Irreconcilable Differences?

saintpaulguy

Reaction score
If you are suggesting we end social security I’m all in. Take that boomers!

bga1

Reaction score
If you are suggesting we end social security I’m all in. Take that boomers!
Go for it. Just make sure that the government sends everyone back the money they and their employers have put in. I'm good with it. All of these programs create more bad behavior than they do good.

jamiche

Reaction score
Okay, whatever you say. How "about smaller country rights?" That work for ya?
Nope. "States Rights" is only pushed by people who want to maintain entrenched white power.

jamiche

Reaction score
Go for it. Just make sure that the government sends everyone back the money they and their employers have put in. I'm good with it. All of these programs create more bad behavior than they do good.
Your tax cut was another government program that created bad behavior, humble beggar. Instead of giving workers raises and reinvesting in plants and equipment, corporations used the tax cuts for stock buybacks.

howeda7

Reaction score
Doesn't work that way. If you want it ended, it's ended. Think of the fiscal responsibility! Think if the deficit reduction! Oh right, you don't actually care about those things.

Section2

Reaction score
Number of clinics, mostly. That plus waiting periods keeps the rate down, which is what was intended. My point is that I don't think people think rationally in terms of "well, I can/can't have sex right now, because abortion".
How on earth is number of clinics a barrier? Blame planned parenthood. They get federal $$ and are the darlings of Hollywood and the left and spend a boatload on political contributions.
Abortion and birth control have had radical effects on our society, relationships, and families. If people weren’t ever thinking rationally it would have had no change.

Crosby

Reaction score
Nope. "States Rights" is only pushed by people who want to maintain entrenched white power.
Oh, ok. Seems very odd. Cuz I like states rights and I don't want to "maintain entrenched white power." But it is ever so helpful when people clarify for me what is in my heart/brain. Thanks.

This, my friends, is a perfect example of what has pushed me away from voting Democrat. You cannot have a discussion without someone quickly playing the identity politics card.

bga1

Reaction score
Doesn't work that way. If you want it ended, it's ended. Think of the fiscal responsibility! Think if the deficit reduction! Oh right, you don't actually care about those things.
Ha! A leftist speaking of fiscal responsibility... :)

Section2

Reaction score
The pro-life movement would not, if it had the power, to ban abortion federally? States rights movements mostly are based on the immediately possible, and rarely on principle. Same sex marriage and cannabis activists suddenly discovered states rights too, and most are full on lefties.
"States Rights" is code for white power, bing.
chefs kiss

howeda7

Reaction score
Ha! A leftist speaking of fiscal responsibility... :)
A Trumpster calling anyone who doesn't bow to Dear Leader "leftist."

While you were singing the praises of "evil disgusting" Mitt Romney in 2012, I was voting for Ron Paul.

Section2

Reaction score
A Trumpster calling anyone who doesn't bow to Dear Leader "leftist."

While you were singing the praises of "evil disgusting" Mitt Romney in 2012, I was voting for Ron Paul.
Howie, ladies and gentlemen. The quintessential post.

mjfelton15

Reaction score
I generally think that makes sense. Maybe 10 different nations would work. The constitutions of these nations, modeled basically on the U.S. constitution, would have to be different enough to give people clear choices. I would agree with free trade as an absolute among these new countries. And I would agree with the concept of a common military. Free movement of people? Yes, like Europe I guess. But individual countries would have to have the right to set their own immigration and citizenship policies. And they would have to have the right to secure borders if they felt it was necessary. Not arguing one side or the other on immigration; it is just one of those hot button, divisive issues where people would need clear choices.
I’d love Minnesota so much more if the liberals freely moved away. I’ve been wishing for years that they’d go infect Wisconsin some more.

saintpaulguy

Reaction score
Any of the former states of the Confederacy will take your custom

Top Bottom