If only the Trumpster had as much class as the political hacks he hired for his administration

Cruze

Reaction score
READ: Gordon Sondland's statement on being recalled from his post

President Donald Trump fired key impeachment witness Gordon Sondland on Friday, along with Lt. Col. Alex Vindman.

Sondland, who has served as US ambassador to the European Union, announced his dismissal Friday evening in the following statement:

"I was advised today that the President intends to recall me effective immediately as United States Ambassador to the European Union

"I am grateful to President Trump for having given me the opportunity to serve, to Secretary Pompeo for his consistent support, and to the exceptional and dedicated professionals at the U.S. Mission to the European Union. I am proud of our accomplishments. Our work here has been the highlight of my career."

https://www.cnn.com/2020/02/07/politics/gordon-sondland-recalled-statement/index.html

MplsGopher

Reaction score
Would be awesome if a Dem wins 2020 to make one of the first actions a public announcement of putting all these people back to work Europe! (y)

bga1

Reaction score
READ: Gordon Sondland's statement on being recalled from his post

President Donald Trump fired key impeachment witness Gordon Sondland on Friday, along with Lt. Col. Alex Vindman.

Sondland, who has served as US ambassador to the European Union, announced his dismissal Friday evening in the following statement:

"I was advised today that the President intends to recall me effective immediately as United States Ambassador to the European Union

"I am grateful to President Trump for having given me the opportunity to serve, to Secretary Pompeo for his consistent support, and to the exceptional and dedicated professionals at the U.S. Mission to the European Union. I am proud of our accomplishments. Our work here has been the highlight of my career."

https://www.cnn.com/2020/02/07/politics/gordon-sondland-recalled-statement/index.html
I bet you loved George W Bush!

bga1

Reaction score
And you didn't, hypocrite?
Of course I did, you ding dong! I am angry at him for not fighting like Trump does against your den of thieves, but Bush was a really good man, just too mushy. The point was, it isn't really an issue that Trump is a big meanie to any of you guys. Bush was super nice and you hated him too. The fact is, you hate Trump because he keeps beating you at every turn.

Now, I pose a question for you and the other two lefty hacks here. Let's say you have someone that you really think is working against you and you are the President. Let's say the guy is Devin Nunes or Jim Jordan and you KNOW he is trying to undermine you....Are you saying you wouldn't fire him?

Dean S

Reaction score
Whatever happened to the Civil Service Act. People get hired not by political patronage, but by merit. Then again, whatever happened to not terminating an employee of the government for their political affiliation or lack thereof? Apparently, Trump wants to end the Civil Service Act.

Dean S

Reaction score
If I had a chance to fire Jim Jordan, I would do so with a few thousand of my friends.

bga1

Reaction score
Whatever happened to the Civil Service Act. People get hired not by political patronage, but by merit. Then again, whatever happened to not terminating an employee of the government for their political affiliation or lack thereof? Apparently, Trump wants to end the Civil Service Act.
If I had a chance to fire Jim Jordan, I would do so with a few thousand of my friends.
:)

MplsGopher

Reaction score
Trump wants to run the country like a Mob boss.

And he is succeeding at that. Enabled by the messiah-complex of his supporters.

Reaction score
The real credit belongs to Schiff for brains for exposing them. It really expedited matters.

OldBob53

Reaction score
The scary/sad thing is that Americans are becoming inured to Trump's autocratic ways. These firings are just the latest in a long, long list of abuses.

howeda7

Reaction score
I don’t recall any outrage on this board when Obama purged 197 military officers over a five year period.
How many of them were fired as retribution for whistle blowing on Obama's illegal activities?

bga1

Reaction score
"Republican senators" -which ones? Burr? LOL Schmidt is an all in Dem liar and has been the entire Trump term. He has been fed info from the coup plotters the whole time and been a willing errand boy.

Sondland was eager to be done. The left was threatening to do damage to him via a boycott of his hotels and his testimony got silly from then on. This article shows a hint of what they were up to.

The Dems are dirty. All of the time. The media is in the tank for them. All of the time. Lethal concoction for America.

howeda7

Reaction score
"Republican senators" -which ones? Burr? LOL Schmidt is an all in Dem liar and has been the entire Trump term. He has been fed info from the coup plotters the whole time and been a willing errand boy.

Sondland was eager to be done. The left was threatening to do damage to him via a boycott of his hotels and his testimony got silly from then on. This article shows a hint of what they were up to.

The Dems are dirty. All of the time. The media is in the tank for them. All of the time. Lethal concoction for America.
All of them. All the time, eh?

Reaction score
How many of them were fired as retribution for whistle blowing on Obama's illegal activities?
Vindman served in his capacity at the pleasure of the president. Vindman could be relieved for any reason or no reason. Lieutenant Colonels don’t make or modify foreign policy, they stay in their lane and execute the mission. He circumvented the chain of command by going to outside counsel and that in and of itself is grounds for relief. Vindman will be probably get off easy. A career ending bad OER (officer evaluation report) will kill any chance at promotion. He has most likely better than 20 years in, so he’ll have an opportunity to fulfill his lifetime dream of owning and operating a Krispy Kreme franchise.

Costa Rican Gopher

Mind of a Scientist
Reaction score
Vindman served in his capacity at the pleasure of the president. Vindman could be relieved for any reason or no reason. Lieutenant Colonels don’t make or modify foreign policy, they stay in their lane and execute the mission. He circumvented the chain of command by going to outside counsel and that in and of itself is grounds for relief. Vindman will be probably get off easy. A career ending bad OER (officer evaluation report) will kill any chance at promotion. He has most likely better than 20 years in, so he’ll have an opportunity to fulfill his lifetime dream of owning and operating a Krispy Kreme franchise.
Vindman also told Ukrainian officials to ignore Trump foreign policy & do what he told them instead. Insubordination. Bye.

saintpaulguy

Reaction score
This is all true. Except probably the donut part.

howeda7

Reaction score
That's true. Any reason except in retaliation for being a whistle blower. If he was bad at his job, you'd think Trump would have removed him long ago. Not immediately after the impeachment trial.

Last edited:

Bad Gopher

A Loner, A Rebel
Reaction score
Didn't Sondland get the gig because he donated 7 figures to the campaign? I'd kill to interview the guy; I wonder who if anyone will.

Costa Rican Gopher

Mind of a Scientist
Reaction score
That's true. Any reason except in retaliation for being a whistle blower. If he was bad at his job, you'd think Trump would have removed him long ago. Not immediately after the impeachment trial.
1st off Vindman didn't get fired. He was transferred. His job was to advise and assist the POTUS in his foreign policy with Ukraine. Instead he worked against POTUS. He bypassed military chain-of-command and was insubordinate to the POTUS, by telling Ukraine not to work with Trump.

Top Bottom