Ilhan Omar is a 'Qatari asset,' Florida court hears

Blizzard

Reaction score
This isn't something that I've heard about but it's interesting nonetheless:

Congresswoman Ilhan Omar (D-Minnesota-5th) was recruited by a foreign government, received funding from a foreign government, and passed sensitive information through intermediaries to Iran, a Florida court has been told.

The claims came during testimony by Kuwati-born Canadian businessman Alan Bender, who was giving evidence in the trial of Sheikh Khalid bin Hamad al-Thani. The Qatari emir's brother stands accused of ordering his American bodyguard to murder two people, and of holding an American citizen hostage. His deposition, obtained by Al Arabiya English, was authenticated by the attorney for the plaintiffs, according to the publication.

justthefacts

Reaction score
Not sure how much sense the following passage makes. Why would she have been a target at that point?

kellyleeks

GH Hall of Fame '10
Reaction score
This isn't something that I've heard about but it's interesting nonetheless:

Congresswoman Ilhan Omar (D-Minnesota-5th) was recruited by a foreign government, received funding from a foreign government, and passed sensitive information through intermediaries to Iran, a Florida court has been told.

The claims came during testimony by Kuwati-born Canadian businessman Alan Bender, who was giving evidence in the trial of Sheikh Khalid bin Hamad al-Thani. The Qatari emir's brother stands accused of ordering his American bodyguard to murder two people, and of holding an American citizen hostage. His deposition, obtained by Al Arabiya English, was authenticated by the attorney for the plaintiffs, according to the publication.

It’s highly likely that it’s not true, but I wouldn’t be that surprised if it was.

GoodasGold

Reaction score
If it is true, there is Good chance Giuliani is involved.

kellyleeks

GH Hall of Fame '10
Reaction score
I would support creating two new boards, one for Pro/Other Sports, and one explicitly for Politics. Start over from scratch.
Study your history. That’s how we got in this mess in the first place. Was so much better when it was only the fb and bb board. Much more fun. Looking back it was the beginning of the cancel culture. Started here at GH.

MplsGopher

Reaction score
Politics have absolutely no place in sports forums, or the family dinner table for that matter.

Dean S

Reaction score
Study your history. That’s how we got in this mess in the first place. Was so much better when it was only the fb and bb board. Much more fun. Looking back it was the beginning of the cancel culture. Started here at GH.
I have been cancelled out so many times, they created the block function. Nobody will read this.

bottlebass

Main Member
Reaction score
No body forces you to read tOTB...

Bad Gopher

A Loner, A Rebel
Reaction score
Of course, people should just continue to believe everything they hear and read.

Top Bottom