GOP Chooses Trump And QAnon - Trump Is Gone But The Party Is Still His

KillerGopherFan

Reaction score
https://www.nationalreview.com/2021...ent=featured-content-trending&utm_term=second

Two days ago, the New York Times’s Maggie Haberman reported that Donald Trump “has been telling a number of people he’s in contact with that he expects he will get reinstated by August.” In response, many figures on the right inserted their fingers into their ears and started screaming about fake news.

Instead, they should have listened — because Haberman’s reporting was correct. I can attest, from speaking to an array of different sources, that Donald Trump does indeed believe quite genuinely that he — along with former senators David Perdue and Martha McSally — will be “reinstated” to office this summer after “audits” of the 2020 elections in Arizona, Georgia, and a handful of other states have been completed. I can attest, too, that Trump is trying hard to recruit journalists, politicians, and other influential figures to promulgate this belief — not as a fundraising tool or an infantile bit of trolling or a trial balloon, but as a fact.

It will be tempting for weary conservatives to dismiss this information as “old news” or as “an irrelevance.” It will be tempting, too, to downplay the enormity of what is being claimed, or to change the subject, or to attack the messengers by implying that they must “hate” Trump and his voters. But such temptations should be assiduously avoided. We are not talking here about a fringe figure within the Republican tent, but about a man who hopes to make support for his outlandish claims “a litmus test of sorts as he decides whom to endorse for state and federal contests in 2022 and 2024.” Conservatives understand why it mattered that the press lost its collective mind over Russia after Trump’s fair-and-square victory in 2016. They understand why it mattered that Hillary Clinton publicly described Trump as an “illegitimate president” who had “stolen” the election. And they understand why it mattered that Jimmy Carter insisted that Trump had “lost the election” and been “put into office because the Russians interfered.” They should understand why this matters, too.

The scale of Trump’s delusion is quite startling. This is not merely an eccentric interpretation of the facts or an interesting foible, nor is it an irrelevant example of anguished post-presidency chatter. It is a rejection of reality, a rejection of law, and, ultimately, a rejection of the entire system of American government. There is no Reinstatement Clause within the United States Constitution. Hell, there is nothing even approximating a Reinstatement Clause within the United States Constitution. The election has been certified, Joe Biden is the president, and, until 2024, that is all there is to it. It does not matter what one’s view of Trump is. It does not matter whether one voted for or against Trump. It does not matter whether one views Trump’s role within the Republican Party favorably or unfavorably. We are talking here about cold, hard, neutral facts that obtain irrespective of one’s preferences; it is not too much to ask that the former head of the executive branch should understand them.

Just how far out there is Trump’s theory? Consider that, even if it were true that the 2020 election had been stolen — which it is absolutely not — his belief would still be absurd. It could be confirmed tomorrow that agents working for a combination of al-Qaeda, Venezuela, and George Soros had hacked into every single voting machine in the country and altered the totals by tens of millions, and it would remain the case there is no mechanism within the American legal order for a do-over of any sort. In such an eventuality, there would be indictments, an impeachment drive, and a constitutional crisis. But, however bad it got, Donald Trump would not be “reinstated” to the presidency. That is not how America works, how America has ever worked, or how America can ever work. American politicians do not lose their reelection races only to be reinstalled later on, as might the second-place horse in a race whose winner was disqualified. The idea is otherworldly and obscene.

There is nothing to be gained for conservatism by pretending otherwise. To acknowledge that Trump is living in a fantasy world does not wipe out his achievements or render anything else he has said incorrect. It does not endorse Joe Biden or hand the Republican Party over to Bill Kristol or knock down an inch of the wall on the border. It merely demands that Donald Trump be treated like any other person: subject to gravity, open to rebuttal, and liable to be laughed at when he becomes so unmoored from the real world that it is hard to know where to begin in attempting to explain him
Non sequitur. I said name the conservative news sites that have reported that Trump should be reinstated as President...not name the conservative site that says Trump thinks he should be renamed President.

I frankly don’t know whether Trump thinks it’s going to happen. The important thing is that I don’t, as many other Republicans and conservatives don’t.

