Gopher softball 2021

Hrothgar

Reaction score
My guess is that in a few hours we will see a starting lineup cars that looks very similar to the below:

Partain - 2b
Jensen -CF
DenHartog - LF
Dray - C
Hansen - 1b
Strelow - DH
Kemmetmueller - 3b
Jones - RF
Brandt - SS

That being said, I am beyond interested in seeing what capabilities the Freshmen and the Sophomores Peterson and Cox (who had limited ABs last year) can add to add to the potency of our lineup. I am expecting and hoping that the answer is quite a lot.

Lastly, I really hope the Gophers try to add more of an aggressive speed game on the base paths into their gameplan. They can win a lot of Big Ten games without taking the risks, but gaining that reputation as base-stealers now may help them in post-season.
If that's indeed the starting lineup, I don't see tons of offensive clout there after Partain, Jensen, and DenHartog; they may need the baserunning skills you tout plus a whole lot of great pitching. Hopefully, I'm way off base, so to speak.

4EverAGopher

Reaction score
I too am hoping for a stronger offenseive lineup. If previous suggested lineup is correct, we might be needing more power at the plate. We will soon have our answer.

ClassOf98Gopher

Reaction score
I too am hoping for a stronger offenseive lineup. If previous suggested lineup is correct, we might be needing more power at the plate. We will soon have our answer.

With Densen in and Jones out, it looks like they will have a lot of speed in the lineup... and less power.

FormerFatOL

Reaction score
I'm watching the Gopher/Maryland game on Flosoftball. Is the quality as bad on BTN+ as it is on Flo? It looks like they're using GoPro cameras with little to no announcing. I'm happy with any kind of coverage, but wondering if buying the BTN subscription would be any different.

ClassOf98Gopher

Reaction score
I'm watching the Gopher/Maryland game on Flosoftball. Is the quality as bad on BTN+ as it is on Flo? It looks like they're using GoPro cameras with little to no announcing. I'm happy with any kind of coverage, but wondering if buying the BTN subscription would be any different.

I am watching on BTN+ and I assume it is the exact same.

Tucker

Reaction score
How is it available on Flo? I can’t find it on my Flo.

But yes, it’s a very humble production on btn+, I’m sure it’s the same.

dlw4gophers

Reaction score
Lineup said 4:15 start. I turned it on at 4 and it was bottom 2. 0-0 top 3

FormerFatOL

Reaction score
How is it available on Flo? I can’t find it on my Flo.

But yes, it’s a very humble production on btn+, I’m sure it’s the same.

On Flo, it's under Softball/Spring Games/Sleepy Hollow Field 3

dlw4gophers

Reaction score
What’s up with Jensen. Don’t see her in the lineup

4EverAGopher

Reaction score
Somewhat surprised with the batting order. Team pretty much picking up where they left off last season. I know first game of the new season.

Feel for Fiser. So far like last season the poor girl has to work hard for a win with lack of run production.

Announcer can leave a lot to be desired.

MRJ

Reaction score
Offense needs to be better than this. Period.

Amber hasn't been particularly sharp either, but good enough.

Overall, a very blah start to the season. At this point, just get the win and collect themselves before the second game.

ClassOf98Gopher

Reaction score
Offense needs to be better than this. Period.

Amber hasn't been particularly sharp either, but good enough.

Overall, a very blah start to the season. At this point, just get the win and collect themselves before the second game.

I was so juiced for the start of the season, and brimming with confidence concerning the quality of the team... this is less impressive than I expected against a team of Maryland’s reputation.

That being said, just get the win and play again 30 minutes later.

I will have to research so as to if Maryland’s starting pitcher has a history of being THAT hard to hit. Was it her or was it us?

MRJ

Reaction score
I was so juiced for the start of the season, and brimming with confidence concerning the quality of the team... this is less impressive than I expected against a team of Maryland’s reputation.

That being said, just get the win and play again 30 minutes later.

I will have to research so as to if Maryland’s starting pitcher has a history of being THAT hard to hit. Was it her or was it us?
She actually transferred in from Penn after last season and had a really nice run with the Quakers, so it could be a case of not being familiar with her.

Thankfully, like you said, it's just game one and I get the feeling the timing was just off after such a long layoff, especially in the first four innings. The ladies got a bit more settled as the game wore on, but the shear number of strikeouts was unacceptable.

Overall, the approach really needs to improve in between games.

MRJ

Reaction score
Could see that coming from a mile away. Ladies did absolutely everything wrong they could in the inning to send it to extras. Getting out-thought, out-fought and out-played for the most part. Really poor performance by the ladies for everyone not wearing #13.

mngolf

Reaction score
Could see that coming from a mile away. Ladies did absolutely everything wrong they could in the inning to send it to extras. Getting out-thought, out-fought and out-played for the most part. Really poor performance by the ladies for everyone not wearing #13.
Well 13 should never have tried to make a play. That run meant nothing.

Tucker

Reaction score
What happened on lead off batter in bottom of 7. Was it an error by Kemmetmueller or Brandt?

MRJ

Reaction score
It was the winning run. But, yes, first things first.
Winning run doesn't mean anything if you retire the batter at the plate with the tying run still at third and two outs, which is what she should have focused on in that instance.

Tucker

Reaction score
Winning run doesn't mean anything if you retire the batter at the plate with the tying run still at third and two outs, which is what she should have focused on in that instance.
Of course, that’s why I said first things first. But the winning run is not meaningless.

MRJ

Reaction score
Of course, that’s why I said first things first. But the winning run is not meaningless.
First things first in that case ends the game, so that should have been the sole focus.

rowdaboat

Reaction score
Threw it a step too early needed to force the runner to dive back instead of turn back towards second

Tucker

Reaction score
And they let the winning runner get to second anyway...lol

They got the win..sigh

MRJ

Reaction score
2-1 Final. Everybody needs to hit the reset button big time after that one...

Top Bottom