Green New Deal

Section2

Reaction score
So you went from being completely wrong to completely right? There are fools on both sides.

I didn't vote for GWB twice and many other R's because I was "spouting propaganda" I learned in public schools. As usual, your explanation of things is incredibly naive and simplistic.

The GOP used to be the party of fiscal sanity and personal freedom and that's why I voted for them. Almost all of that has been proven to be a lie and anyone who pays attention can see it. But you just keep drinking the kool-aid and telling yourself how enlightened you are while screaming "Hack" to make yourself feel better.
Yes!

No, you voted for GWB, Hillary, and Ron Paul because you’re an idiot.

GWB was for fiscal sanity and personal freedom? Hillary was?

I’m not drinking anyone’s koolaid. I don’t know how to achieve my ideal government, I only know who is the enemy of that government.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bottlebass

Main Member
Reaction score
That’s weather not climate.

Climate change has made the weather patterns worse, making the natural disasters worse, making us spend over and over to clean up and rebuild. Talk abut a waste of money, why not tackle the problem?

Section2

Reaction score
Climate change has made the weather patterns worse, making the natural disasters worse, making us spend over and over to clean up and rebuild. Talk abut a waste of money, why not tackle the problem?
I don’t live in a Hurricane zone. The problem is that I’m forced to pay to clean up and rebuild. Without that force, who cares. Pay more to live in hurricane zones.

bottlebass

Main Member
Reaction score
I don’t live in a Hurricane zone. The problem is that I’m forced to pay to clean up and rebuild. Without that force, who cares. Pay more to live in hurricane zones.

Hope you live on high ground in Edina, all this snow may flood the whole state.

Bad Gopher

A Loner, A Rebel
Reaction score
If the article didn’t start with the notion that this is a catastrophe of unprecedented extent, I might have read more. But the 70 million people that died in the WWII era and the Cold War proliferation of nuclear weapons with the potential to destroy the earth many times over several decades ago were MORE unprecedented. Climate change derangement syndrome.
It does take a certain level of intelligence to wrap one's head around how cataclysmic this will certainly be. WW2 is not in the same league.

diehard

Reaction score
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/gTyGwIxXcQY" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Fool.

bottlebass

Main Member
Reaction score

KillerGopherFan

Reaction score
Not so fast bass.

Earlier in this thread, I made the assumption that there was an increase in hurricane activity from a simple table that tracked hurricane occurrences in the Atlantic. I admitted my lack of qualifications to assess something as complex as ‘climate change’. I also said that cncmin lacks the knowledge to have a reliable understanding of the subject as well, but prefers to claim some understanding that trumps others here.

With a quick search about the topic, I came across this article that suggests that non-experts trying to interpret complicated data, or even simple data, is a fool’s errand. In fact, this article suggests that hurricane data is far from “settled science” and scientists are arguing both sides of the hurricane frequency and intensity for a few reasons.

It’s worth reading to humble the strength of peoples’ opinions. Let the experts sort it out, hear both sides, be skeptical of people who say the science is settled, and humble yourself a little.

And regarding your specific reference to the Atlantic hurricanes, the article points out that the Atlantic hurricanes only account for 9% of the total storms in the world. Drawing conclusions from regional occurrences isn’t wise.

https://www.wunderground.com/education/webster.asp

...Hurricane experts are divided on to what degree global warming has affected the number and intensity of hurricanes, and a recent consensus statement by 125 hurricane scientists (see below) concluded: Though there is evidence both for and against the existence of a detectable anthropogenic signal in the tropical cyclone climate record to date, no firm conclusion can be made on this point...

bottlebass

Main Member
Reaction score
Not so fast bass.

Earlier in this thread, I made the assumption that there was an increase in hurricane activity from a simple table that tracked hurricane occurrences in the Atlantic. I admitted my lack of qualifications to assess something as complex as ‘climate change’. I also said that cncmin lacks the knowledge to have a reliable understanding of the subject as well, but prefers to claim some understanding that trumps others here.

With a quick search about the topic, I came across this article that suggests that non-experts trying to interpret complicated data, or even simple data, is a fool’s errand. In fact, this article suggests that hurricane data is far from “settled science” and scientists are arguing both sides of the hurricane frequency and intensity for a few reasons.

It’s worth reading to humble the strength of peoples’ opinions. Let the experts sort it out, hear both sides, be skeptical of people who say the science is settled, and humble yourself a little.

