Infowars and RW Media

cncmin

Reaction score
This guy worked for Alex Jones for years. He decides he had enough, and tells his story about Alex Jones, Infowars, and what it's like on the inside.

I Worked for Alex Jones. I Regret It.

More on InfoWars:
Antidote to a 'Post-Truth' Age

In the video, he sits at a table, much as he sits behind the desk on his flagship “The Alex Jones Show,” but he is not in charge of the production. Instead, he is compelled to answer the questions of a young attorney named Mark Bankston (offscreen and unseen), who over the course of more than three hours meticulously deconstructs the world that Jones has conjured for his audience.

Bankston seems less interested in the “whys” of Jones’s universe — the ultimately unsolvable riddle of how fully Jones believes what he says on the air — than he is in the “hows”: the way information gets chopped and screwed on Infowars, distended and looped and played back into the public discourse. In a way, it’s an examination of the whole unstable architecture of influence in today’s politics. When a particularly cancerous meme surfaces in Trump’s Twitter feed, or when white supremacists suddenly materialize en masse in the streets of a college town, the operative question now always seems to be: Where the hell did that come from?

It's just a performance

This, of course, is relevant in the wake of Jones’s child custody case―his lawyer has argued that Jones is a “performance artist” who is “playing a character.” His lawyer went so far as to say that judging Jones for his outlandish commentary “would be like judging Jack Nicholson in a custody dispute based on his performance as the Joker in Batman.”
The conservative entertainment world now is probably where professional wrestling was then. Sophisticated viewers realize that (to paraphrase Duke from the movie Rocky) it’s a damn show, not a damn fight. But a lot of regular Americans are still hoodwinked.
It’s one thing to sincerely believe the theories you spout out for public consumption (some people do), but it’s even worse to do it solely for fawning attention and a fat paycheck.

Last edited:

KillerGopherFan

Reaction score
Good. Shut him down. I’ve literally never heard a thing from Jones except when he attacked Rubio in the halls of the Senate building in 2015.

His impact on the Republican Party is damn near zero. And that’s probably too much credit.

cncmin

Reaction score
Good. Shut him down. I’ve literally never heard a thing from Jones except when he attacked Rubio in the halls of the Senate building in 2015.

His impact on the Republican Party is damn near zero. And that’s probably too much credit.
The misinformation people like Jones create infects people like you, and spreads like an uncontrollable virus from the source, through diseased carriers like yourself, across social media, and up through FOX News and the megaphones of the Republican Party. And that's why all of this is so very important. Whether or not you trust Alex Jones himself, you put faith in the rumors and mis/disinformation originally sourced from people like this and the wide shrapnel cast therefrom, and it's controlling the political discourse in this country. The clown-and-manure-show that is the Republicans (excepting a few legitimate folks, such as Will Hurd) during these impeachment hearings is a direct and horrific descendant of this disease.

Last edited:

KillerGopherFan

Reaction score
The misinformation people like Jones create infects people like you, and spreads like an uncontrollable virus from the source, through diseased carriers like yourself, across social media, and up through FOX News and the megaphones of the Republican Party. And that's why all of this is so very important. Whether you trust Alex Jones himself, you put faith in the rumors and mis/disinformation originally sourced from people like this and the wide shrapnel cast therefrom, and it's controlling the political discourse in this country.
I’ve literally have NEVER seen anything attributed to, before or after a report, to Alex Jones on Fox News. But if you could produce some evidence of that, any evidence of that, I’d be happy to consider it. Good luck!

cncmin

Reaction score
Conservatives trust "conservative" media. Here's why (Columbia Journalism Review):
https://www.cjr.org/tow_center/conservatives-trust-conservative-media-heres-why.php

As scholars at Harvard’s Berkman Klein Center for Internet and Society recently demonstrated, online political polarization has developed asymmetrically. The online right-wing mediasphere tends to be more self-referential and insular, with conservative media producers and consumers more likely to link to or cite other conservative media outlets, and less likely to interact with professional, mainstream journalism sites, than their centrist, liberal, or leftist counterparts.

There is good reason for this insularity and asymmetry. Since its outset, the modern conservative movement has framed its various alternative media outlets as providing truths elided by high-modern professional journalistic conceptions of objectivity, fairness, and balance. Belief in a “liberal media” has both made conservatives more skeptical of professional journalism and—because of their reliance on movement-backed or ideology-reinforcing media sources to fill in the gaps of mainstream media reporting—more prone to misinformation campaigns and conspiracy theories. In other words, conservatives are more likely to believe “fake news.”

