Gopher softball 2021

MRJ

Reaction score
Speaking of Sara G., I am now prepared, in my opinion, to rank McKenna Partain ahead of Kendall Lindaman and behind only Groenewagen, as the second best Minnesota softball player in recent Gopher history.
That's a really high bar, but I'll say this: I LOVE Kenna. She's been nothing but a stud her entire career in maroon and gold. I liken her to Maddie Houlihan in certain respects because she quietly goes about her business on the field and is almost always excellent. Really going to miss her when her playing days are over.

4EverAGopher

Reaction score
Here's hoping we have the Fiser we have all learned to love back at it today. Keep it up!!

I believe these Northwestern batters have given her that inner competitive spirit I talked about in an earlier thread You could see it in her reaction to some of those AWFUL calls in the extra innings. She knew they were strikes. In fact, we all did.

rowdaboat

Reaction score
These bats must be confused with the magical bats that swing themselves with runners on

ClassOf98Gopher

Reaction score
Why is williams still crying? Don't stand up the baseline for the tag
Williams got exactly what she wanted; Kemmetmueller was ejected and so she won. However, at what consequence to Williams’ reputation? She can’t expunge those images from video documentation.

mngolf

Reaction score
Loving the fight in our Gophers today. FIGHT!! They are so it must be matched.

rowdaboat

Reaction score
Williams got exactly what she wanted; Kemmetmueller was ejected and so she won. However, at what consequence to Williams’ reputation? She can’t expunge those images from video documentation.
If gophers hit a HR off her need a batflip and good taunting

4EverAGopher

Reaction score
Kinch with huge FROSH error. Gophers lose this it is a TOTAL SHAME. So so so many opportunities to put this game away.

4EverAGopher

Reaction score
Too many new faces and not enough experience in pressure like situations for this team. The upperclassmen can only do so much. PEASE just pitching AWESOME.

Tucker

Reaction score
It's so fun to watch a bench full of Gophers so happy and excited :)

I hope xxxxx Amber can close it out, xxx'x xxxx xxxxxxxxx!

Last edited:

mngolf

Reaction score
Friday the announcers were saying these are the 2 biggest rivals in the conference and possibly the nation. lol And boy were the Northwestern fans loud during different parts of the game. Especially around the collision.

4EverAGopher

Reaction score
Absolutely, nothing boring about that game. It had everything.

The Old FIser just put em down like we are use to and WHO came off the bench for the winning run? Way to step it up and pinch hit COX!!!! She will never forget this moment.....either will Fiser.

MOMENTS LIKE THIS IS WHY WE ALL LIVE FOR THE SPORT.

Teams excited and I'm excited for them.

Last edited:

Tucker

Reaction score
I wonder if Katelyn is feeling' a little self satisfaction right now?

'ya think?

FormerFatOL

Reaction score
I wonder if Katelyn is feeling' a little self satisfaction right now?

'ya think?

The ejection was a weird call - with Williams standing in the middle of the base line. Replay shows Katy avoided a full front hit that didn't show in real time. Too bad the umpires can't see replays on that sort of thing.

dlw4gophers

Reaction score
Game two. Katie with a 3 run HR in the first. DenHartog with a 3 run HR in the 2nd. 6-2 Gophers

rowdaboat

Reaction score
Amber missing spots on the HRs? Might need Ava to finish the game

FormerFatOL

Reaction score
Amber missing spots on the HRs? Might need Ava to finish the game

BT west teams have faced Fiser so many times the past few years, I wonder how much of any occasional struggles are simply familiarity.

Tucker

Reaction score
Gophers are answering baby!

There was another game earlier where they answered numerous times, I can't remember who it was against. Come on Gophs, let's close out this sweep!!!

ClassOf98Gopher

Reaction score
Chloe Evans is going to be good... really good. In her few ABs in college, she had always put her bat on the ball. And I could tell from her Wisconsin state championship video... she has a vicious home run swing.

Top Bottom