Gopher Volleyball 2019

Waffle

Reaction score
Gophers were not gifted a point though. Once it was straightened out, play began at 0-0.
It wasn't on the BTN scoreboard (if you weren't at the game) when Miller served the first actual serve, but Gophers did get a point.

From box score:
1Point awarded by official to Minnesota.

let'sbeclear

Reaction score
UpandUnder43, Gopher68, and Waffle are absolutely right. The Gophers were given a point there. My bad!

UpAndUnder43

Reaction score
Crazy. You simply don’t see those things happen at this level.

let'sbeclear

Reaction score
The Sweet Sixteen has three Pac-12 teams, three SEC teams, and five Big Ten teams, all of them seeded except for Utah. Only two same-conference teams, Utah and Stanford, face each other in the regional semis.

Last edited:

Ignatius L Hoops

Reaction score
UpandUnder43, Gopher68, and Waffle are absolutely right. The Gophers were given a point there. My bad!
I don't know why the point was awarded; but presumably it was for a lineup mistake. Before the set there were conversations between the down ref and Creighton and then Hugh. The down ref was reviewing the lineup sheet-I assume. I actually, didn't notice the score until the challenge at 2-0 Gophers and then everyone was wondering where the first point came from.

Hrothgar

Reaction score
It wasn't on the BTN scoreboard (if you weren't at the game) when Miller served the first actual serve, but Gophers did get a point.

From box score:
1Point awarded by official to Minnesota.
I saw that the one point for MN was on the Pav scoreboard before play actually began in the set, but there was no announcement on the public address of its being awarded.

Ignatius L Hoops

Reaction score

Perhaps the delay was for resubmitting the lineup? Besides the ref's discussion with the coaches, I remember a conversation which did not look entirely amicable between a Gopher staffer and a Creighton staffer when one of the Bluejays emerged from the Gopher locker room between sets.

From the Daily:
A delay of game cost Creighton the first point of the fifth, and the Gophers were able to take advantage.

beavergopher

Reaction score
I don't know why the point was awarded; but presumably it was for a lineup mistake. Before the set there were conversations between the down ref and Creighton and then Hugh. The down ref was reviewing the lineup sheet-I assume. I actually, didn't notice the score until the challenge at 2-0 Gophers and then everyone was wondering where the first point came from.
So it was pointed argument?

Sparlimb

Reaction score
Louisville wins 15-12 in 5. What an upset.

Sparlimb

Reaction score
Well the way to the final four is open. Granted this year's team looks like they could lose to anyone, so I'm not counting anything as done...

let'sbeclear

Reaction score
Let's just hope that fantastic Louisville win doesn't cause the Gophers to look past Florida. I doubt that it will, though.

let'sbeclear

Reaction score
Texas had won 36 straight home-court NCAA matches, dating all the way back to 2008, til Louisville beat them tonight.

#2Gopher

Reaction score
Gophers down 10-8. Gym looks like a high school level type facility.

let'sbeclear

Reaction score
Gophers are passing well, but already have had two or three communication errors.

#2Gopher

Reaction score
Gym looking bigger with different angle shots. Still down...19-17. Obviously not out.

Sparlimb

Reaction score
Well, not quite good enough in the first set. Story of our year. But you have to win 3 sets for a reason.

#2Gopher

Reaction score
No, no, no. That's Pittsburgh's site for the Final Four. Sorry.
LOL! I was curious, had to look it up. This gym holds 4,000. While looking for the compacity I noticed that they had a post regarding Charlene McCombs death (Red's wife) who may have died either last night or this morning.

let'sbeclear

Reaction score
I thought the Gophs played very well in set 1, with slight edges in most of the statistical categories -- all except for attempted kills -- and now they're looking even better in the second.

Top Bottom