Stylistically, conservatives have become accustomed to the news values developed by tabloid newspapers and television programming. There is a rich history of conservative commentary employing high-brow style and a rational-critical deliberative tone (see especially William F. Buckley, but also more recently Ben Shapiro), but commercially successful conservative news sources (from talk radio to Fox News) have tended to employ more populist rhetoric than do comparable sources on the liberal-left.

A theme that has emerged is that many conservative news consumers feel strongly that their personal identity, as conservative, is under assault by liberals and liberal institutions. Many interviewees believe that liberals see conservatives as deeply morally flawed and seek to humiliate them and exclude them from any legitimate place in political discourse.

Conservative news amplifies these beliefs by focusing on stories that reinforce them. The intense feelings of threat can make any criticism of conservative politicians or policies—whether lodged by news commentators or celebrities—appear tied to efforts to humiliate conservatives. This is part of what makes the overarching story told by conservative news compelling to its audiences: Not only is so much at stake in terms of political outcome, but also the political contest is pitched as a battle with forces striving to degrade and shame the very conservative identity shared among the audience.

Last edited:

howeda7

Reaction score

You've "never heard of him" the way Trump "doesn't know" Prince Andrew. Your friend Beeg has proudly cited Infowars as a source of real truth in the past.

howeda7

Reaction score
I’ve literally have NEVER seen anything attributed to, before or after a report, to Alex Jones on Fox News. But if you could produce some evidence of that, any evidence of that, I’d be happy to consider it. Good luck!
By the time it reaches Fox News it's filtering through one of the "expert" guests you gush over and can recite by heart.

cncmin

Reaction score
That's the whole point. The rumors, the disinformation, the misinformation are started in places like InfoWars, Talk Radio, Russian troll farms, etc. The rumors evolve, and end up in "mainstream" RW media places like FOX News, which - especially now that they've full-blown gone into employment of Talk Radio personalities - and now in concert with the entire Republican Party fully intertwined with RW media, simply feed gullible sponges like you the garbage that you then spew from your keyboard into posts onto, e.g., here, and all over social media, comment boards, and everywhere else you spread the stench. The garbage then becomes a new reality, believed by the rest of the gullible garbage sponges; and we get to a point where you manure spreaders can no longer be convinced that you are wrong no matter how many clear and obvious facts are thrown in your direction.

Last edited:

KillerGopherFan

Reaction score
That's the whole point. The rumors, the disinformation, the misinformation are started in places like InfoWars, Talk Radio, Russian troll farms, etc. The rumors evolve, and end up in "mainstream" RW media places like FOX News, which - especially now that they've full-blown gone into employment of Talk Radio personalities - and now in concert with the entire Republican Party fully intertwined with RW media, simply feed gullible sponges like you the garbage that you then spew from your keyboard into posts onto, e.g., here, and all over social media, comment boards, and everywhere else you spread the stench. The garbage then becomes a new reality, believed by the rest of the gullible garbage sponges; and we get to a point where you manure spreaders can no longer be convinced that you are wrong no matter how many clear and obvious facts are thrown in your direction.
Pulled out of your ass again. No proof needed. Just cncmin ‘out of his ass’ theories.

You’re pathetic.

KillerGopherFan

Reaction score
But you're a garbage spreader.
Instead of making gross, overly broad claims about nothing, try disputing my posts with facts that contradict my claims. That seems to be a challenge for you.

cncmin

Reaction score
Instead of making gross, overly broad claims about nothing, try disputing my posts with facts that contradict my claims. That seems to be a challenge for you.
Reference posts #73 and #76, just tonight, of which you are directly involved:
Ironic. You're not the brightest of bulbs, are ya?

KillerGopherFan

Reaction score
Reference posts #73 and #76, just tonight, of which you are directly involved:
Ironic. You're not the brightest of bulbs, are ya?
You’re getting great at name-calling. It’s virtually all you have.

A real keyboard bully. You must feel really good about yourself tonight.

KillerGopherFan

Reaction score
But you're a garbage spreader.
Here’s a challenge for you big shot. You’re so full of knowledge, take this bet.

Trump loses re-election, I’m off the OTB forever. Trump wins re-election, you’re off the OTB forever.