And regarding your specific reference to the Atlantic hurricanes, the article points out that the Atlantic hurricanes only account for 9% of the total storms in the world. Drawing conclusions from regional occurrences isn’t wise.

https://www.wunderground.com/education/webster.asp

...Hurricane experts are divided on to what degree global warming has affected the number and intensity of hurricanes, and a recent consensus statement by 125 hurricane scientists (see below) concluded: Though there is evidence both for and against the existence of a detectable anthropogenic signal in the tropical cyclone climate record to date, no firm conclusion can be made on this point...
I didn't say hurricanes, i said weather patterns and natural disasters. Florence is just one piece of the puzzle.

It's funny you say "let the experts sort it out". An extremely high percentage of climate experts from around the world already have sorted it out and made recommendations. You and a few other deniers just don't believe them. And the best part is I'm on record here saying I don't necessarily believe them either. Only parts of what they claim.

Bad Gopher

A Loner, A Rebel
Reaction score
Yeah that one was great. I laugh every time I see that video.

Oh but great you brought up Florence, it helps prove my point.

https://www.foxbusiness.com/economy...-among-top-10-costliest-us-storms-expert-says
diehard will be gone soon - very soon if i happen to run into him - and won't have to reckon with what this ends up turning into. My older daughter and i were gallows joking earlier this evening that she's good with equipment, so she's going to end up being drafted to dig the mass graves. The thing is that we're not really joking. Things are going to get that bad in her lifetime, and i did look in her eye and tell her wth dead seriousness that the world in her later years won't be like the current one at all. And i apologized.

KillerGopherFan

Reaction score
If you don't think/know we're f*cked, then you're a f*cking moron, and i ain't got no f*cking time for you.
I haven’t concluded anything, but I’m guessing you thought Al Gore’s movie was settled science too.

We’ve been doomed several times in history until we weren’t.

diehard

Reaction score
diehard will be gone soon - very soon if i happen to run into him - and won't have to reckon with what this ends up turning into. My older daughter and i were gallows joking earlier this evening that she's good with equipment, so she's going to end up being drafted to dig the mass graves. The thing is that we're not really joking. Things are going to get that bad in her lifetime, and i did look in her eye and tell her wth dead seriousness that the world in her later years won't be like the current one at all. And i apologized.
If you do not like being made a fool of, quit playing the fool. Now you are playing little boy games. Life leaves the playground at some point in adult life for those that are well adjusted. Get help.

Last edited:

Bad Gopher

A Loner, A Rebel
Reaction score
If you do not like being made a fool of, quit playing the fool. Now you are playing little boy games. Life leaves the playground at some point in adult life for those that are well adjusted. Get help.
Dry your eyes, pussy, and step away from the keyboard for a while.

Section2

Reaction score
You and your daughter were discussing a future AOC dictatorship?

diehard

Reaction score
Electric cars are the big thing. Tesla is shuttering their stores. You can still buy online. LOL!

Coal fired cars. Just like trains used to be.

MennoSota

Reaction score
Where is Ayn Rand when you need her. @John Galt, give us a clue!!! [emoji41]

Bad Gopher

A Loner, A Rebel
Reaction score

As long as the presidency is now a dictatorship, might at well change to one with an IQ above 75.

howeda7

Reaction score

You're more terrified of AOC than a silly think like global flooding.

howeda7

Reaction score
Where is Ayn Rand when you need her. @John Galt, give us a clue!!! [emoji41]
I believe only thing that can save us is to dig up Ayn Rand and Calvin Coolidge and clone their love child.

howeda7

Reaction score
So is the clean up and rebuilding of all the natural disasters it's causing.
What if we spend trillions trying to stop and it amounts to sticking your finger in the dike trying to hold back the flood waters ?

What would be helpful is if everyone could agree that it's a problem and then we could discuss the feasibility of solutions. Instead 40% proudly wear their ignorance.

howeda7

Reaction score
Yes!

No, you voted for GWB, Hillary, and Ron Paul because you’re an idiot.

GWB was for fiscal sanity and personal freedom? Hillary was?

I’m not drinking anyone’s koolaid. I don’t know how to achieve my ideal government, I only know who is the enemy of that government.

GWB and the entire GOP claimed they were for fiscal sanity. No Hillary was not. But she would be no worse than Trump in that regard and isn't an ignorant fool.

Section2

Reaction score
GWB and the entire GOP claimed they were for fiscal sanity. No Hillary was not. But she would be no worse than Trump in that regard and isn't an ignorant fool.
The problem isn’t the politicians Howie. It’s the voters. The voters have not chosen fiscal sanity.

Section2

Reaction score
What if we spend trillions trying to stop and it amounts to sticking your finger in the dike trying to hold back the flood waters ?

What would be helpful is if everyone could agree that it's a problem and then we could discuss the feasibility of solutions. Instead 40% proudly wear their ignorance.
Mr Realism thinks 100% agreement is what we need.

Top Bottom