IG Report Into Russia Inquiry

MplsGopher

Reaction score
KGF, you're not able to write a single post without insulting someone or some thing that you hate. Really sad, for a guy as smart as you.

Section2

Reaction score
Beeg's long-awaited IG report is a huge nothing burger. Team MAGA, Hannity and co. look like fools again. Thoughts and prayers.
Hated it when Barr gave a summary of Mueller.
Loves it when “someone” gives a summary of IG report.
What could the common thread be? Clearly that Bill Barr is a liar.

cncmin

Reaction score
Hated it when Barr gave a summary of Mueller.
Loves it when “someone” gives a summary of IG report.
What could the common thread be? Clearly that Bill Barr is a liar.
Are you suggesting that he isn’t?

Costa Rican Gopher

Mind of a Scientist
Reaction score

The NYT is perhaps the least reputable source available in 2019, but I will humor you anyway. How do you reconcile the following:

"The Justice Department’s inspector general found no evidence that the F.B.I. attempted to place undercover agents or informants inside Donald J. Trump’s campaign in 2016 as agents investigated whether his associates conspired with Russia's election interference operation, people familiar with a draft of the inspector general’s report said."

"The F.B.I. did have an undercover agent who posed as Mr. Halper’s assistant during a London meeting with Mr. Papadopoulos in August 2016."

#Journalisms.

saintpaulguy

Reaction score
I hope you get what you want for your birthday, but you should imagine it will be socks.

justthefacts

Reaction score
The NYT is perhaps the least reputable source available in 2019, but I will humor you anyway. How do you reconcile the following:

"The Justice Department’s inspector general found no evidence that the F.B.I. attempted to place undercover agents or informants inside Donald J. Trump’s campaign in 2016 as agents investigated whether his associates conspired with Russia's election interference operation, people familiar with a draft of the inspector general’s report said."

"The F.B.I. did have an undercover agent who posed as Mr. Halper’s assistant during a London meeting with Mr. Papadopoulos in August 2016."

#Journalisms.
Do you know what "inside Donald J. Trump's campaign" means? Let's start with this: do you know what "inside" means?

justthefacts

Reaction score
ATTENTION!

ATTENTION!

PLEASE DEPLOY PROCEDURE 934B!

REPEAT: PLEASE DEPLOY PROCEDURE 934B!

WE ARE NOW DISAVOWING HOROWITZ!

REPEAT: WE ARE NOW DISAVOWING HOROWITZ!

PLEASE STAY TUNED WHILE WE DETERMINE WHETHER TO DEPLOY PROCEDURE 934C, IN WHICH WE ALL CLAIM HOROWITZ IS A OBAMA HOLDOVER DEEP STATE NEVERTRUMPER PARTISAN HACK!

KillerGopherFan

Reaction score
Oh, so you mean the House Democrats might actually let him testify in front of a House committee?

Let’s see what he has to say. Reasonable legal minds can disagree. But if he is questioned by either Senate or House committees, he’s going to have some tough questions to answer. And, of course, the MSM will contort whatever is said to excuse the Obama administration for judgment errors that can’t be proven to be corrupt.

I’m sure that will see a bunch of lefties be outraged when Durham makes criminal charges against a few lefty operatives.

saintpaulguy

Reaction score
And, of course, the MSM will contort whatever is said to excuse the Obama administration for judgment errors that can’t be proven to be corrupt.
Or, what the Trumpists call "complete and total exoneration". No collusion!

howeda7

Reaction score
Lyin Bill Barr has no shame. But we knew this already. Pathetic. He should resign and officially become Trump's personal lawyer, which is all he's been doing anyway. They have an excellent track record of facing criminal charges for doing their client's bidding.

Reaction score
This is an illuminating article from RCP. What I took away from it: the scope of the IG’s report (confined to being within the walls of the FBI) vs the breadth of the Ukraine story.

Article seems well cited. It filled me in on a lot I didn’t understand about the Ukraine saga: DNC server, Crowdstrike, Biden.

MplsGopher

Reaction score
Lyin Bill Barr has no shame. But we knew this already. Pathetic. He should resign and officially become Trump's personal lawyer, which is all he's been doing anyway. They have an excellent track record of facing criminal charges for doing their client's bidding.
Bill Barr was never qualified to do the job. He was simply hand-picked by Trump's staff. Why should any American believe or trust a single thing he says?

MplsGopher

Reaction score
This is an illuminating article from RCP. What I took away from it: the scope of the IG’s report (confined to being within the walls of the FBI) vs the breadth of the Ukraine story.

