Isaiah Washington committed to GOPHERS!!!

gophersfan

Reaction score
Not sure if this was posted or not.

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

GopherWeatherGuy

Reaction score

gopherhoopsguy

Reaction score
Hell yes!! Read somewhere highest rated outstate recruit landed in history of the program. Wow impressive

GopherWeatherGuy

Reaction score

scools12

Reaction score
Nice get for the program. Need a good season to get things moving in the right direction.

Cayman

Reaction score

Big time commit for us! Hopefully this will be the end of people pining for Brad Davison.

Cayman

Reaction score
No, but we're still damn glad to have him.
Might be strictly referring to the "Rivals era," basically 1999 or so onward. I only started following Gopher basketball when Tubby got here, but I think most of Monson's big time recruits were from in-state. I wanna say Devoe Joseph and Ralph Sampson III were both close to the top 50 though.

stocker08

Reaction score
The team has plenty of talented players. Time to start putting it together on the court.

Awesome pickup. We've got a fantastic group of guards.

Gophers7NatTitlesBadgers0

New Orleans 2020
Reaction score
Hell yes!! Read somewhere highest rated outstate recruit landed in history of the program. Wow impressive
Before the Rivals/Scout/ESPN/247 era, Vo Lenard, Jayson Walton, and Courtney James were rated as good or better. Lenard was a borderline 5* (25-30) by Street&Smith and Athlon.

WindyCityGopher

Reaction score
Really excited to see Washington play as a Gopher! And I feel good for Kimani, who works his ass off in the NY area and finally reeled in a big fish. This will effectively send Wright to Dayton, which has ____ effect on his Champlin Park teammate and friend, John's commitment? It will be interesting to see if there's any correlation.

station19

Reaction score
Might be strictly referring to the "Rivals era," basically 1999 or so onward. I only started following Gopher basketball when Tubby got here, but I think most of Monson's big time recruits were from in-state. I wanna say Devoe Joseph and Ralph Sampson III were both close to the top 50 though.
Wow, a whole 17 years.:rolleyes:

Great pick-up. Bout time we start getting some good news around here.

BleedGopher

Reaction score

Go Gophers!!

jovs

Reaction score
Really excited to see Washington play as a Gopher! And I feel good for Kimani, who works his ass off in the NY area and finally reeled in a big fish. This will effectively send Wright to Dayton, which has ____ effect on his Champlin Park teammate and friend, John's commitment? It will be interesting to see if there's any correlation.
I'm afraid that playing time will end up being the issue with John or any other big in 2017, kids want to play out of the block and there might be a log jam for the 2017-2018 season as far as playing time is concerned even though it is wide open in 2018.

Have to see what happens this fall but a Juco in the spring for 2017 or a juco for 2018 might end up being the best option.

Lakers612

Reaction score
must watch video of Washington. Dude is an NYC hooper for sure. Awesome get. Shows reach of recruiting

MadtownGopher

Reaction score
I'm afraid that playing time will end up being the issue with John or any other big in 2017, kids want to play out of the block and there might be a log jam for the 2017-2018 season as far as playing time is concerned even though it is wide open in 2018.

Have to see what happens this fall but a Juco in the spring for 2017 or a juco for 2018 might end up being the best option.
What? Who is our stud center sitting in front of John? I guarantee you he'd get a lot of minutes as a freshman and would likely start as a sophomore if not sooner.

Cayman

Reaction score
What? Who is our stud center sitting in front of John? I guarantee you he'd get a lot of minutes as a freshman and would likely start as a sophomore if not sooner.
Lynch, Konate, and Gaston will all be seniors in John's hypothetical freshman year. I don't know how big a deal early playing time is to him. I feel like most coaches would try to avoid giving freshman big men a lot of minutes though, so I'm not sure we're at a disadvantage because of that. Plus, as mentioned, he could probably start for 3 years.

Top Bottom