Irreconcilable Differences?

MplsGopher

Reaction score
These things are happening and you are in denial because of your hatred.
Those things never happened, and you lie to yourself about how they did happen. Because your mind craves messiah figures to worship.

It's a messiah-complex. You and billions of other humans on this planet suffer from it. It's a flaw in our biology.

Bad Gopher

A Loner, A Rebel
Reaction score
Let's frame things in the most bad faith manner possible and then claim the other side is full of monsters! Good job libs.
We know that the real monsters rip paper and wear tan suits.

Section2

Reaction score
We know that the real monsters rip paper and wear tan suits.
Bad, honestly, I have always liked you. You have completely lost it. I guess I can understand that you're personally upset about how the tax changes have hurt your finances.

Bad Gopher

A Loner, A Rebel
Reaction score
Bad, honestly, I have always liked you. You have completely lost it. I guess I can understand that you're personally upset about how the tax changes have hurt your finances.
Which of course is nothing compared to the migrant families who were broken up and their children sexually assaulted, sold into sex slavery, or adopted out illegally. I actually have it prettty good.

Section2

Reaction score
Which of course is nothing compared to the migrant families who were broken up and their children sexually assaulted, sold into sex slavery, or adopted out illegally. I actually have it prettty good.
But enough about the Obama administration.

bga1

Reaction score
But enough about the Obama administration.
Bad believes accusations when he is told of them by the proper tweeters and if they are about the proper people. If there are actual pictures (Obama cages) or tapes (Biden extortion of Ukraine), but it is about the wrong people, then he doesn't believe it.

MplsGopher

Reaction score
If there are actual pictures (Obama cages) or tapes (Biden extortion of Ukraine), but it is about the wrong people, then he doesn't believe it.
Because those are lies. I don't believe lies, either.

Bad Gopher

A Loner, A Rebel
Reaction score
Bad believes accusations when he is told of them by the proper tweeters and if they are about the proper people. If there are actual pictures (Obama cages) or tapes (Biden extortion of Ukraine), but it is about the wrong people, then he doesn't believe it.
That microwave still spying on you?

short ornery norwegian

Reaction score
Hi, let's talk politics.

I'll start. My side is 100% right, and your side is 100% wrong, corrupt and evil.

Now, let's have a discussion.

And people wonder why every thread on this board turns into name-calling and personal insults.

And please - no posts from either side that "my side is not as odious as the other side." If I am standing 1 foot deep in hog manure, and you are standing two feet deep in hog manure, there are no winners. Everybody stinks.

I am even more convinced that there will be some kind of a revolution/violent incident within the next 20 to 30 years that will result in a major re-orientation of politics in the US. Presuming that the US survives in something close to its present form. I just hope I'm dead by then, because when it happens, the stock market, Social Security, Medicare etc are going to go to hell in a handbasket. and I'm too damn old to stand in a bread line or beg for food.

ironically, the pro-gun crowd will be better off because they will have the ability to take what they need by force from people like me who will not be able to defend themselves.

Bad Gopher

A Loner, A Rebel
Reaction score
Hi, let's talk politics.

I'll start. My side is 100% right, and your side is 100% wrong, corrupt and evil.

And people wonder why every thread on this board turns into name-calling and personal insults.

And please - no posts from either side that "my side is not as odious as the other side." If I am standing 1 foot deep in hog manure, and you are standing two feet deep in hog manure, there are no winners. Everybody stinks.

I am even more convinced that there will be some kind of a revolution/violent incident within the next 20 to 30 years that will result in a major re-orientation of politics in the US. Presuming that the US survives in something close to its present form. I just hope I'm dead by then, because when it happens, the stock market, Social Security, Medicare etc are going to go to hell in a handbasket. and I'm too damn old to stand in a bread line or beg for food.

ironically, the pro-gun crowd will be better off because they will have the ability to take what they need by force from people like me who will not be able to defend themselves.
The thing I've frequently wondered is whether the polarization of the two primary parties reflects a polarization of the general population. In other words, are there only two types of people, and are there only binary positions on every issue, and does everyone really adhere to only one side or the other on each and every one of the issues? Or are people so easily influenced and tribal in nature that they go all in with one tribe or another out of some instinctive need to be in a camp?

This rhetorical question leads to the often asked question of whether we need a moderate party and whether anyone would actually join it, besides would it ever really stand for anything?