BTW, National Review is a good source of conservative opinion, but they generally hate Trump. The hate Trump stories got old from National Review.

KillerGopherFan

Reaction score
Are you effing kidding me? Delusional.
I know you want to believe Buffalo Indian dressed man is a Republican, but I don’t even know if he knows anything about politics at all. And, I really don’t care.

If he was at the Republican Convention and Trump White House acceptance speech, I missed him being harassed by radical lefties afterwards. Or he dressed differently.

Wally

Reaction score
BTW, National Review is a good source of conservative opinion, but they generally hate Trump.
RINO's
🤣🤣🤣

How many democrats have the party leaders called on to be cancelled?

How many Republicans has Trump called on to be cancelled?

Which party is the the party of cancel culture?

GopherJake

Reaction score
I know you want to believe Buffalo Indian dressed man is a Republican, but I don’t even know if he knows anything about politics at all. And, I really don’t care.

If he was at the Republican Convention and Trump White House acceptance speech, I missed him being harassed by radical lefties afterwards. Or he dressed differently.
You are an idiot.

https://www.reuters.com/world/us/53...mp-true-us-president-reutersipsos-2021-05-24/

A majority of Republicans still believe Donald Trump won the 2020 U.S. presidential election and blame his loss to Joe Biden on illegal voting, according to a new Reuters/Ipsos opinion poll.

The May 17-19 national poll found that 53% of Republicans believe Trump, their party's nominee, is the “true president” now, compared to 3% of Democrats and 25% of all Americans.

About one-quarter of adults believe the Nov. 3 election was tainted by illegal voting, including 56% of Republicans, according to the poll. The figures were roughly the same in a poll that ran from Nov. 13-17 which found that 28% of all Americans and 59% of Republicans felt that way.

KillerGopherFan

Reaction score
You are an idiot.

https://www.reuters.com/world/us/53...mp-true-us-president-reutersipsos-2021-05-24/

A majority of Republicans still believe Donald Trump won the 2020 U.S. presidential election and blame his loss to Joe Biden on illegal voting, according to a new Reuters/Ipsos opinion poll.

The May 17-19 national poll found that 53% of Republicans believe Trump, their party's nominee, is the “true president” now, compared to 3% of Democrats and 25% of all Americans.

About one-quarter of adults believe the Nov. 3 election was tainted by illegal voting, including 56% of Republicans, according to the poll. The figures were roughly the same in a poll that ran from Nov. 13-17 which found that 28% of all Americans and 59% of Republicans felt that way.
As has been pointed out repeatedly, a massive amount of polled Democrats still believe that Russians changed the vote totals in 2016, even though that has been thoroughly debunked and reported not to be true by the FBI.

Can’t you cut down on the name calling. It’s hurtful. 😢

saintpaulguy

Reaction score
As has been pointed out repeatedly, a massive amount of polled Democrats still believe that Russians changed the vote totals in 2016, even though that has been thoroughly debunked and reported not to be true by the FBI.

Which number do you think is larger?

KillerGopherFan

Reaction score
Which number do you think is larger?
It really depends precisely how you ask the question.

I categorize myself as having doubts about the election outcome, but not b/c of voting machine manipulation, but b/c of violations of electoral laws and constitutional requirements.

I don’t spend time thinking about Trump having been screwed out of the election. I want election integrity and to prevent local elections officials incompetency and corruption by instituting creative election processes that create mistrust and true voter disenfranchisement via violations of the Equal Protections clause of the US Constitution.

So 52%? I don’t know what makes up that 52%. I expect some portion are people like me and some portion are people who believe that the voting machines were manipulated, but I think we are in very different categories of what the main issue is.

On the other hand, Democrats that believe Russians changed votes is a belief that is demonstrably untrue.

saintpaulguy

Reaction score
It really depends precisely how you ask the question.

I categorize myself as having doubts about the election outcome, but not b/c of voting machine manipulation, but b/c of violations of electoral laws and constitutional requirements.

