Inside Hillary Clinton’s Secret Takeover of the DNC

bga1

Reaction score
This has Special Prosecutor written all over it. The Howie’s of the world will say this is old news b/c it’s history. No less history than their accusations about Trump and alleged collusion.

The question isn’t did Hillary and her campaign violate the law, it’s which laws did she violate. Just add this to the list with Uranium One and the Email scandals.
Rosenstein won't appoint one because he is going to be complicit. Sessions seems to be immobilized by recusals. I like Sessions but he has been a bad choice by Trump. Needed a pit bull- got a poodle.

KillerGopherFan

Reaction score
Rosenstein won't appoint one because he is going to be complicit. Sessions seems to be immobilized by recusals. I like Sessions but he has been a bad choice by Trump. Needed a pit bull- got a poodle.
Trump operates with a process of a business owner that says “this is what I believe and what I want, get it done”. Unfortunately, the formalities of the law that are designed to ensure fair and rational processes don’t always permit for a simple, unencumbered process.

AG Sessions gets into a meeting and gets a ton of legal advice and opinions, few of which Trump is interested in, and finds that if he ignores “the process” that it will derail the objective that he and Trump may share. As a private business owner, Trump has often had the authority to ignore process that he finds inconvenient. That is not the case, nor should it be, in running the government.

Remember how you felt when Obama ignored the law, later to be rejected by the Supreme Court in some cases, and did what was expedient. It’s no way to lead the country. I want the holders of office operating on “the peoples” terms and not their own.

JimmyJamesMD

Reaction score
Sessions has been HORRIBLE! I think he's been compromised. Trump hired him due to loyalty. Hard to blame him, but makes you wonder if they ever had a talk. If Trump would have asked, Sessions would have told him his top priorities were increasing the war on drugs, specifically weed, AND increasing civil asset forfeiture. Trump then could have said, "thanks for your support, but i need a different AG"

Section2

Reaction score
I don't particularly care about the inter-party bickering of the DNC. Just because I think they are the lesser of two train-wrecks at the moment doesn't require me to care or defend their every action. You don't seem to share this view.
But they clearly aren't the lesser. It's not even close. I just thought with the centrist constructive criticism you regularly level at the GOP, you might have something to say about this $hit show.

Section2

Reaction score
You guys need to settle down. What Clinton did is not illegal. Not even close. It is simply disgusting.

What she did is also normal practice after a nominee is determined. She didn't violate a single law by agreeing to a joint fundraising agreement. Trump signed on too. So did, Romney, Obama, McCain, Bush, etc.

All campaigns also take over the national committees once a nominee is determined. Again, it's not illegal to do so before a nominee. It's just unethical as hell.
This happened August 2015, right?

I don't know if laws were broken, but the corruption and ethics are on full display. And this is going to push the entire party sharply left, not a good thing at all, no matter where you sit. Republicans should take no joy in this.

KillerGopherFan

Reaction score
You guys need to settle down. What Clinton did is not illegal. Not even close. It is simply disgusting.

What she did is also normal practice after a nominee is determined. She didn't violate a single law by agreeing to a joint fundraising agreement. Trump signed on too. So did, Romney, Obama, McCain, Bush, etc.

All campaigns also take over the national committees once a nominee is determined. Again, it's not illegal to do so before a nominee. It's just unethical as hell.
Except that it ties Hillary more closely to the funding of the Trump dossier b/c Hillary and the DNC were virtually one in the same, which may have violated campaign laws.

I find it amazing that you’re willing to acknowledge her lack of ethics when it comes to her actions with the DNC, but ignore her potentially unethical behaviors otherwise.

The Clintons are corrupt to the bone and nothing they do surprises me. It’s all about them and they don’t give a crap about others. THAT is why she lost. People sense that about them, and Hillary especially.

Gopherguy0723

Reaction score
This happened August 2015, right?

I don't know if laws were broken, but the corruption and ethics are on full display. And this is going to push the entire party sharply left, not a good thing at all, no matter where you sit. Republicans should take no joy in this.
100% correct.

Gopherguy0723

Reaction score
Except that it ties Hillary more closely to the funding of the Trump dossier b/c Hillary and the DNC were virtually one in the same, which may have violated campaign laws.

