Gophers in the NFL

stocker08

Reaction score
They will resign him. TJ is not close to being a replacement yet.
Not the point. Bucs can't afford to pay Evans and Godwin. They pay Godwin what he is worth....and they are going to be cutting at other important places.

WhoFellDownTheGopherHole?

Reaction score
Not the point. Bucs can't afford to pay Evans and Godwin. They pay Godwin what he is worth....and they are going to be cutting at other important places.
Godwin is probably gone. I wouldn't be surprised if Brown signs a relatively modest one year contact with the Bucs because he probably needs any money he can get, and the Brady buddy/roomie situation is likely the only thing providing him any stability in his life to make sure he sticks around in the league long enough to collect his checks.

stocker08

Reaction score
Godwin is probably gone. I wouldn't be surprised if Brown signs a relatively modest one year contact with the Bucs because he probably needs any money he can get, and the Brady buddy/roomie situation is likely the only thing providing him any stability in his life to make sure he sticks around in the league long enough to collect his checks.
Agreed. They can't afford to pay Godwin without going light at other positions. And with TJ and Miller currently sitting at four & five....they've got the depth to keep chugging. Sure....the WR group will take a step back....but they have to be considered for the best WR chart in the league right now. That's not sustainable long term.

bonin21

Reaction score
If they don't keep Godwin and Brown they will sign someone cheaper to slot in as WR2 and TJ will try to jump over Miller to become WR3

denguegopher

Reaction score
Its great to have 3 players in the Super Bowl! I would guess that somebody has already done this but there were 7 Gophers in Super Bowl IV (with 40 man rosters). KC: Stein, Bown & Bell; Vikings: Eller, Hall, Sunde, Kramer.

BilldGopher

Section 211
Reaction score
Had forgotten Coach's connection to the Bucs.

Going to the Outback Bowl in 2019 had a lot of common threads. Ended up a pretty nice piece of cloth. Pretty cool.

Go Bucs!

MNVCGUY

Reaction score
Is it just me or is that a really odd fine amount? $7,815....I don't ever recall hearing of fines as anything but whole numbers like 10K or whatever.

Dumb that they are even fining him at all for it but maybe a fine is automatic for that kind of flag in a game.

Top Bottom