Fox News reporter confirms Ted Cruz flew to Cancun while Texas citizens suffer

GoodasGold

Reaction score
So what? Cuomo sent hundreds of elderly people to their death when the data was there to know it would happen. He then misreported the numbers on purpose to hide the truth during a DOJ investigation which will be investigated as obstruction of justice. Finally, he is accused of threatening someone so they would keep it quiet which will be investigated as intimidation. He is at best a criminal and at worst a murderer. But you want to defend him because there have been worse politicians. Super plan. Dig your head out of your left/right obsession.
Whataboutism 😑

Plausible Deniability

Coffee is for closers
Reaction score
So what? Cuomo sent hundreds of elderly people to their death when the data was there to know it would happen. He then misreported the numbers on purpose to hide the truth during a DOJ investigation which will be investigated as obstruction of justice. Finally, he is accused of threatening someone so they would keep it quiet which will be investigated as intimidation. He is at best a criminal and at worst a murderer. But you want to defend him because there have been worse politicians. Super plan. Dig your head out of your left/right obsession.
You're not exactly dealing with an intellectual giant here, Spoof. Cinny is just too rich to put on Ignore though. It's just fantastic, it really is

Section2

Reaction score
?? You had FOUR YEARS of complete chicanery and shenanigans and could hardly get yourself to directly condemn any of the sh!t that Trump and his minions pulled that entire time - you spent most of your time here defending those shenanigans....until you finally condemned the easy one - that being sedition itself. But you're all over Cuomo like a fly on sh!t, while Cuomo has done about 1/1000th of the bad things DJT did. That's my point. You're being a hypocrite.
Man, if there’s a better example of tribalism on the board, I haven’t seen it.

jamiche

Reaction score
There you go. The Cuomo / Cruz things aren’t even in the same league. Cuomo should be removed and jailed. Cruz? I personally think the whole story was a big nothing burger. Those that are in TX and disagree with me can show their disgust at the polls. Seems to be a about the appropriate level response to taking a vacation. Those that live in MN and are showing OUTRAGE on this story are as transparent as a new window.
New rules, I guess. The next time you criticize Biden I'll tell you to show your disgust at the polls in 2024, goof. Until then, you have to STFU.

I think I'm going to like this change.

RememberMurray

Reaction score
Just in case you missed it, Spoof and company are worried that we're talking about Texas too much. They want to put the focus how "trivial" lefty "outrage" over Cruz's trip to Mexico was; they do not want to see too much scrutiny of Republican stewardship of the power grid in Texas.

MplsGopher

Banned
Reaction score
Last edited:

saintpaulguy

Reaction score

RememberMurray

Reaction score
Why Texas Republicans Fear the Green New Deal
Small government is no match for a crisis born of the state’s twin addictions to market fixes and fossil fuels.

An Energy-Market Free-for-All
A fateful series of decisions were made in the late-’90s, when the now-defunct, scandal-plagued energy company Enron led a successful push to radically deregulate Texas’s electricity sector. As a result, decisions about the generation and distribution of power were stripped from regulators and, in effect, handed over to private energy companies. Unsurprisingly, these companies prioritized short-term profit over costly investments to maintain the grid and build in redundancies for extreme weather.

howeda7

Reaction score
Just in case you missed it, Spoof and company are worried that we're talking about Texas too much. They want to put the focus how "trivial" lefty "outrage" over Cruz's trip to Mexico was; they do not want to see too much scrutiny of Republican stewardship of the power grid in Texas.
How can we focus on that when Nancy is probably kicking back with a $13 pint of ice cream right now!

Section2

Reaction score
New rules, I guess. The next time you criticize Biden I'll tell you to show your disgust at the polls in 2024, goof. Until then, you have to STFU.

I think I'm going to like this change.
Rules for Spoof that you won’t live by. I think you will like it.

Section2

Reaction score
I’m not. I think Teds vacation is the most outrageous political scandal of the 21st century. I’m just disappointed this thread isn’t quite on the covid thread pace.

RememberMurray

Reaction score
Take out the agnostic vs dogmatic filler, and the Cuomo material, and this gets a lot thinner.

Yes. And as much as the righties would like to trivialize this story by making it all about Ted's Excellent Adventure, it's really about the Texas Republicans and their governance in general, plus their handling of Texas's energy situation in particular.

Spoofin

Reaction score
Rules for Spoof that you won’t live by. I think you will like it.
There is a reason I have Jam on ignore. He isn’t the brightest, that’s for sure. I stand by my statement that not voting for Cruz is about the appropriate response if you are a TX voter upset over vacationgate. It isn’t the correct OUTRAGE for some tho so time to start with the tangents. Just add his to the list.

Wally

Reaction score
Screw Texas..

Take a walk down memory lane. In October 2012, Hurricane Sandy hammered New York and New Jersey. As the north-east reeled, Texas Republicans stood back, treating the region as if it were another country. As if the civil war had not ended.

After the turn of the year, Cruz, his fellow senator John Cornyn and 23 of two-dozen Texas Republicans in the House gave a thumbs down to Sandy aid. Less reflexively hostile heads prevailed. The relief bill cleared Congress. But the GOP’s Texans had left their mark.

Wally

Reaction score
The hypocrisy continues...

Texas Republicans will use federal funds to help pay exorbitant energy bills hitting ordinary Texans after a deep freeze crippled the state this week, a senior congressman said on Sunday.

saintpaulguy

Reaction score
Screw Texas..

Take a walk down memory lane. In October 2012, Hurricane Sandy hammered New York and New Jersey. As the north-east reeled, Texas Republicans stood back, treating the region as if it were another country. As if the civil war had not ended.

