Gopher Softball 2020

bisonation

Reaction score
I mentioned this in the 2021 thread, but Sara G has expressed an interest in coming back in some capacity following the Olympics. In fact, she stated that it would be "a dream come true."

Other names being bandied about are Jessica Merchant, Darren Mueller and Katie Richardson, but that's all just speculation.

Bottom line is it's a very attractive job for obvious reasons and Coyle has done pretty well with his hires thus far.

Just have to have faith and let the process play out.
NDSU board says Darren Mueller has turned down Gophers before (remember Trashchel (my name for her) was NDSU Asst Coach when she went down to DInkytown.

I'd love to see Darren at U of Minnesota, he would kill it, but he gets paid well at NDSU, goes to the Tourney every year and they've won some games and he controls the entire program up there.

rugger14

Reaction score
NDSU board says Darren Mueller has turned down Gophers before (remember Trashchel (my name for her) was NDSU Asst Coach when she went down to DInkytown.

I'd love to see Darren at U of Minnesota, he would kill it, but he gets paid well at NDSU, goes to the Tourney every year and they've won some games and he controls the entire program up there.
A few days late and a few dollars short? This post is relevant how? Also Jamie was the HC at ISU before she came here.

Reactions: MRJ

MRJ

Reaction score
A few days late and a few dollars short? This post is relevant how? Also Jamie was the HC at ISU before she came here.
Yeah, reminds me of someone showing up to a party a week late and wonders where all the people are.

I'm guessing news travels rather slowly in Fargo.

bisonation

Reaction score
LOL sorry, they said this thread was pretty harsh, so I finally saw it.

Yea she was at ISU after NDSU.

sorry! my point was Mueller turned down Gophers before, doubt Gophers would ask him again

MRJ

Reaction score
LOL sorry, they said this thread was pretty harsh, so I finally saw it.

Yea she was at ISU after NDSU.

sorry! my point was Mueller turned down Gophers before, doubt Gophers would ask him again
Actually, the bigger point is that Piper Ritter had been hired two days before you chimed in, so your entire premise was useless. It's therefore pretty obvious Coyle and the program wanted nothing to do with Mueller.

Like I said, news travels pretty slowly in Bison Nation apparently.

rowdaboat

Reaction score
Actually, the bigger point is that Piper Ritter had been hired two days before you chimed in, so your entire premise was useless. It's therefore pretty obvious Coyle and the program wanted nothing to do with Mueller.

Like I said, news travels pretty slowly in Bison Nation apparently.
The pigeons have a long flight from civilized areas to get the news there

Hrothgar

Reaction score
Strange. On my computer at least all the posts from April 28 to June 5 are suddenly missing.

ComoGopher

Reaction score
Allister has all the off-the-diamond social skills and personal visibility that made her a hit in the public eye and, I've heard, with recruits' families, too. Trachsel was never visible to the public, it seemed. She never let the fans know who she was. Even after 3 years of watching her with her teams on the field I wouldn't recognize her in person if we met on the street. On my way to the U, I sometimes walked by Cowles stadium from parking. If the softball team was practicing, Allister, her coaches, or the players would say a casual hello. Once I passed by the stadium under Trachsel. The team seemed to be practicing, but the gates were locked and a student assistant was sent out to ask me what I was doing there and where I was going. Unwelcome was the message. Very anecdotal, but stuff like that's why Allister would've gotten an extension even if she had a losing W/L record.
Allister and Trachsel are two very different personalities. Camps were like that as well. Allister was far more interactive with the campers. It will be interesting to see how Piper interacts with fans, softball alums, and boosters in her role as the head coach. I think she will be very warm and engaging based on what I have seen of her in the past.

Gopher68

Reaction score
Allister and Trachsel are two very different personalities. Camps were like that as well. Allister was far more interactive with the campers. It will be interesting to see how Piper interacts with fans, softball alums, and boosters in her role as the head coach. I think she will be very warm and engaging based on what I have seen of her in the past.
I agree. The times that I have met Piper she is very cordial. She is also very open in her answers to your questions. She will be great!

goherfan48

Reaction score
I agree. The times that I have met Piper she is very cordial. She is also very open in her answers to your questions. She will be great!
I agree totally, I am a big fan of Piper, she appears as she stated very intense and a technician of the game, This can be seen by her approach to pitching and game management. She appears to be able to accomplish this and still relate to her pitchers in a warm and caring way as shown by her past pitchers comments about her. I have a hunch that if you asked the rest of the team you would get the same answer. I feel that once she applies this to the rest of the game, thru her assistant coaches, which I feel will be excellent, the skill level of the players as well as the team culture will be very apparent, for the good. I to have met Piper and also found to be very cordial and approachable. I am beyond excited about the future of gopher softball. My only concern is with the U freeze on hiring, I hope this does not effect Piper's hiring of her assistants. She is going to need them.

Top Bottom