How about it...big shot?

cncmin

Reaction score
Here’s a challenge for you big shot. You’re so full of knowledge, take this bet.

Trump loses re-election, I’m off the OTB forever. Trump wins re-election, you’re off the OTB forever.

How about it...big shot?
Huh? So if I predicted Trump would win in 2016, and have recently claimed on this very board that I think - especially with Russian help - that he might pull it off again, then why would I make that bet? You're so very dim.

Here's a more realistically achievable deal: If you can start a new thread on here that provides a list of at least 10 distinctly different lies that Donald Trump has told, and explain why they are lies, both in your own words and with at least one link per item to a credible fact-checking source, then I will give you credit in that thread and stay away from this board for two weeks thereafter.

Last edited:

cncmin

Reaction score
You’re getting great at name-calling. It’s virtually all you have.

A real keyboard bully. You must feel really good about yourself tonight.
Dealing with a ridiculous fool like you is pretty frustrating, to be honest. So no, I don't feel very good tonight. Thanks for keeping my faith in the goodness and intelligence of mankind low, you big meanie.

KillerGopherFan

Reaction score
Huh? So if I predicted Trump would win in 2016, and have recently claimed on this very board that I think - especially with Russian help - that he might pull it off again, then why would I make that bet? You're so very dim.
If everything that you post here is so true, there’s no way Trump can win 2020.

Or...most of it is bullshit.

Which is it?

KillerGopherFan

Reaction score
Dealing with a ridiculous fool like you is pretty frustrating, to be honest. So no, I don't feel very good tonight. Thanks for keeping my faith in the goodness and intelligence of mankind low, you big meanie.
That time of the month?

cncmin

Reaction score
If everything that you post here is so true, there’s no way Trump can win 2020.

Or...most of it is bullshit.

Which is it?
???
Look dude, you're cluttering up the boards with inane garbage; and my interactions with you are also cluttering up the board. Enough. Let's both go get some sleep. And I'll pray that by some god-given miracle, you wake up tomorrow morning with a lot more common sense than you displayed today.

KillerGopherFan

Reaction score
???
Look dude, you're cluttering up the boards with inane garbage; and my interactions with you are also cluttering up the board. Enough. Let's both go get some sleep. And I'll pray that by some god-given miracle, you wake up tomorrow morning with a lot more common sense than you displayed today.
Pussy

Ogee Oglethorpe

Over Macho Grande?
Reaction score
I'm too lazy to look, just what the f'k is info wars? And who reads/watches it?

ROCK

Banned
Reaction score
cnc completed his certification. He is an accredited PhD-M.

howeda7

Reaction score

How about it...big shot?
If Trump loses, I suspect many of his online followers will "disappear" and re-emerge as "traditional conservatives" who never really like him anyway but love them some Nicki Haley.

bga1

Reaction score

Here's a more realistically achievable deal: If you can start a new thread on here that provides a list of at least 10 distinctly different lies that Donald Trump has told, and explain why they are lies, both in your own words and with at least one link per item to a credible fact-checking source, then I will give you credit in that thread and stay away from this board for two weeks thereafter.
Russian help!! LOL. You might be the dumbest person on the planet- which in your world, will soon be flooded over because of the Artic melt off. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

monk10

Golden Gopher
Reaction score
I'm too lazy to look, just what the f'k is info wars? And who reads/watches it?
If you read CRG posts then you have a good sense of what it is and for sure who reads/watches it. Between him and Cruze they are my favorite creative writers on this board.

KillerGopherFan

Reaction score
If Trump loses, I suspect many of his online followers will "disappear" and re-emerge as "traditional conservatives" who never really like him anyway but love them some Nicki Haley.
Yeah, it worked so well for Gopher4Life alias MnplsGopher alias MplsGopher. Next is MGopher.

Ogee Oglethorpe

Over Macho Grande?
Reaction score
If you read CRG posts then you have a good sense of what it is and for sure who reads/watches it. Between him and Cruze they are my favorite creative writers on this board.
I could probably venture a guess, for sure. But is something called info wars even remotely patronized or followed by any major portion of the populace?

My primary point was, it's often bandied about on this board by folks like howie and cinnebon like it's as common a source of news and information for righties as something like Fox News and that's just plain stupid and ridiculous.

Then again, I don't even watch Fox News so maybe I'm the wrong person to ask. It just struck me that for how often it's mentioned here, I can't believe there are very many people that follow/read/watch it.

Top Bottom