After the turn of the year, Cruz, his fellow senator John Cornyn and 23 of two-dozen Texas Republicans in the House gave a thumbs down to Sandy aid. Less reflexively hostile heads prevailed. The relief bill cleared Congress. But the GOP’s Texans had left their mark.
Christie warned Cruz, that if you live in a coastal state, your day will come. Harvey came, and Texas asked for aid, which Ted voted for.

mnvballdad

Reaction score
If the leftists on this board thought there was a way to defend Cuomo they would be all over that thread.

Since they know there is no way to defend Cuomo they flocked to this thread to express their OUTRAGE over Senator Cruz taking a flight.

Alternatively, you could also point out that not defending Cuomo's decisions is actually a good thing, and that you don't need to always be a partisan hack. Calling out elected officials when they make terrible choices is a good thing.

cncmin

Reaction score
Cuomo is a freaking angel compared to the guy you continue to vociferously defend on here. Don't come around here with this weak sh!t, hypocrite.

cncmin

Reaction score
There you go. The Cuomo / Cruz things aren’t even in the same league. Cuomo should be removed and jailed. Cruz? I personally think the whole story was a big nothing burger. Those that are in TX and disagree with me can show their disgust at the polls. Seems to be a about the appropriate level response to taking a vacation. Those that live in MN and are showing OUTRAGE on this story are as transparent as a new window.
These are two separate issues. Quit trying to equate them. But hey, let's go there, since you seem so absurdly determined. If you want to talk about "blood on hands", then the 500k DEAD - a good portion of them completely unnecessarily due to QOP political stances such as don't wear masks!!! don't social distance!!! open up!!! "freedom"!!!! waaaaaa!!! [disinformation]!!!, [misinformation]!!!! led by DJT and his minions and strongly pushed by narcissistic asswipes like Cruz; well maybe you shouldn't go there.

Oh, and there was 1/6/21.

Spoofin

Reaction score
Cuomo is a freaking angel compared to the guy you continue to vociferously defend on here. Don't come around here with this weak sh!t, hypocrite.
Trump Trump Trump. Why do you feel the need to bring up Trump in every single conversation? What the hell does he have to do with the Cuomo scandal or the Cruz "scandal"? I love your argument tho --
-- lay off Cuomo because Trump was worse. Outstanding. Well thought out. Real high-level thinking. "Vociferously Defend".... sure thing zipper. You are as ridiculous as the comrades I have on ignore.

These are two separate issues. Quit trying to equate them. But hey, let's go there, since you seem so absurdly determined. If you want to talk about "blood on hands", then the 500k DEAD - a good portion of them completely unnecessarily due to QOP political stances such as don't wear masks!!! don't social distance!!! open up!!! "freedom"!!!! waaaaaa!!! [disinformation]!!!, [misinformation]!!!! led by DJT and his minions and strongly pushed by narcissistic asswipes like Cruz; well maybe you shouldn't go there.
Again with Trump? Yikes - is that the only card in your deck?
Trying to equate them? You are very very dense - my point was that they aren't equal. In fact, the first sentence in the post you quoted said "they aren't even in the same league." Your response to that... "why are you trying to equate them?" Not the fastest study, are you?

Also, in case you missed it, lumping the two issues together has been about 75% of the conversation in this thread. Why/What do they have in common? Timing and which one the media and posters here chose to focus on. Most went with "who cares about Cuomo - look what Cruz did." You, on the other-hand, seem to be going with "who cares about Cuomo - look what Trump did." Solid take.

cncmin

Reaction score
Trump Trump Trump. Why do you feel the need to bring up Trump in every single conversation? What the hell does he have to do with the Cuomo scandal or the Cruz "scandal"? I love your argument tho --
-- lay off Cuomo because Trump was worse. Outstanding. Well thought out. Real high-level thinking. "Vociferously Defend".... sure thing zipper. You are as ridiculous as the comrades I have on ignore.

Again with Trump? Yikes - is that the only card in your deck?
Trying to equate them? You are very very dense - my point was that they aren't equal. In fact, the first sentence in the post you quoted said "they aren't even in the same league." Your response to that... "why are you trying to equate them?" Not the fastest study, are you?

Also, in case you missed it, lumping the two issues together has been about 75% of the conversation in this thread. Why/What do they have in common? Timing and which one the media and posters here chose to focus on. Most went with "who cares about Cuomo - look what Cruz did." You, on the other-hand, seem to be going with "who cares about Cuomo - look what Trump did." Solid take.
What, you think we can't expose you for your absurd hypocrisy? What OT Board rule is that? That's not how this all works.

Go ahead and keep frothing at the mouth over Cuomo. We all know you are just a ridiculous partisan. Just stop complaining when we call you out on it, that's all. Admit that you are a partisan hypocrite who refuses to treat all crimes and misdemeanors equally (or even close to equally), and then let's move on.

In case you haven't noticed, no one here has defended Cuomo's actions on this issue. at least not that I've seen. I've seen plenty of condemnation from Dems/Independents and across "mainstream media" against Cuomo since this issue came up. Contrast that with the twisting and turning and sliming and slithering you QOPers do on just about every issue involving the QOP. Never wonder why we call you out, if you were fair and just, we wouldn't have to.

For example, there is an entire thread on the QOP's anti-democracy actions across the nation in trying to rig the 2022 elections. If you have condemned any of those actions in that thread, please show me where. But we are talking about actions taken to rig the entire system of how we govern our nation, and there is not a peep of concern from you QOPers; worse, glimpses of glee. Pathetic and disgusting.

Last edited:
Top Bottom