I've never joined either major party because I disagree with too many important platforms of each. The Republicans have made it easy for me to stay away from them by going completely batshit insane and malevolent over the past generation. I don't think I'll be voting in the primary, just because I'm not a member of the D party; on the other hand, I do have an interest in who they nominate. I'd be surprised if there weren't a lot of people like me out there. What's our place in the political order?

bga1

Reaction score
Hi, let's talk politics.

That's all well and good. Each side should be fact oriented rather than feelings oriented.

In some cases- it's not equal on both sides. Sorry- it just ain't. For example, we now know that the FBI corruptly, under Obama, spied on Trump. We also know that Mueller and a crew of Dems, corruptly continued an investigation on Trump when they knew, just days in, that the dossier, the underlying piece, was garbage. This is all on the record. Not opinion. But we have Adam Schiff and Nadler still talking about going after Trump on Russia. If they are going to operate like that- then that's it baby, there's not going to be - oh maybe everybody has to give a little. Nope, not happening.

I think that there are a lot of corrupt Rs who have been taking advantage of government power and have become weasels. But there are also a lot of them who have been true to public service. I see almost none of that on the Dem side. They are led by corrupt people who have completely lost their way to the point where I don't trust a thing they say.

The best thing that can happen to America and even for the Dems is a sound thrashing of the Dems in November across the board. Then perhaps a little soul searching will return them to being an honest alternative with ideas to make American great again. Maybe the Dems will start dropping the AOC, Tlaib, Schiff and Pelosi types and get back to being honest public servants. Until then, your post was very nice and kind but, no sale. The Dems are corrupt and are out to sell our nation down the river to globalism.

LesBolstad

Reaction score
The best thing that can happen to America and even for the Dems is a sound thrashing of the Dems in November across the board. Then perhaps a little soul searching will return them to being an honest alternative with ideas to make American great again. Maybe the Dems will start dropping the AOC, Tlaib, Schiff and Pelosi types and get back to being honest public servants. Until then, your post was very nice and kind but, no sale. The Dems are corrupt and are out to sell our nation down the river to globalism.
It's so disappointing the lack of Dems who are actually taking a stand against the "Squad" types who are taking the party so far left. There is not one Dem POTUS candidate who is arguing moderate policy (I understand they would have no chance).

Section2

Reaction score
The main difference between left and right is this:
The right thinks the left is at best well intentioned but misguided, at worst stupid
the left thinks the right is at best selfish, racist and uncaring, at worst pure evil

If people on the left can't or won't recognize that people on the right for the most part want the same things they do, just accomplishing them a different way, there can be no unification.

Section2

Reaction score
I feel like this may have already been posted, but it's still an informative read if you missed it

howeda7

Reaction score
I've never joined either major party because I disagree with too many important platforms of each. The Republicans have made it easy for me to stay away from them by going completely batshit insane and malevolent over the past generation. I don't think I'll be voting in the primary, just because I'm not a member of the D party; on the other hand, I do have an interest in who they nominate. I'd be surprised if there weren't a lot of people like me out there. What's our place in the political order?
I'm pretty much with you on this. Since there is no viable 3rd party, pick the one that is the least insane and try to save it. Do you need a hint at which one it is currently? And vote in the $%^ primary because if you don't, the whackos in both parties win.

bga1

Reaction score
I'm pretty much with you on this. Since there is no viable 3rd party, pick the one that is the least insane and try to save it. Do you need a hint at which one it is currently? And vote in the $%^ primary because if you don't, the whackos in both parties win.
LOL! There isn't a viable 2nd party right now- yours is 75% whackos. The Dems have proposed the "New Way Forward" bill which says that illegals would not be able to be deported for criminal acts. Falsifying a passport would be totally immune from deportation. Insane. You two are fun to watch!

MplsGopher

Reaction score
The thing I've frequently wondered is whether the polarization of the two primary parties reflects a polarization of the general population. In other words, are there only two types of people, and are there only binary positions on every issue, and does everyone really adhere to only one side or the other on each and every one of the issues? Or are people so easily influenced and tribal in nature that they go all in with one tribe or another out of some instinctive need to be in a camp?

This rhetorical question leads to the often asked question of whether we need a moderate party and whether anyone would actually join it, besides would it ever really stand for anything?

