from what I hear. Too bad.

Gopherguy0723

Reaction score
We can close this thread. There is nothing to watch in this race. Jason Lewis is a bad candidate. He will get absolutely crushed.

The GOP has one hope in this state for statewide office: Stauber. Everyone else is a guaranteed loser. It's an extremely weak party in Minnesota.

howeda7

Reaction score
We can close this thread. There is nothing to watch in this race. Jason Lewis is a bad candidate. He will get absolutely crushed.

The GOP has one hope in this state for statewide office: Stauber. Everyone else is a guaranteed loser. It's an extremely weak party in Minnesota.
Logically, if he couldn't win his right-leaning CD in a mid-term, he can't win state-wide in a Presidential election year.

You might be right about Stauber, but the 8th district has gone pretty far to the right, more so than that state as a whole. He would still have a big uphill name recognition battle as well.

Gopherguy0723

Reaction score
Logically, if he couldn't win his right-leaning CD in a mid-term, he can't win state-wide in a Presidential election year.

You might be right about Stauber, but the 8th district has gone pretty far to the right, more so than that state as a whole. He would still have a big uphill name recognition battle as well.
Stauber can't win statewide in 2020. His timeline is longer. Bad idea to run against Walz in 2022.

howeda7

Reaction score
Stauber can't win statewide in 2020. His timeline is longer. Bad idea to run against Walz in 2022.
Honestly if you can't beat Keith Ellison in a state-wide race (or even come close) you have a long way to go.

Gopherguy0723

Reaction score
Honestly if you can't beat Keith Ellison in a state-wide race (or even come close) you have a long way to go.
Stauber isn't a lawyer. He's not running for AG. The other state offices are lower profile than his current position.

Dean S

Reaction score
Tina is a weak candidate and looks like she is already in trouble with members of the healthcare community for not understanding billing. She should have known better. This makes her vulnerable as a standing Senator because healthcare was part of her natural constituency. How dumb do you have to be to wreck that? Jason Lewis, if he played his cards right, could beat Tina. And, the state is purple, not blue. The state is a tossup and it is very possible for the DFL to get this election muddled up big time.

Gopherguy0723

Reaction score
Tina is a weak candidate and looks like she is already in trouble with members of the healthcare community for not understanding billing. She should have known better. This makes her vulnerable as a standing Senator because healthcare was part of her natural constituency. How dumb do you have to be to wreck that? Jason Lewis, if he played his cards right, could beat Tina. And, the state is purple, not blue. The state is a tossup and it is very possible for the DFL to get this election muddled up big time.
You're a smart guy, but you're off base on this one.

howeda7

Reaction score
Smith is mostly a boring, safe candidate. Minnesota is certainly purple enough to have an R Senate seat, but Jason Lewis? No. In a Presidential election year that currently looks like the Dem will carry MN by 10? Double no.

Gophers_4life

Reaction score
Smith is mostly a boring, safe candidate. Minnesota is certainly purple enough to have an R Senate seat, but Jason Lewis? No. In a Presidential election year that currently looks like the Dem will carry MN by 10? Double no.
/thread

Gophers_4life

Reaction score
Yeah, nice try Dean, but you're going to have to fantasize a lot harder than that if you think one little issue is going to sink Tina vs a guy like Jason Lewis.

Dean S

Reaction score
Your view is too myopic. Look at the forest, not the tree. Also, I'm guessing you are close to that issue through work.
Yes. I am close to that issue at work. Spot on.

As for Tina Smith, she won't win northern Minnesota or southern Minnesota. In the north, she is already on the wrong side of mining and energy. In the south, she is on the wrong side of healthcare. She doesn't know enough about her job to even say the magic words that will keep these voters from turning on her forever. And, by the way, my math works out just right. She may not win the suburbs as cleanly as some have suggested Democrats will gain there. I have the suburbs as toss up votes and that means that she remains vulnerable to a strong Republican challenger.

