Guns and Ammo sales through the roof

Plausible Deniability

Coffee is for closers
Reaction score
Nothing sells more guns and ammo than a liberal Prez, especially when it's backed by a liberally owned media and House/Senate.

Hard to find ammo right now, and guns are in short supply too. What you can find is priced super high. Just like back when the Big O got elected, ammo and gun sales skyrocketed. I remember back in 2008, there were guys that knew when the damn trucks were arriving at Wal-Mart that had the new stock of .22 ammo and they were scooping it up and they even started limiting how much you can buy at one point.

There was a little of this in 2016 when everyone thought Hilldawg was going to win. The difference this time is it's even getting tough to buy just a standard hunting rifle and ammunition in the more common calibers; .308, .300 WM, .270 and of course .22 and .22 ammo is about impossible to find without spending some serious cash. Good luck getting your hands on any reasonable amount of 9mm ammo right now.

Some of us were smart enough to start picking up what they needed slowly but surely during 2020 but it's still kind of frustrating to see the prices go this high... again

Wally

Reaction score
They have been sold out for the last year due to Covid and BLM...

LesBolstad

Reaction score
I don't understand why these ammo shortages last so long. That .22 thing was crazy- it was a couple years before stores were stocked. I can see a few months of shortage while Mfg. ramp up production to catch up to demand, but years? I suppose there is lots of hoarding going on, which sucks.

MplsGopher

Reaction score
This is a thing that has been proposed for a long time: let people own as many guns as they want, and just focus on making ammo very difficult to get.

Tax the hell out of it. Make it like buy a pack of cigs.

"Then people will just start making their own". That's fine. Let them. It will still curb it, because it's still costs you time/effort to do, rather than just buying it.

Wally

Reaction score
This is a thing that has been proposed for a long time: let people own as many guns as they want, and just focus on making ammo very difficult to get.

"Then people will just start making their own". That's fine. Let them. It will still curb it, because it's still costs you time/effort to do, rather than just buying it.
Lots of people in the country shoot for entertainment. Target, trap, skeet ect. Its not realistic.

I say legalize grenades, who wants to just shoot flares from their grenade launcher???

MplsGopher

Reaction score
Lots of people in the country shoot for entertainment. Target, trap, skeet ect.
They do, and I support them. I'm not a gun enthusiast myself, but I am friends with some who are. People who own multiple AR's, because they like to do that. Again, I have no problem with that.

John Galt

Reaction score
I don't understand why these ammo shortages last so long. That .22 thing was crazy- it was a couple years before stores were stocked. I can see a few months of shortage while Mfg. ramp up production to catch up to demand, but years? I suppose there is lots of hoarding going on, which sucks.
My guess is companies are hesitant to ramp up production too much because they know it’s a short-term phenomenon.

FormerFatOL

Reaction score

This (tax) is probably the most likely route in the future that's still constitutional. I enjoy target shooting, trap and some hunting, but realize this probably eventually happens. It's still preferable to outright banning. However, I don't think there's much chance of significant gun control passing in the Senate anytime soon. There are plenty of states that traditionally vote Blue in statewide races that have a strong gun owning population/tradition. Minnesota and Michigan are just a couple off the top of my head. The most gun crazy guy I know is a partisan Democrat. There's a lot people like him in MN.

Nokomis

Nothing To Say
Reaction score
The cynic in me thinks this is all just a marketing ploy by gun & ammo manufacturers. And then I take a step back and realize it's all just a marketing ploy by gun & ammo manufacturers.

FormerFatOL

Reaction score
The cynic in me thinks this is all just a marketing ploy by gun & ammo manufacturers. And then I take a step back and realize it's all just a marketing ploy by gun & ammo manufacturers.
Always good to be skeptical, but there were over 8 million first-time gun buyers in 2020. They all buy a lot of ammo. Add that to existing gun owners buying more guns, and that's a huge increase in demand. The FBI processed +34% more background checks than the previous record in 2016. It's not a ploy.

Wally

Reaction score
Always good to be skeptical, but there were over 8 million first-time gun buyers in 2020. They all buy a lot of ammo. Add that to existing gun owners buying more guns, and that's a huge increase in demand. The FBI processed +34% more background checks than the previous record in 2016. It's not a ploy.
Its not due to Biden tho. My wife wanted me to go get my guns or buy one when Covid was hitting. My guns are currently locked in the gun safe at my parents house which is fine with me as I only hunt with my dad and have no good place to store them at my house.

Nokomis

Nothing To Say
Reaction score
Right. But why the increased demand? OP says nothing sells more guns & ammo than a liberal Prez with similar jumps for Big O and Hilldawg. PD has been stocking up over the past year in anticipation of increased demand and is now upset about price gouging. Do you think the increased demand is due to an actual threat by a liberal Prez or a perceived threat manufactured by the gun lobby? I'm going with the marketing ploy.

Triple D

Reaction score
Buy VSTO stock, support local businesses....give them a shot

FormerFatOL

Reaction score
Its not due to Biden tho. My wife wanted me to go get my guns or buy one when Covid was hitting. My guns are currently locked in the gun safe at my parents house which is fine with me as I only hunt with my dad and have no good place to store them at my house.
No doubt last summer riots and COVID drove most of that demand, but I think we'll see a lesser spike in purchases post-election too. I don't know if those numbers are out yet. Per Nokomis's point, some of that is probably spin from the gun lobby. However, when Biden says he wants to implement laws that expose American gun manufactures to lawsuits for any misuse of a gun, that's not spin (although there might be legal issues at play).

MplsGopher

Reaction score
No doubt last summer riots and COVID drove most of that demand, but I think we'll see a lesser spike in purchases post-election too. I don't know if those numbers are out yet. Per Nokomis's point, some of that is probably spin from the gun lobby. However, when Biden says he wants to implement laws that expose American gun manufactures to lawsuits for any misuse of a gun, that's not spin (although there might be legal issues at play).
They'll just find a loophole, like you can find in most any gun laws we have.

Top Bottom