Gopher Volleyball 2021 - Spring Season

dlw4gophers

Reaction score
The top four teams all play each other. A round robin schedule would have been nice this year.

MplsGopher

Reaction score
That would be a set, not a hand pass. :)
Sorry for the confusing reply. I'm fine with the eliminating hand passing (and I think they'd need to allow setters to double, or something like that in exchange).

I was saying, back to my idea of two liberos, that teams want the ability to hit out of the backrow middle position, which is usually where the back OH is playing.

GameDay

Reaction score
Sorry for the confusing reply. I'm fine with the eliminating hand passing (and I think they'd need to allow setters to double, or something like that in exchange).

I was saying, back to my idea of two liberos, that teams want the ability to hit out of the backrow middle position, which is usually where the back OH is playing.
No worries, I get what you meant! And yeah, I like the 2 libero concept as it eliminates the pipe/bic attack from the backrow, consequently eliminating one point of attack and improving floor defense.

TheBubala

Reaction score
Maybe I missed this in the off-season but thought we had 4 incoming freshman this year, didn’t see Cami Appiani on the roster. Did she changed her mind on her commitment?

Gopher68

Reaction score
Maybe I missed this in the off-season but thought we had 4 incoming freshman this year, didn’t see Cami Appiani on the roster. Did she changed her mind on her commitment?
She was here in the fall but decided to transfer.

cemba99

Bruce Smith for Governor
Reaction score
Did I read somewhere that none of the matches will be televised? Or are we still in a “wait and see” mode?

MplsGopher

Reaction score

The University of Minnesota volleyball program will be televised 12 times during the 2021 spring season with an additional five home matches on BTN +, announced today by the Big Ten Conference.

Minnesota's opens the season this weekend against Michigan State. Saturday's match will be on BTN +, while Sunday's contest will be televised on Fox 9 + as well as streamed on BTN +. Match times for the home opener will be at 4 p.m., followed by a 3 p.m. start on Sunday.

Minnesota will then be televised the following dates:
Jan. 24 vs. Michigan State, 3 p.m., FOX 9+
Jan. 29 at Maryland, TBD, BTN
Feb. 5 at Purdue, 6 p.m. CT, BTN
Feb. 13 vs. Penn State, 7 p.m. CT, BTN
Feb. 14 vs. Penn State, 6:30 p.m. CT, BTN
Feb. 19 at Nebraska, 8 p.m., CT, BTN
Feb. 21 at Nebraska, 12 p.m. CT, BTN.
Feb. 26 vs. Michigan, 4 p.m. CT, ESPNU
March 17 at Wisconsin, 8 p.m. CT, BTN
March 21 vs. Wisconsin, TBD, BTN
March 27 at Northwestern, TBD, BTN
April 3 vs. Iowa, 3 p.m. CT, ESPNU

In addition to the home opener against Michigan State, Minnesota will be streamed on BTN + against Michigan (Feb. 27), Illinois (March 12 & 13), and Iowa (April 2). Remaining road matches will be determined at a later date.

The Gophers will also be on KFAN + for five matches, which will also be streamed on gophersports.com. Those dates include:
Jan. 23 vs. Michigan State
Feb. 13 vs. Penn State
Feb. 14 vs. Penn State
March 21 vs. Wisconsin
April 3 vs. Iowa

Top Bottom