GOP continues in its efforts of vote restriction.

howeda7

Reaction score
By that convoluted argument murder should not be illegal because people still get murdered, sex with a minor should not be illegal because people have sex with minors.

Really Dog?[emoji57]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
In 2-land any law that does not solve 100% of what is intended to address is a failure and proof that it should never have been put in place.

cncmin

Reaction score
Tough to see the Supreme Court, today, decide that they best not budge into a practice that is tearing the country apart. The Supreme Court is our last check (until, perhaps, January) against the cancerous corruption that has consumed the GOP. It's too bad they are the only branch of government whose leaders still actually try to employ American principles; for the sake of all of us we really needed them to go past their principled limits and act on this one, particularly considering the pickle they put us in through Citizens United.

LesBolstad

Reaction score
Tough to see the Supreme Court, today, decide that they best not budge into a practice that is tearing the country apart. The Supreme Court is our last check (until, perhaps, January) against the cancerous corruption that has consumed the GOP. It's too bad they are the only branch of government whose leaders still actually try to employ American principles; for the sake of all of us we really needed them to go past their principled limits and act on this one, particularly considering the pickle they put us in through Citizens United.
Poor Cringy becoming more and more unhinged.

stocker08

Reaction score
Guys....all deuce wants to do is burn tires in his parents front yard. Be reasonable.

Section2

Reaction score
In 2-land any law that does not solve 100% of what is intended to address is a failure and proof that it should never have been put in place.
100% incorrect.
I’m opposed to all laws that violate rights. It just so happens that laws the violate rights also fail to achieve their promise. So it makes the choice really obvious and easy.

And the laws we are discussing didn’t just fail to achieve 100% success. They were worse than doing nothing.

Section2

Reaction score
American principles like??
You can always spot someone out of their depth if they argue citizens United was radical or wrong.

Section2

Reaction score
By that convoluted argument murder should not be illegal because people still get murdered, sex with a minor should not be illegal because people have sex with minors.

Really Dog?[emoji57]

Laws against murder defend rights, so they are moral laws.
Immoral laws which violate rights should not exist and don’t work. Prohibitions are immoral laws. There are tons of examples. They never work.
Discrimination laws are particularly hideous because they require government to determine and police thinking.

Sportsfan24

Reaction score
100% incorrect.
I’m opposed to all laws that violate rights. It just so happens that laws the violate rights also fail to achieve their promise. So it makes the choice really obvious and easy.

And the laws we are discussing didn’t just fail to achieve 100% success. They were worse than doing nothing.

99% of black people would vehemently disagree with you.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Section2

Reaction score
Guys....all deuce wants to do is burn tires in his parents front yard. Be reasonable.
You’re too predictable. Any time you get your ass handed to you, you feel the need to take these lame pot shots in other threads to try to regain some pride.

Section2

Reaction score
99% of black people would vehemently disagree with you.

I doubt your number is correct. On equality under the law, absolutely.

Sportsfan24

Reaction score
Immoral laws which violate rights should not exist and don’t work. Prohibitions are immoral laws. There are tons of examples. They never work.
Discrimination laws are particularly hideous because they require government to determine and police thinking.

Define rights?

Sportsfan24

Reaction score

I have to call BS on this.

You state that immoral laws that violate rules should not exist. Yet you believe Lincoln should not have ended slavery?

You don’t consider slave ownership an immoral law that violated all kinds of rights?

howeda7

Reaction score

You state that immoral laws that violate rules should not exist. Yet you believe Lincoln should not have ended slavery?

You don’t consider slave ownership an immoral law that violated all kinds of rights?

Uh oh. Get ready for a massive pretzel.

Section2

Reaction score

violate rules? No, not what I said.

Well, we are not a dictatorship where the president can just change laws to whatever he likes. But within the law, absolutely, Lincoln and the US as a whole should have ended slavery, they were right to do so. And the confederacy had the right to secede from the union.

Slavery is the most immoral law, it violates human beings most basic rights, of course.

stocker08

Reaction score
You’re too predictable. Any time you get your ass handed to you, you feel the need to take these lame pot shots in other threads to try to regain some pride.

Post #375 from this thread:

victim2 said:
Listen you dip$hit, I only argued that states have a right to secede. It's your dumbass that argued 10 different ways about whether anyone wanted to, was it serious, was it just right wing extremists, and each time you were horribly embarrassingly wrong. Do you have any pride or shame? Just shut up. You have no idea what you're even arguing, you're just a fish flailing in a boat trying not to get caught. Give up.
Who's the dip$hit now? Well....it was always you with your nonsensical take on almost everything. We're really lucky that the country only has a few of you nutcases.

howeda7

Reaction score

Well, we are not a dictatorship where the president can just change laws to whatever he likes. But within the law, absolutely, Lincoln and the US as a whole should have ended slavery, they were right to do so. And the confederacy had the right to secede from the union.

Slavery is the most immoral law, it violates human beings most basic rights, of course.
So why is Lincoln our worst President then?

Sportsfan24

Reaction score

Good to hear.

Bad Gopher

A Loner, A Rebel
Reaction score
Let's be honest: breaking the law out in the open in plain sight is a way bigger rush than sneaking around.

howeda7

Reaction score
Let's be honest: breaking the law out in the open in plain sight is a way bigger rush than sneaking around.

If there's two thing we've learned from Trump: If you lie all the time, people will stop calling you out on any one lie. If you're going to commit crime, do it right out in the open so it seems fine.

Section2

Reaction score
If there's two thing we've learned from Trump: If you lie all the time, people will stop calling you out on any one lie. If you're going to commit crime, do it right out in the open so it seems fine.
Clearly people have stopped calling Trump a liar, so this strategy has worked.

I can't help but notice that passage that Dan Pfeiffer pulled out was quote free, I'm sure we can trust libs that this time they've taken everything in context and really have good fair information.

The strategy doesn't really even make any sense. A city of 100k people can't have huge traffic problems.

Last edited:

ROCK

Reaction score
I see sporty stopped lambasting Trump. He must be among the tens of million Blacks that now support Trump.

howeda7

Reaction score
I'm concerned Newt Ginrich may have abducted him and be forcing him to attend Trump rallies against his will.

KillerGopherFan

Reaction score
I see sporty stopped lambasting Trump. He must be among the tens of million Blacks that now support Trump.
Sporty’s last post was April 6 of last year and ending his postings rather abruptly with no clue of getting frustrated or tired of the arguments. It crosses my mind that something unfortunate may have ended his posting. I certainly hope not.

I was under the impression that his identity was known to some here as I thought that he had a kid that played for the Gophers, no?

Section2

Reaction score
Sporty’s last post was April 6 of last year and ending his postings rather abruptly with no clue of getting frustrated or tired of the arguments. It crosses my mind that something unfortunate may have ended his posting. I certainly hope not.

I was under the impression that his identity was known to some here as I thought that he had a kid that played for the Gophers, no?
yeah, I know who he is, it's not a secret but I won't share it. He definitely talked about some severe chronic health problems, and i've just hoped it's not that, and he just got tired with the board.

Top Bottom