I find it amazing that you’re willing to acknowledge her lack of ethics when it comes to her actions with the DNC, but ignore her potentially unethical behaviors otherwise.

The Clintons are corrupt to the bone and nothing they do surprises me. It’s all about them and they don’t give a crap about others. THAT is why she lost. People sense that about them, and Hillary especially.
I voted for Hillary because I'm not a looney toon lefty like Bernie. Biden was my guy, but he didn't run.

justthefacts

Reaction score
Absolutely disgusting. I'm sure Brazile is doing this for her own advantage as well.

I wonder if this is part of the reason why Biden didn't run, along with his son. Biden was the best choice, and he would have not only won more overall votes than Hillary, but he also would have won the electoral college.
She has a book coming out on Tuesday. Purely a coincidence, I'm sure.

justthefacts

Reaction score
This has Special Prosecutor written all over it. The Howie’s of the world will say this is old news b/c it’s history. No less history than their accusations about Trump and alleged collusion.

The question isn’t did Hillary and her campaign violate the law, it’s which laws did she violate. Just add this to the list with Uranium One and the Email scandals.
What crime was committed? She didn't violate the campaign laws by spending DNC money.

KillerGopherFan

Reaction score
Sessions has been HORRIBLE! I think he's been compromised. Trump hired him due to loyalty. Hard to blame him, but makes you wonder if they ever had a talk. If Trump would have asked, Sessions would have told him his top priorities were increasing the war on drugs, specifically weed, AND increasing civil asset forfeiture. Trump then could have said, "thanks for your support, but i need a different AG"
I’m generally in favor of the Trump agenda, but this isn’t a private business. He doesn’t get to do things like it’s his business.

When Trump undermines his own Cabinet and staff, he is undermining their ability to get his agenda accomplished. Trump is reactive and aggressively so. Everybody, besides Gen Kelly, can’t be a F up just b/c Trump says so. General Kelly is, thankfully, Trump’s conscience now and it has tempered his natural instinct to take shots at his advocates. Be Patient and things will get done.

justthefacts

Reaction score
That's a completely separate issue, though. What laws were broken in the story from the OP?

I agree that the Clinton Campaign should have reported all of that. Of course, everyone hoping that Clinton go to prison should realize that's not how it typically works. For instance: http://www.cnn.com/2016/11/21/politics/fec-trump-violations/index.html

Or: http://thehill.com/homenews/administration/341922-watchdogs-to-doj-trump-jr-meeting-broke-campaign-finance-laws

KillerGopherFan

Reaction score
Absolutely disgusting. I'm sure Brazile is doing this for her own advantage as well.

I wonder if this is part of the reason why Biden didn't run, along with his son. Biden was the best choice, and he would have not only won more overall votes than Hillary, but he also would have won the electoral college.
Brazile is doing this to distance herself from the Clintons as she was exceptionally tight with them. Even Hannity surprisingly says that he thinks Brazile has ethics and why she is coming forward.

Yeah, it’s to “her own advantage”, but not just to sell her book. It’s so she has a future in the Democrat Party b/c the Clintons future is rapidly disappearing.

Unfortunately, that leaves Lefty wingnuts, like Bernie and Liz Warren, taking the Dems farther to the left and alienated a portion of their old base.

Bad Gopher

A Loner, A Rebel
Reaction score
I haven't seen you do anything in the past year but defend, deflect and mock anyone who dares point out the "well-known funny business surrounding her and Bill". I mean, as long as James Comey & the FBI decided not to prosecute here, it must all be nonsense right?
For the love of effing Pete. I would think you'd exercise restraint on attacking the few people on this board who get where you're coming from and sort of understand it.

What I would hope for from you is some measure of discernment. If Infowars reported that Hillary was eating live children in the basement of a sushi restaurant that had no basement, you'd take it to the bank without questioning it. Do you ever wonder for a moment where your credibility went? Donald Trump is a con man, a grifter, someone who doesn't know himself the difference between truth and lie and doesn't care. It doesn't matter because, with everything he says, he creates more of the alternate universe that his followers live in and build their lives around. How can you possibly wonder why people look at that behavior and completely dismiss it as irrational and meaningless?

KillerGopherFan

Reaction score
That's a completely separate issue, though. What laws were broken in the story from the OP?

