Is Trump Commodus?

cncmin

Reaction score
Is Donald J. Trump the real-life version of the movie character Commodus, from Gladiator?

And can the gross corruption of Trump and Trumpism end if America does not have their Quintis: one person under his command with enough righteousness and power who is brave enough to stand up to him and simply say NO for the sake of doing what is right, for the good of us? (Bolton, Pompeo come to mind as potential Quintises.)

Last edited:

Ogee Oglethorpe

Over Macho Grande?
Reaction score
I think you meant to put this in the "what has caused the divide" thread as a prime example of why we are where we are; people attempting to connect dots like this.

cncmin

Reaction score
I think you meant to put this in the "what has caused the divide" thread as a prime example of why we are where we are; people attempting to connect dots like this.
If you've watched the movie you know damn well the similarity in their terribly flawed personalities is uncanny.

Edit: Here, according to Google, apparently this connection has been made by others; including this guy connecting DJT to the actual Commodus.
https://www.nybooks.com/daily/2019/08/06/america-is-not-rome-it-just-thinks-it-is/

Another:
https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2019/aug/24/donald-trump-emperor-rome-

Last edited:

KillerGopherFan

Reaction score
If you know the history of the real Commodus, it’s not like the movie version.

The true story of Commodus is told on the Netflix series Roman Empire. It is interesting.

Yes, this was a dumb thread.

bottlebass

Main Member
Reaction score

The true story of Commodus is told on the Netflix series Roman Empire. It is interesting.

I'll pass, too many Trump documentaries out there already. :)

cncmin

Reaction score

Yes, the point was that DJT is like the “Gladiators” version of Commodus, thus the movie clips and comparison to the movie character, AND THE OPENING PARAGRAPH TO THE OP.

KillerGopherFan

Reaction score
Yes, the point was that DJT is like the “Gladiators” version of Commodus, thus the movie clips and comparison to the movie character, AND THE OPENING PARAGRAPH TO THE OP.
And it was really stupid. So stupid I thought mnplsgopher posted it. But you’re sounding A LOT like him.

cncmin

Reaction score
which traits does he NOT share? Seriously. He even shares the desire for incest.

KillerGopherFan

Reaction score
Just answer the question.
Pretty sure Trump didn’t commit patricide, hasn’t had anyone killed, isn’t interested in incest, etc. I could go on about the huge differences that aren’t as dramatic, but why bother? You are incapable of accepting reality b/c of your TDS.

cncmin

Reaction score
Pretty sure Trump didn’t commit patricide, hasn’t had anyone killed, isn’t interested in incest, etc. I could go on about the huge differences that aren’t as dramatic, but why bother? You are incapable of accepting reality b/c of your TDS.
You say that as if he would NOT kill his enemies if he thought he could get away with it...and he’s already told the world he’d date Ivanka if she wasn’t his daughter. That isn’t weird to you? So are those the only differences between the two that you can find?

KillerGopherFan

Reaction score
You say that as if he would NOT kill his enemies if he thought he could get away with it...and he’s already told the world he’d date Ivanka if she wasn’t his daughter. That isn’t weird to you? So are those the only differences between the two that you can find?
I love how you lefties always convict Trump for things that you believe he would do if he could.

bigtenchamps1899

credulous skeptic
Reaction score
commodus had himself depicted wearing the skin of a lion to compare himself to hercules.

posted without comment:

Dean S

Reaction score
In the multiverse, I would think that the above depiction of Trump as warrior boxer could be true. But, as I look at him, I know that he has never been a well chiseled male alpha chimp. He is more like a orangutan that has grown old and fat.

OldBob53

Reaction score
I don't know about commodes for all of us, but I do know Trump is basically a stupid, blusterous bully who happens to have the launch codes handy.

Top Bottom