Jared can do it

short ornery norwegian

Reaction score
Back to original point of thread.

Kushner may very well be a smart, talented guy.

The point is (I think), that someone with Zero Gov't experience is now apparently or allegedly "in charge" of some of the biggest challenges facing the country.

Who knows - maybe the guy will turn out to be a miracle worker and accomplish everything on the to-do list.

But, you have to admit it's a bit of a gamble. You're entrusting a hell of a lot of responsibility to someone with very little relevant experience. I don't think negotiating a real estate deal necessarily prepares you to negotiate major aspects of foreign policy with heads of state and diplomats.

And - if everyone is being honest here - if the Democrats did something similar, the conservatives would be up in arms,too.

And - completely off topic. The St. Paul Saints minor league team is running a contest to name their pig mascot. I have the winner: "Donald J. Plump."

jamiche

Reaction score
Under the hypothetical scenario you described, truthfully would you have opened a thread with the same criticism? (I'm not defending the situation)
I would have been critical of it because it is ludicrous. However, I would not have had to open a thread because ghazi, deuce, dial up, less, galty, theguywhocan'twriteacompletesentencebutusesthenameofthegreatestreceiveringopherhistory, et. al., would have been breathing fire over the idea.

Section2

Reaction score
Back to original point of thread.

Kushner may very well be a smart, talented guy.

The point is (I think), that someone with Zero Gov't experience is now apparently or allegedly "in charge" of some of the biggest challenges facing the country.

Who knows - maybe the guy will turn out to be a miracle worker and accomplish everything on the to-do list.

But, you have to admit it's a bit of a gamble. You're entrusting a hell of a lot of responsibility to someone with very little relevant experience. I don't think negotiating a real estate deal necessarily prepares you to negotiate major aspects of foreign policy with heads of state and diplomats.

And - if everyone is being honest here - if the Democrats did something similar, the conservatives would be up in arms,too.

And - completely off topic. The St. Paul Saints minor league team is running a contest to name their pig mascot. I have the winner: "Donald J. Plump."
I'd love to see a link backing up the OP. Should be easy for Howie to prove that Jared is "in charge" of all of those things, rather than just involved, helping to work on it, advising, participating, etc.

GoodasGold

Reaction score
Coupled with these quotes? Yes, that is practically incest

When Donald Trump was watching his 16-year-old daughter Ivanka host the 1997 Miss Teen USA pageant, he turned to the then-Miss Universe and asked: “Don’t you think my daughter’s hot? She’s hot, right?”

In the almost 20 years since, Mr Trump has called his eldest daughter “voluptuous”. He’s said it’s OK to describe her as “a piece of ass”...And he’s said that, if she wasn’t his daughter, “perhaps [he’d] be dating her”.

On The Howard Stern Show, 2003

Donald Trump bragged about his then-22-year-old daughter’s body, saying: “You know who’s one of the great beauties of the world, according to everybody? And I helped create her. Ivanka.

“My daughter, Ivanka. She’s 6 feet tall, she’s got the best body. She made a lot money as a model—a tremendous amount.”

New York magazine interview, December 2004

On The Howard Stern Show, 2004

Mr Trump replies in the affirmative when host Howard Stern asks him if he can call Ivanka "a piece of ass”.

Trump: “My daughter is beautiful, Ivanka."

Stern: “By the way, your daughter…”

Trump: “ - she’s beautiful"

Stern: “Can I say this? A piece of ass.”

Trump: “Yeah.”

On The View, 2006

Donald and Ivanka appeared together on The View while promoting Season Three of The Apprentice, in which Mr Trump’s children featured for the first time as his advisors.

When asked how he would react if Ivanka, a former teen model, posed for Playboy, Trump replied, "It would be really disappointing — not really — but it would depend on what's inside the magazine."

He added: "I don't think Ivanka would do that, although she does have a very nice figure. I've said if Ivanka weren't my daughter, perhaps I'd be dating her."

“Isn’t that terrible? How terrible? Is that terrible?”

