Good Policing

Spoofin

Reaction score
You can almost see the light at the end of the tunnel.

NYPD experiences 75 percent increase in departures and retirements

Go4Broke

Reaction score
This is what is sad. As IIRC you pointed out, this is one of the pitfalls of binary thinking. Questioning misconduct is not the same as condemning police. I wouldn't doubt that many police will be more than okay, that they are given freedom to intervene if they think something is over the top.

Here's another one ...

USAF

Reaction score
No, it's not a "major problem". If it was, It would be plainly obvious for all to see, and you wouldn't have to push your anti-cop agenda, incessantly.
Plainly obvious like dislocating a 73 year old accused shoplifter's shoulder? Then showing the video to your fellow cops for a good laugh?

This isn't "bad policing" to you? That the casualness with which it happened, and then was laughed about, doesn't indicate it's an ordinary, everyday thing...a major problem?

You're a tool. Or dishonest. Probably both.

Wally

Reaction score
Yes it is inhumane, but can we at least try to point out good? Many of us know that the feds will have much work to do. Maybe another thread is needed for the negative.

Sorry, I didn't know of the thread was real or sarcastic as I only read last couple of posts and I don't have Spoofs messsge board memory...

Full Speed Ahead

Reaction score

One Year After George Floyd, Minneapolis Is “Murderapolis” Again

... Because it simply cannot be disputed that the prevalence of unjust killing and violence in the Twin Cities area has vastly increased since last summer’s protests and riots. Minneapolis recorded its second-most homicides ever in 2020 — after only 1995, when the city was ignobly dubbed “Murderapolis” in national media. And the trend has continued to escalate in 2021: between January 1 and April 25, the number of homicides increased by 92% compared to the same period in 2020. More than 80% of the shooting victims in 2020 were black. “We’re gonna blow Murderopolis off the charts this year,” one Minneapolis cop told me.

Minneapolis cops tend to agree that the primary reason for this surge in crime is that their resources have been stretched precariously thin, as a result of widespread anti-police sentiment since the George Floyd episode. “It’s kind of like the Wild Wild West out here,” one cop told me. “Usually a cop should take about ten calls a day,” he said. “I’m already at like, thirty. So that’s way overboard. I mean, you’re gonna have burnout. You’re gonna have people quitting.” Fourteen officers had left in just the past week since the verdict, he said.

The Minneapolis Police Department didn’t specifically track carjackings as a unique category of crime until September 2020. A retroactive analysis showed a 537% increase in carjackings in one month — November 2020 — compared to November 2019. Yes, you read that correctly: 537%. (I haven’t independently corroborated this data, and it may well have been imperfectly collected, but a substantial increase seems beyond dispute.) Additional data given to me by police show that carjackings are up 180% year-to-date in 2021 between January 1 and April 25.

Bruno22

Reaction score
The amount of force it takes, while even conceding that it is weaker in females >50/55 due to hormonal changes leading to high rates of osteoporosis, to break a bone is very high. The fact that this lady sustained multiple fractures and a dislocation at the hands of those who 'protect and serve' should be horrifying to anyone.

STPGopher

Reaction score
Sorry, I didn't know of the thread was real or sarcastic as I only read last couple of posts and I don't have Spoofs messsge board memory...
I just read this. Fair enough. The original video was about a police officer that was fired for intervening. Needless to say, she's been vindicated.

STPGopher

Reaction score
The amount of force it takes, while even conceding that it is weaker in females >50/55 due to hormonal changes leading to high rates of osteoporosis, to break a bone is very high. The fact that this lady sustained multiple fractures and a dislocation at the hands of those who 'protect and serve' should be horrifying to anyone.
Sadly, no it is not. 'Winning' is everything. Once we disassociate an individual from humanity, it's easy to rationalize anything.

Spoofin

Reaction score
Sadly, no it is not. 'Winning' is everything. Once we disassociate an individual from humanity, it's easy to rationalize anything.
Can you point me to anyone on here that didn't find what happened to that poor 73-year old lady horrifying? I'm just trying to figure out who you are lecturing.

Costa Rican Gopher

Mind of a Scientist
Reaction score
Plainly obvious like dislocating a 73 year old accused shoplifter's shoulder? Then showing the video to your fellow cops for a good laugh?

This isn't "bad policing" to you? That the casualness with which it happened, and then was laughed about, doesn't indicate it's an ordinary, everyday thing...a major problem?

You're a tool. Or dishonest. Probably both.

Sure there's bad policing. Obviously so. It's not an epidemic though. 99.9% of all policing is excellent. When you're dealing with hundreds of millions of police interactions annually there will be an example of bad policing every day of the year.

If you really cared about people, you'd be focusing on bad medical practice, which is far more common and deadly than bad policing.

What the left wants, is a federalized police force. That's what all this demonization of local police departments is about. Fascists always look to eliminate local police, and replace them with a federalized police force.

Spoofin

Reaction score
Sure there's bad policing. Obviously so. It's not an epidemic though. 99.9% of all policing is excellent. When you're dealing with hundreds of millions of police interactions annually there will be an example of bad policing every day of the year.

If you really cared about people, you'd be focusing on bad medical practice, which is far more common and deadly than bad policing.

What the left wants, is a federalized police force. That's what all this demonization of local police departments is about. Fascists always look to eliminate local police, and replace them with a federalized police force.
You must have missed Howie’s idea to get rid of the bad police and keep the good ones. Problem solved. Then there was a petition delivered in MPLS today with over 11K signatures that is asking that we get rid of the police and replace it with something just like the police - only with all good guys. Problem solved. How can you argue with these totally great ideas to such an overwhelming problem?

STPGopher

Reaction score
Can you point me to anyone on here that didn't find what happened to that poor 73-year old lady horrifying? I'm just trying to figure out who you are lecturing.
tenor.gif

Gopher_In_NYC

Reaction score

Where's your data to support the 99.9% supposition? Otherwise shut yer pie whole.

Last edited:

Spoofin

Reaction score
You're a heartless fascist who reveals in others' pain!
Asking who on here finds it horrifying and hearing silence means I’m heartless? The real problem isn’t those pretending others don’t find it horrifying - the problem is me calling out those making sh!t up to support their narrative. Once again, facts and honesty are not welcomed. Twat.

Donovan

Reaction score
Our children are in good hands with lovely teachers like this!

Last edited:

Pompous Elitist

Reaction score

I saw that today. These nuts unfortunately walk among us in significant numbers, some in professional or leadership capacity. Pray they don’t charm their way into your employment, relationship, family, business before revealing the cray cray.

scools12

Reaction score
This is amazing. This woman calls the cop a murderer and says he is threatening to murder her and her son. It’s too bad people like this woman are everywhere. Our society has absolutely no chance with clowns like this amongst us.

Section2

Reaction score
You must have missed Howie’s idea to get rid of the bad police and keep the good ones. Problem solved. Then there was a petition delivered in MPLS today with over 11K signatures that is asking that we get rid of the police and replace it with something just like the police - only with all good guys. Problem solved. How can you argue with these totally great ideas to such an overwhelming problem?
It will be so easy!!

Top Bottom