Anger is the quintessential human motivation. Apathy is the quintessential human demotivation.

An angry mob of 1000 people easily drowns out 50,000 apathetic voters. Over f__king trash cans.

People who believe in political extremes, do so fervently and with urgency. They donate big. They froth at the mouth.

Moderates are the antithesis of that. That’s why the party would fail. Not because it’s wrong politically. It’s correct. But because there wouldn’t be fervent, religious-style thinking underpinning it.

That’s what propping up the current extremists in the two big parties. That’s why extremist candidates get the most support and donations.

Herd

Reaction score
When there’s a dem in the White House, things were civil. The party of uncivil, childish behavior is rather obvious now isn’t it. It used to be you voted for policies, and the individual person didn’t matter that much (it’s still that was for me). I ask my Dem friends (there response), so you’re for bigger government (we’ll no), higher taxes (no), more gun control (no), reigning in of religious freedom (no), less focus on US and more World involvement (no), pro choice (no), etc, etc,etc. But you’re a dem? (Yes, I don’t like Trump). Idiots

There’s a lot of so called Dems (especially DFL farmers in MN) who support Rep policies but are living in the past. A Dem in the White House will wake them up someday to the reality of DFL liberal policies.

saintpaulguy

Reaction score
I assign you to read the President's Twitter account for two days, and tell me about civility. The idea that he responds only in kind to provocation is really fantastical thinking.

bga1

Reaction score
I assign you to read the President's Twitter account for two days, and tell me about civility. The idea that he responds only in kind to provocation is really fantastical thinking.
I assign you to read the twitter accounts of "journalists (MSM)", ex deep staters who have been axed (such as McCabe, Brennan, Comey, Strzok, Lisa Page and others) and current Dems in Congress and then tell us all about civility. If they want civility act like it. That's not what they want. They want surrender, just as the Rs always had done in the past. They don't get it and it makes them crazy.

When Obama (who was publicly very civil) wanted a message out, he used the echo chamber media to carry his water. He could act all nice about things and let them drop the hammer. As for me, I would prefer that the President comes out and says what he thinks rather than deceive the American people (as Obama did) use the press for propaganda (as Obama did) and spy on the enemies of the administration to keep them in line (as Obama did).

If Trump was completely civil with his twitter account, he would accomplish nothing with it. The media would never cover what he said on twitter. When he tweets with directness, they think it is crazy and the cover it- which then makes people have to deal with the information. Some then hate Trump all the more, others get what he is saying. He was right about the witch hunt. He was right about Obama spying. He was right about the fake news and the dishonesty of the media. We all know that.

He SHOULD stay away from fights with idiots like Rosanne Barr, etc. And for the most part, I think he is doing a better job of that.

Bad Gopher

A Loner, A Rebel
Reaction score
LOL! There isn't a viable 2nd party right now- yours is 75% whackos. The Dems have proposed the "New Way Forward" bill which says that illegals would not be able to be deported for criminal acts. Falsifying a passport would be totally immune from deportation. Insane. You two are fun to watch!
^^^Case in point, howie

MplsGopher

Reaction score
Civility:
No, just because someone says something you don’t like, doesn’t mean they aren’t being civil.

Just another example of you using your own definition of words. Like your blatantly false use of secular as a synonym of atheism.

Section2

Reaction score
Which Dems are proposing this? Has it passed the House?
All I know is that any legislation or proposal can be safely ignored if all of the below conditions are met:
1) Democrats are proposing it
2) it's not "realistic" or likely to pass
3) it is embarrassing to Democrats

bga1

Reaction score
No, just because someone says something you don’t like, doesn’t mean they aren’t being civil.

Just another example of you using your own definition of words. Like your blatantly false use of secular as a synonym of atheism.
Of course. And that would work in reverse regarding Trump. Most all of the "uncivil" things he says- turn out to be quite true, despite the faux shock of the media and snowflakes when they first hear it.

MplsGopher

Reaction score
Most all of the "uncivil" things he says- turn out to be quite true
Truth, including and especially unpleasant truth, can be told civility, gracefully, and honorably .... presidentially. Concept that Trump can’t comprehend.

And then there’s the just plain meanness, vulgarity, and lack of intelligence in word choice, spelling, and grammar. Just a huge turn off, regardless of anything else.

Top Bottom