Further proof Trumpism is a Cult

howeda7

Reaction score
Nothing, unless you think my paraphrase was inaccurate.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Do you not see that it clearly was? Honestly, you're the most butt-hurt, sensitive poster on here about anyone "misquoting" or paraphrasing your position. Then you play dumb when you make an obvious mistake.

Section2

Reaction score
Do you not see that it clearly was? Honestly, you're the most butt-hurt, sensitive poster on here about anyone "misquoting" or paraphrasing your position. Then you play dumb when you make an obvious mistake.
You haven’t shown my error.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gophers_4life

Reaction score
Even Libertarians support a federal army. Is what it is, for that sect, I guess.

justthefacts

Reaction score
Cotton deleted this tweet. He must have realized that it was just announced that the US and China are going to hold talks in October.

justthefacts

Reaction score
<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

I firmly believe that if Trump came out tomorrow in favor of Medicare for All, it would be polling in the 50s among Republicans within 2 weeks.

KillerGopherFan

Reaction score
<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

I firmly believe that if Trump came out tomorrow in favor of Medicare for All, it would be polling in the 50s among Republicans within 2 weeks.
Like Obama didn’t have a similar devotion?

That’s part of how you become president.

Section2

Reaction score

Misleading headline, it's not about "infallibility" it's about this:

"Whatever reservations they may have had about Trump when he first ran for office have apparently been soothed, either by his full-throated defense of his supporters’ priorities or because these voters resent what they see as unrelenting attacks against him and his administration."
They support him because of this, not because they think he's perfect, they don't. Everyone can see he's not perfect by a long stretch.

bga1

Reaction score

"Whatever reservations they may have had about Trump when he first ran for office have apparently been soothed, either by his full-throated defense of his supporters’ priorities or because these voters resent what they see as unrelenting attacks against him and his administration."
They support him because of this, not because they think he's perfect, they don't. Everyone can see he's not perfect by a long stretch.
This is exactly what the media does. The title is all most of their readers get to. So they lay the dishonesty on thick in the headline to get the point across to the suckers that follow them.

justthefacts

Reaction score

From the article:

From the linked poll:

Section2

Reaction score
From the article:

From the linked poll:

Just as I said, they support him for the reasons I quoted. The question was not "is he infallible?" It's, will his failings result in losing your support? Generally I like the Atlantic, but that's a clear misreading at best, or outright deception. Worked on you.

justthefacts

Reaction score

It doesn't look like PRRI asked a similar question in the 2011 survey, but if you've got polling that suggests similar results, please let us know.

MplsGopher

Reaction score

The difference is religious style thinking. That’s what enables plain men to become cult leaders. Exactly the same here.

Dems were devoted to Obama because he was good and most things he did made sense.

justthefacts

Reaction score
Just as I said, they support him for the reasons I quoted. The question was not "is he infallible?" It's, will his failings result in losing your support? Generally I like the Atlantic, but that's a clear misreading at best, or outright deception. Worked on you.
But that's just interpretation too. The survey didn't ask why. I honestly didn't even think much about the infallibility portion. It was the fact that Trump's supporters say that they will support him no matter what. Like I said, they don't care about policy, they care about Dear Leader. We've seen it here: Trump supporters praise him for announcing that troops will stay in Syria until Iran leaves and then praise him for announcing that troops are leaving before Iran leaves. His actions are definitionally good.

howeda7

Reaction score

Not even close. Nice try though. Trump's cult is "like we've never seen before" as he loves to say. And you're part of it. Drink your Kool-Aid.

bga1

Reaction score
Not even close. Nice try though. Trump's cult is "like we've never seen before" as he loves to say. And you're part of it. Drink your Kool-Aid.
Full fledged TDS on display. Obama was the great Howie/Dem messiah- you were an Obama boot licker.

bga1

Reaction score
From the article:

From the linked poll:

So...he could do something wrong and he would still have conservative support. Do you understand why that is different than the dishonest article which claims belief in his "infallibility" or do we have to explain this to you?

Minnesota

Reaction score
So...he could do something wrong and he would still have conservative support. Do you understand why that is different than the dishonest article which claims belief in his "infallibility" or do we have to explain this to you?
You’ve put Trump above Jesus. That’s very unfortunate.

howeda7

Reaction score
Full fledged TDS on display. Obama was the great Howie/Dem messiah- you were an Obama boot licker.
Stop lying. I supported Obama, yes. But no one here showed the utter devotion that The Fellas show to Trump. Not even close.

Find me one poll that shows 42% of Dems would support Obama no matter what he did.

bga1

Reaction score
The difference is religious style thinking. That’s what enables plain men to become cult leaders. Exactly the same here.

Dems were devoted to Obama because he was good and most things he did made sense.
Indeed Obama had a religious cult of secular humanists. The 2008 campaign kicked it off with the Greek columned platform at the Dem convention with 80,000 adoring cultists. The title of this Daily Mail article was:

Obama God! Democrats build a temple for Barack

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1050017/Obama-God-Democrats-build-temple-Barack.html

bga1

Reaction score
Stop lying. I supported Obama, yes. But no one here showed the utter devotion that The Fellas show to Trump. Not even close.

Find me one poll that shows 42% of Dems would support Obama no matter what he did.
I seriously doubt that any pollster would have taken that poll. Blasphemy! Racist!

bga1

Reaction score
You’ve put Trump above Jesus. That’s very unfortunate.
Jesus is above all. Trump is a flawed man who is doing a great job as President. Thanks for asking me to straighten you out. Do you believe in Jesus Christ?

Section2

Reaction score
But that's just interpretation too. The survey didn't ask why. I honestly didn't even think much about the infallibility portion. It was the fact that Trump's supporters say that they will support him no matter what. Like I said, they don't care about policy, they care about Dear Leader. We've seen it here: Trump supporters praise him for announcing that troops will stay in Syria until Iran leaves and then praise him for announcing that troops are leaving before Iran leaves. His actions are definitionally good.
Nope, you're still reading things in that aren't there. They DO care about policy. Trump has been a vocal supporter of the policies they are about, AND he has been treated unfairly. That's why they support him. Dear Leader is dumb. He's earned that support. Just because you don't agree with it doesn't mean its mindless.

Whether troops are in syria or not is not a core issue for Trump supporters. They support him to make the decision. Most have no idea what the right choice is.

Last edited:

bga1

Reaction score
Nope, you're still reading things in that aren't there. They DO care about policy. Trump has been a vocal supporter of the policies they are about, AND he has been treated unfairly. That's why they support him. Dear Leader is dumb. He's earned that support. Just because you don't agree with it doesn't mean its mindless.

Whether troops are in syria or not is not a core issue for Trump supporters. They support him to make the decision. Most have no idea what the right choice is.
Exactly. He has kept almost all of his promises regarding policy.

The judges, both SCOTUS and circuit court (massive overhaul!).
Tax cuts
No new wars
Building the wall and securing the border
Better trade deals
America first - great economy- low unemployment
Black and Hispanic unemployment at record lows
Pulled out of Paris accord (climate change)
Got NATO partners to pay more in
Mexico is actually paying for some of our border security

Top Bottom