I agree that the Clinton Campaign should have reported all of that. Of course, everyone hoping that Clinton go to prison should realize that's not how it typically works. For instance: http://www.cnn.com/2016/11/21/politics/fec-trump-violations/index.html

Or: http://thehill.com/homenews/administration/341922-watchdogs-to-doj-trump-jr-meeting-broke-campaign-finance-laws
I don’t know what you’re referring to in “the OP”. I’m referring to the story I linked.

IMO, the Uranium One has a ton of questionable actions, the email scandal and its suspect investigation, and the Trump dossier deserve a thorough investigation by someone non-partisan and unconnected to the current players in the FBI, CIA, Obama admin, etc.

If there were “equal justice under the law”, Hillary wouldve been charged in the email case, imo.

I’m uncertain that unethical Clinton actions can be proven and put her behind bars, but an examination needs to shed light on the ethics of the processes that permitted and new processes, and maybe new laws, be put in place to avoid these conflicts in the future.

justthefacts

Reaction score
I don’t know what you’re referring to in “the OP”. I’m referring to the story I linked.

IMO, the Uranium One has a ton of questionable actions, the email scandal and its suspect investigation, and the Trump dossier deserve a thorough investigation by someone non-partisan and unconnected to the current players in the FBI, CIA, Obama admin, etc.

If there were “equal justice under the law”, Hillary wouldve been charged in the email case, imo.

I’m uncertain that unethical Clinton actions can be proven and put her behind bars, but an examination needs to shed light on the ethics of the processes that permitted and new processes, and maybe new laws, be put in place to avoid these conflicts in the future.
The entire thread was about the Brazile accusations in the Original Post (OP) and you were even responding to a post on that topic when you said, "This has Special Prosecutor written all over it." But then when asked about those crimes you linked to a completely unrelated article.

GopherJake

Reaction score

Isn't it also a form for free-association/free market? That is, if the DNC wants to unethically get in bed with someone, it's up to the voters to realize this an vote them out? Any political party does this at its own peril, does it not?

To be clear, like 0723, I am not defending the practice. I'm suggesting that it isn't undermining our democracy. The people get to decide if it's bad politics or not. Don't they?

TruthSeeker

Reaction score
Isn't it also a form for free-association/free market? That is, if the DNC wants to unethically get in bed with someone, it's up to the voters to realize this an vote them out? Any political party does this at its own peril, does it not?

To be clear, like 0723, I am not defending the practice. I'm suggesting that it isn't undermining our democracy. The people get to decide if it's bad politics or not. Don't they?
Political spending caps was always a joke. The people who screamed about Citizens United had no clue. This has been happening for decades. This loophole has been around forever.

KillerGopherFan

Reaction score
The entire thread was about the Brazile accusations in the Original Post (OP) and you were even responding to a post on that topic when you said, "This has Special Prosecutor written all over it." But then when asked about those crimes you linked to a completely unrelated article.
Special prosecutor b/c of the Trump dossier and her connections to initiating it. IMO, it was the straw that broke the camel’s back.

This is the title of the story I linked: “Clinton, DNC connections to Trump dossier funding could create election law issues”

I would’ve been ok with the FBI investigation of Hillary’s email setup if I felt it was done in earnest, but now it makes sense to do a S.P. to look at all of her activities. Once scandal becomes a trend, it deserves a thorough investigation.

cncmin

Reaction score
Political spending caps was always a joke. The people who screamed about Citizens United had no clue. This has been happening for decades. This loophole has been around forever.
Then the loopholes(s) should have been closed, not the floodgates opened.

justthefacts

Reaction score
Just curious, when a party puts its thumb on the scale in the primary process, is that still outrageous or nah?

Ski U Mah Gopher

Member of the Tribe
Reaction score
Just curious, when a party puts its thumb on the scale in the primary process, is that still outrageous or nah?
Are you talking about Jennifer Carnahan's fear of embarrassing Trump, which has led to a ballot of just Trump with no write-in space?

monk10

Golden Gopher
Reaction score
You notice I never race in here to insult you? Why is it you are so angry at me and so obsessed with me, because frankly, you're barely on my radar.
Too much effort to stop focusing on BadGopher to turn on someone else? Low energy?

OldBob53

Reaction score
It all goes back to Vince Foster, found dead in Ft. Marcy park.

Top Bottom