Article seems well cited. It filled me in on a lot I didn’t understand about the Ukraine saga: DNC server, Crowdstrike, Biden.
Written by some attorney in Pittsburgh, who in August wrote an article for RCP titled "Why the Dem Media Lies About Charlottesville".

Hard pass.

howeda7

Reaction score
The official report is out and is a huge nothing-burger. Thoughts and Prayers to Beeg and co.

justthefacts

Reaction score
Horowitz basically says that non-compliance with procedures is widespread in the FBI, further undercutting the idea that Carter Page or Trump were subject to particularly harsh treatment:

bga1

Reaction score
Horowitz basically says that non-compliance with procedures is widespread in the FBI, further undercutting the idea that Carter Page or Trump were subject to particularly harsh treatment:

Trust the FBI, trust the FBI, trust the FBI...........! Wait no, I meant that the whole organization is corrupt so we can't really be sure that they were going after Trump! Nothing to see here! :) LOLOLOL

So predictable that you would attempt this. Each day it is exciting to see if you will reach new heights of dishonesty. As to that you almost never disappoint!

BarnBurner

Reaction score
Trust the FBI, trust the FBI, trust the FBI...........! Wait no, I meant that the whole organization is corrupt so we can't really be sure that they were going after Trump! Nothing to see here! :) LOLOLOL

So predictable that you would attempt this. Each day it is exciting to see if you will reach new heights of dishonesty. As to that you almost never disappoint!
justnofacts and howie are on the same plane with respect to dishonesty.

Costa Rican Gopher

Mind of a Scientist
Reaction score

Kind of shoots a hole in your "How dare you question the integrity of the FBI" narrative, doesn't it?

This is consistent with what I've always believed. I've maintained that the spying didn't begin with Trump, that it'd been going on since early in the Obama admin. Obama followed the fasco-Communist handbook, and weaponized the intel agencies, NSA, various govt agencies like the IRS/FDA/HHS, the Senate, as well as the military to a degree. In fact, I don't even think Trump was the only Republican candidate Obama spied on in 2015-2016.

I think Trump was a unique threat because they realized he could win, and after he did, he had the power & information to expose it all. Virtually everyone not purged by Obama in those eight years is complicit, and stands to be exposed.

Deleted_User

Reaction score
Kind of shoots a hole in your "How dare you question the integrity of the FBI" narrative, doesn't it?

This is consistent with what I've always believed. I've maintained that the spying didn't begin with Trump, that it'd been going on since early in the Obama admin. Obama followed the fasco-Communist handbook, and weaponized the intel agencies, NSA, various govt agencies like the IRS/FDA/HHS, the Senate, as well as the military to a degree. In fact, I don't even think Trump was the only Republican candidate Obama spied on in 2015-2016.

I think Trump was a unique threat because he had the power to expose it all. Virtually everyone not purged by Obama in those eight years is complicit, and stands to be exposed.

I think Trump was a unique threat because he had the power to expose it all. Virtually everyone not purged by Obama in those eight years is complicit, and stands to be exposed.
I don't think it pokes holes in the question of integrity. That is a whole different value you are questioning.

justthefacts

Reaction score

I think Trump was a unique threat because they realized he could win, and after he did, he had the power & information to expose it all. Virtually everyone not purged by Obama in those eight years is complicit, and stands to be exposed.
Please provide links to said narrative.

You realize the sample of cases extended to Sept 2019?

Costa Rican Gopher

Mind of a Scientist
Reaction score
Well, well, well. We finally get to see the redacted footnotes included in the IG Report. The FBI knew Steele's sources were Russian intel operatives and believed much of the dossier was Russian misinformation designed to divide America. Only problem is they used it anyway to try and take down the President of the United States & then the Mueller team buried it. This thread is a fun read given the new information.

FBI’s ‘central evidence’ To Spy On Trump Campaign Was Russian Disinformation, Declassified IG Footnotes Reveal

bga1

Reaction score
Well, well, well. We finally get to see the redacted footnotes included in the IG Report. The FBI knew Steele's sources were Russian intel operatives and believed much of the dossier was Russian misinformation designed to divide America. Only problem is they used it anyway to try and take down the President of the United States & then the Mueller team buried it. This thread is a fun read given the new information.

FBI’s ‘central evidence’ To Spy On Trump Campaign Was Russian Disinformation, Declassified IG Footnotes Reveal
And the Mueller team buried it.... That's an excellent and stunning point (to the general public) and it makes the Mueller team crooked to the core. Not sure old Bob knew what was going on, or maybe his appearance in Congress was an act to remove himself from culpability.

This begs the question why Mueller at this stage of his life chose to do this. Was he chosen because he has a name but was no longer competent so they could just use him? Or did he have past misdeeds involving spying that he wished to continue to have buried?

Top Bottom