Jacob Frey thoughts?

LakevilleBro

Reaction score
I am not a fan of Frey for many reasons, how about you?

tikited

Me
Reaction score
Worst mayor in Mpls in my lifetime by far.

Rickman55

Reaction score
I don’t live in Minneapolis, but from what I’ve seen and hear I think he’s doing a great job. I’ll be interested to know how many people commenting that they aren’t a fan or he’s the worst mayor actually live in Minneapolis.

tikited

Me
Reaction score
I don’t live in Minneapolis, but from what I’ve seen and hear I think he’s doing a great job. I’ll be interested to know how many people commenting that they aren’t a fan or he’s the worst mayor actually live in Minneapolis.
I'm one and I would take Fraser, Belton and Rybek over Frey in a heartbeat. I forgot about Betsy Hodges...she sucked big time but not as bad as Frey.

Section2

Reaction score
So far he's knocking it out of the park, I agree. Wait a minute, being told the city is currently on fire, so maybe not.

Minnesota

Reaction score
He’s a wimp. He should’ve been much harder on the police.

Minnesota

Reaction score
He fired them right away. Due process must take place. No way around that. He needed to be harder on the rioters....I mean protesters.
He gave a mealy-mouthed “both sides” statement that pleased no one. Play a stupid game, win a stupid prize.

BarnBurner

Reaction score
I think Frey is complicit in inciting riots and violence. His over the top histrionics are exactly the opposite of good leadership.
Agreed. Just a horrible job of leadership and controlling the situation.

Looters should be shot. Period. This behavior is a telling look for the “Community “

Minnesota

Reaction score

Looters should be shot. Period. This behavior is a telling look for the “Community “
You wouldn’t shoot anybody, because you are, in fact, a gigantic pussy.

theczar

Banned
Reaction score
Nincompoop, Commie, Schmuck...other than that he is possibly ok

saintpaulguy

Reaction score

Was the officer who killed George a member of the white community?

Blizzard

Reaction score

I think that's a little strong. Frey should have known to request from Walz that the National Guard standby immediately. Frey didn't want to militarize the situation when that was exactly what was needed. Now he's exacerbated the situation.

gopherjay

Reaction score
Frey thinks he is the champion of diversity and the hero of justice and equality for the oppressed in Minneapolis. Good for him but getting up on TV at a time when things were boiling up and indicting the police officer in question was an act of a fool and incited what happened and what will still happen. Instead of encouraging peace, calm and restraint, he gave those who wanted to lose control, the permission to do so.

scools12

Reaction score
Frey thinks he is the champion of diversity and the hero of justice and equality for the oppressed in Minneapolis. Good for him but getting up on TV at a time when things were boiling up and indicting the police officer in question was an act of a fool and incited what happened and what will still happen. Instead of encouraging peace, calm and restraint, he gave those who wanted to lose control, the permission to do so.
And similar to Gov Walz he never misses an opportunity to try and tell anyone who is listening just how “woke” he is.

Nokomis

Nothing To Say
Reaction score
Frey seems like his heart is in the right place but a terribly ineffective leader, especially during a crisis. I moved out of Mpls while Rybak was still mayor, so this is just my observation from afar.

tikited

Me
Reaction score
Frey seems like his heart is in the right place but a terribly ineffective leader, especially during a crisis. I moved out of Mpls while Rybak was still mayor, so this is just my observation from afar.
Rybek was really good imo.

gopherguy15

Reaction score
I live in Minneapolis. I don't have a single Minneapolis friend that likes him. He's been an attention whore since he took office, and his handling of everything this week has been awful.

forever a gopher

Reaction score
I moved out of Mpls a few years ago, under the Hodges regime, so I don't have a horse in the race. Hodges was our neighborhood representative prior to becoming mayor. I was on the neighborhood board, and she would come to all our meetings. Even being the very odd-duck of a conservative in Mpls, I liked her a lot. She was the head of the ways and means committee, and fiscally conservative. She was easy to talk to, and got things done for us. Then she became mayor and she was completely different than she was in her previous position. She was an epic disaster from a policy standpoint. I thought Frey seemed he had a chance when he was campaigning, as he was "pro business" (at least as much as you can be being a bleeding liberal). But he doesn't seem to be a very good leader or motivator, and seems rather anti-business from the moves that have been made.

Top Bottom