If he plays his cards right, he can take the suburbs and win.

I hate Jason Lewis as a candidate. But, I think he is a real threat to Tina Smith, who is a vulnerable Democratic freshman Senator.

howeda7

Reaction score

As for Tina Smith, she won't win northern Minnesota or southern Minnesota. In the north, she is already on the wrong side of mining and energy. In the south, she is on the wrong side of healthcare. She doesn't know enough about her job to even say the magic words that will keep these voters from turning on her forever. And, by the way, my math works out just right. She may not win the suburbs as cleanly as some have suggested Democrats will gain there. I have the suburbs as toss up votes and that means that she remains vulnerable to a strong Republican challenger.

I hate Jason Lewis as a candidate. But, I think he is a real threat to Tina Smith, who is a vulnerable Democratic freshman Senator.
She won 10 counties in northern MN in 2018. Housley was a stronger candidate than Lewis and she beat her by 10.

tikited

Me
Reaction score

Both sides just keep rolling out these terrible candidates election after election. Lewis is one of the worst.

Dean S

Reaction score
Last election isn't going to matter one bit. If Smith won 10 northern counties last time, it was because her opponent was even weaker. Neither candidate was attractive. This time, we have a weak former Congressman against a weak current Senator.

Ask yourself this question: am I a better candidate than Tina. Most people would answer yes. That is the simplest test of her vulnerability. Of course it is also true of Lewis. But, the question is who is going to stick their foot in mouth more often. And, right now, if Lewis just does a name recognition campaign, he wins. If he speaks, he loses. If she speaks, she will have no momentum. I think she is the most vulnerable Democrat in the country.

howeda7

Reaction score
Last election isn't going to matter one bit. If Smith won 10 northern counties last time, it was because her opponent was even weaker. Neither candidate was attractive. This time, we have a weak former Congressman against a weak current Senator.

Ask yourself this question: am I a better candidate than Tina. Most people would answer yes. That is the simplest test of her vulnerability. Of course it is also true of Lewis. But, the question is who is going to stick their foot in mouth more often. And, right now, if Lewis just does a name recognition campaign, he wins. If he speaks, he loses. If she speaks, she will have no momentum. I think she is the most vulnerable Democrat in the country.
Lol. Most vulnerable in the country? Doug Jones of Alabama says hi.

You obviously have something personal against Tina Smith. She is a boring, unremarkable Democrat in a blue leaning state. Jason Lewis is a far-right, controversial Republican in a blue leaning state. They will be running in a Presidential election year. Lewis has a massive uphill battle, and Smith probably isn't in the top 5 most vulnerable Dems.

bemidjigopher

Banned
Reaction score
She won 10 counties in northern MN in 2018. Housley was a stronger candidate than Lewis and she beat her by 10.
Sucking Phil Housley's dick doesn't make you a strong candidate, that was pretty much the theme of her campaign, that and her hatred of homosexuals. Lewis has a creep vibe to him, as long as the Dems carry the state for President, those same people will check the box next to Tina and she can keep being an ineffective Senator, just like she was an ineffective whatever she did before that

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

howeda7

Reaction score
Sucking Phil Housley's dick doesn't make you a strong candidate, that was pretty much the theme of her campaign, that and her hatred of homosexuals. Lewis has a creep vibe to him, as long as the Dems carry the state for President, those same people will check the box next to Tina and she can keep being an ineffective Senator, just like she was an ineffective whatever she did before that

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
I wasn't aware of that. Still probably had less negatives than Lewis would.

I have no strong opinion on Smith, but it does seem like Amy gets more done even while campaigning than Tina does.

Angry

Reaction score
Whenever all the libtards start talking about how bad a candidate is, the better he/she probably is

tikited

Me
Reaction score
Whenever all the libtards start talking about how bad a candidate is, the better he/she probably is
Lol. Anyone using that "title" is usually overally angry about most things.

Top Bottom