I don’t spend time thinking about Trump having been screwed out of the election. I want election integrity and to prevent local elections officials incompetency and corruption by instituting creative election processes that create mistrust and true voter disenfranchisement via violations of the Equal Protections clause of the US Constitution.

So 52%? I don’t know what makes up that 52%. I expect some portion are people like me and some portion are people who believe that the voting machines were manipulated, but I think we are in very different categories of what the main issue is.

On the other hand, Democrats that believe Russians changed votes is a belief that is demonstrably untrue.
and you estimate that number to be.....

howeda7

Reaction score
If it actually represented more the a fraction of 1% of the Right, you’d have a point. It didn’t. It doesn’t. It never will.
You're delusional. It represents millions of people, including your fellow Trumpster buddy CRG.

howeda7

Reaction score

You're playing a stupid 2 game now. You get to decide who the "real Republicans" are. And then by your definition, no "real republicans" believe this. Therefore you win. Take ball. Go home.

Complete BS.

STPGopher

Reaction score
You are an idiot.

Don't hurt him Jake! LMAO!

howeda7

Reaction score
You are an idiot.

Ipsos? They're not reputable! Unless Tarflager says this, it's BS!

Section2

Reaction score
OMG! You are so right. I mean it says right there that Newsweek is demanding! that Clinton be proclaimed president. It's not at all a far-fetched thought experiment to get dipshits like you to click on their site.
Nice try jake. These kinds of pieces on the left were everywhere. They were so widespread it became a meme. Leftists thought there was a good chance that the Russia investigation would result in charges against Trump and president Hillary in 4 steps. It’s hard to find examples 5 years later, but I was able to google to Newsweek proving me right and Howie wrong. Take the L.

KillerGopherFan

Reaction score
Ipsos? They're not reputable! Unless Tarflager says this, it's BS!
So you say Trafalgar and Rasmussen are political, but Ipsos is completely unbiased?

Why? B/c they’ve been in the polling business for a long time?

I don’t trust polls in general...b/c of politics, but when their predictions miss by a mile, I trust them less.

Reuters/Ipsos was off wildly in the final days of the 2020 presidential election polls in Florida, Pennsylvania, Michigan, Wisconsin, and missed in North Carolina. All those states were incredibly close compared to the predictions from Ipsos with the exception of NC, which Biden narrowly lost.

You don’t want to compare Trafalgar and Ipsos. Trafalgar wasn’t perfect, but they were within the margin of error in most cases except Arizona and Georgia. Ipsos, not so much.

Spoofin

Reaction score
Lol. It's the pollsters fault for asking, not the cult's fault for believing it, right? Pathetic.
You truly are the biggest idiot this site has. That isn’t an easy task and it isn’t even close. Just a complete and total idiot. I feel your parents tried and it isn’t their fault.

Section2

Reaction score
You're playing a stupid 2 game now. You get to decide who the "real Republicans" are. And then by your definition, no "real republicans" believe this. Therefore you win. Take ball. Go home.

Complete BS.
This is the exact game YOU play, all the time. You played it right in this thread by telling me that no one on the mainstream left thought Hillary would be declared president. There were reports that Hillary herself thought she still had a path. The games Trump is playing are the same ones from 4 years ago in many ways. You can certainly think they are almost entirely ridiculous, as I do, but unfortunately this isn’t a “my team is great and yours is the worst” type moment.

GopherJake

Reaction score

No problem. You fucking idiot.

GopherJake

Reaction score
Nice try jake. These kinds of pieces on the left were everywhere. They were so widespread it became a meme. Leftists thought there was a good chance that the Russia investigation would result in charges against Trump and president Hillary in 4 steps. It’s hard to find examples 5 years later, but I was able to google to Newsweek proving me right and Howie wrong. Take the L.
Uh huh. Mmm-kay. Seditionist idiot.

howeda7

Reaction score
Everywhere! So widespread! I can only find one example but there are hundreds! At least dozens. More than one for sure. #2Math

howeda7

Reaction score

Massive amounts of Dems believe that, but less than 1% of R's believe the Big Lie? You're beyond delusional.

Top Bottom