Groshek done at Madison

Word

Eats difficult conversations
Reaction score
Badgers probably won't win a game next year.

mkAz

Reaction score
He can maybe fill a CJ Ham type of role somewhere.

#2Gopher

Reaction score
They seem to reload right now. From the article though, doesn't like they have much right now though.

Some guy

Reaction score
They seem to reload right now. From the article though, doesn't like they have much right now though.
It was their problem this year. The run game they had always counted on just wasn’t the same and it was why Mertz eventually was exposed. I think they eventually figure it out though

laazrakit

Reaction score
From the article though, doesn't like they have much right now though.
The article does mention that "Wisconsin’s 2021 running back room will be led by rising sophomore Jalen Berger, who averaged 5 yards per carry on 60 carries a year ago." Gotta think the kid sees the writing on the wall and figues that he won't have as productive of a season in 2021, hurting his draft stock. I can see why he's going for it now...

Gophergrandpa

Reaction score
The article does mention that "Wisconsin’s 2021 running back room will be led by rising sophomore Jalen Berger, who averaged 5 yards per carry on 60 carries a year ago." Gotta think the kid sees the writing on the wall and figues that he won't have as productive of a season in 2021, hurting his draft stock. I can see why he's going for it now...
Berger is really, really good. Didn’t play versus us because of COVID protocols.

MNVCGUY

Reaction score
In no way shape or form predicting the demise of the Badgers, but it has been odd seeing them without a dominant running back. They always seemed to have the heir apparent waiting in the wings, but that has not been the case post JT. Maybe Berger is the guy but it isn’t a slam dunk the way it has been for quite some time.

Some guy

Reaction score
Berger is really, really good. Didn’t play versus us because of COVID protocols.
I’m not sure we can pronounce a guy with 60 carries and 300 yards really really good. Not enough sample size. Definitely better than the guy we played though

die hard gopher

Reaction score
Groshek and Watson were the two least talented Badger starting RBs this decade.

I do think Jalen Berger will be good though. He is talented.

gopherdudepart2

Reaction score
Groshek can play, fullback, tight end, and tailback. They will find a spot for him in the NFL, that dude is a load. I wouldn't count him out.

Plato

Reaction score
I have read there is interest in Madison to snare a RB who is leaving MI.

Word

Eats difficult conversations
Reaction score
Yep and hard to tackle too. Height has nothing to do with being able to break tackles. I'm not a fan of the Badgers, but that kid can play the game of football.
If you take away the MN game, his stats are nothing special at all, especially considering he's running behind a Wisconsin o-line.

Spaulding!No!

Reaction score
With all this crazy logic we might as well pull IL rb Mike Epstein as a third rd pick.

Top Bottom