On The Howard Stern Show, October 2006

Stern remarks that Ivanka “looks more voluptuous than ever”, and asked if she has received breast implants. Trump engages in the discussion, saying she has not.

“She's actually always been very voluptuous,” Trump responds. “She's tall, she's almost 6 feet tall and she's been, she's an amazing beauty.”

Rolling Stone interview, September 2015

“After I met Ivanka and praised her to her father, he said, ‘Yeah, she's really something, and what a beauty, that one. If I weren't happily married and, ya know, her father . . .’”

On the Dr Oz show, September 2016

The Republican was discussing long-awaited details about his health, and was joined on stage for the pre-record by Ivanka. After they kissed, the host commented: “It’s nice to see a dad kiss his daughter.”

According to several studio witnesses, Mr Trump replied that he kisses Ivanka “with every chance [he] gets”. The comment was apparently edited out of the final cut of the show when it went to air.

In May, Ivanka Trump gave a lengthy interview to CBS News in which she said claims about her father’s conduct with women - specifically in the New York Times article in which it was alleged he asked people if they thought his daughter was “hot” - were “pretty disturbing”.

“I was bothered by it, but it’s [the story has] largely been discredited since,” she said.

She said she had “known my father obviously my whole life”, and said he was “not a groper”.

Link
Some people are saying he did, in fact, date her. IMG_0202.JPG

DougMN

Reaction score
Careful what you say about the First Lady.

Ignatius L Hoops

Reaction score
http://www.politico.com/story/2017/04/bannon-resign-mercer-trump-236939

The White House says this is "nonsense".

The man credited with honing Donald Trump’s populist message and guiding him into the White House has grown frustrated amid continued infighting in the West Wing, so much so that in recent weeks a top donor had to convince him to stay in his position.

Five people, including a senior administration official and several sources close to the president, tell POLITICO that Bannon, one of Trump’s closest advisers, has clashed with the president’s son-in-law Jared Kushner, who’s taken on an increasingly prominent portfolio in the West Wing. Bannon has complained that Kushner and his allies are trying to undermine his populist approach, the sources said.

Republican mega-donor Rebekah Mercer, a longtime Bannon confidante who became a prominent Trump supporter during the campaign, urged Bannon not to resign. “Rebekah Mercer prevailed upon him to stay,” said one person familiar with the situation.

Kuato Lives!

Delvin, MN
Reaction score
http://www.politico.com/story/2017/04/bannon-resign-mercer-trump-236939

The White House says this is "nonsense".

The man credited with honing Donald Trump’s populist message and guiding him into the White House has grown frustrated amid continued infighting in the West Wing, so much so that in recent weeks a top donor had to convince him to stay in his position.

Five people, including a senior administration official and several sources close to the president, tell POLITICO that Bannon, one of Trump’s closest advisers, has clashed with the president’s son-in-law Jared Kushner, who’s taken on an increasingly prominent portfolio in the West Wing. Bannon has complained that Kushner and his allies are trying to undermine his populist approach, the sources said.

Republican mega-donor Rebekah Mercer, a longtime Bannon confidante who became a prominent Trump supporter during the campaign, urged Bannon not to resign. “Rebekah Mercer prevailed upon him to stay,” said one person familiar with the situation.
FakeNews.

He was "reassigned" due to health issues. Many people have been saying for quite some time now that his health is not good.

Section2

Reaction score
Jared Kushner is currently in Iraq brokering peace in the Middle East.

He's also in charge of the upcoming visit with China.

US relations with Mexico.

And building the wall.

US relations with Canada

All trade deals.

Solving the opioid crisis

Infrastructure.

Fixing the VA

What a talented guy. I wonder what his training was? Anyway, having an untrained, un-vetted family member doing everything seems fine. We should save bigly eliminating all of these departments though and Rex Tillerson can take more naps.
Guess so.

Section2

Reaction score
Wolf is just a disinterested journalist.

here’s another gem

Top Bottom