Fox News reporter confirms Ted Cruz flew to Cancun while Texas citizens suffer

howeda7

Reaction score
Did I supply a narrative, or did I not?

Oh, and while we're at it: which of the new Georgia senators is the atheist? Have you provided evidence that that assertion of yours is valid? Uhhhhhhh.... no. You refuse to answer a simple, direct question honestly.

Gish gallops and double-talk are your two main go-tos, but they don't make for a solid argument.
Tiny has typed literally thousand of words on this thread, but refuses to answer the question.

MennoSota

Reaction score
I'm gunna guess that all banter here is meaningless. Gopherhole isn't hiding the meaning of life. No one ever agrees on anything. We all just come here to argue really. I dont think believing in God makes it better or worse.
It can be meaningless. Certainly being a theist or an atheist makes no difference.

MennoSota

Reaction score
Did I supply a narrative, or did I not?

Oh, and while we're at it: which of the new Georgia senators is the atheist? Have you provided evidence that that assertion of yours is valid? Uhhhhhhh.... no. You refuse to answer a simple, direct question honestly.

Gish gallops and double-talk are your two main go-tos, but they don't make for a solid argument.
It's funny to see you deflect and run from the truth that atheism, at its core is nihilism.

MennoSota

Reaction score
Explain what meaning you get.
My post showing the mathematical intricacy of life provides a reason to be a theist. If there is a creator to all that is observed, then there is a purpose. It gives meaning to an otherwise meaningless existence.

MennoSota

Reaction score
I find it odd — very odd — that you seem to think a meaningful life can only be lived by a person who believes in an invisible friend.
I never said an atheist couldn't live a life that others thought was meaningful. However, as an atheist, you cannot make that claim. In fact, there is no meaning to your existence. Nature simply assembled your carbon based form and in a very short time it will disassemble your carbon based form and turn it into dust. You have no meaning for existence. Anything you conceive of as meaning is merely your neurons creating that sensation in your brain. It's nothing more than electrical impulse.

KillerGopherFan

Reaction score
This is the strangest equivalency. If Nancy doesn’t eat the ice cream, none of her constituents will be better off.
If Ted doesn’t leave for a foreign vacation, he might be able to assist with a response to help his state.
Serious questions:

What line responsibility does a US Senator have within his state that his presence is necessary? I mean beyond moral support and asking the Federal govt for assistance.

What has Senator Cruz done since he canceled his trip that has made a difference for this state emergency?

I agree, it’s not a good look. But that’s mostly what it is. While CNN ignores Cuomo’s disaster in implementing a policy that killed thousands, then tried to point the finger at Trump and the Federal govt, until NY Democrats spilled the beans. But CNN spends it‘s time talking about Cruz.

If there’s any good that comes of this, from my view, it’s that Cruz has hurt his chances of being the next Republican presidential nominee. I’d vote for him if he was, but I’d pick a lot of Republicans before him.

saintpaulguy

Reaction score
Serious questions:

What line responsibility does a US Senator have within his state that his presence is necessary? I mean beyond moral support and asking the Federal govt for assistance.
That would be enough for most. If Ted wants to be against the grain, he could still be on the beach.
What has Senator Cruz done since he canceled his trip that has made a difference for this state emergency?
Possibly nothing. But there is a difference between possible and actual, where the gap,is filled by effort and desire.
I agree, it’s not a good look. But that’s mostly what it is. While CNN ignores Cuomo’s disaster in implementing a policy that killed thousands, then tried to point the finger at Trump and the Federal govt, until NY Democrats spilled the beans. But CNN spends it‘s time talking about Cruz.

If there’s any good that comes of this, from my view, it’s that Cruz has hurt his chances of being the next Republican presidential nominee. I’d vote for him if he was, but I’d pick a lot of Republicans before him.

stocker08

Reaction score
Nationally no one will care by 2024. Texans will likely remember. He barely won last time but Cornyn just won by 10. He's a genuinely unlikable douche, even before he supported the insurrection and now this. If Beto or someone else decent runs, he will have a fight.

Cruz barely beat Beto a couple of years ago. Almost assured that Beto will beat him in the next election if they both run.

That's because no one is spending dozens of post spinning and defending Cuomo the way you Fellas are poor Ted Cruz.

ding ding ding. The righties have this weird compulsion to defend every single thing that their fellow righties do no matter what. And the closer they are to Trump....the more fervent their unabashed excusing and defending. See deuce and spoof.

stocker08

Reaction score
Correct. Facts are facts and Religion like any other worldview can support facts.
We look at data, we make a reasonable decision based upon data and what data we don't have we place into areas where we use data to establish a position about what we do not know. That area of uncertainty in connecticut with facts and reason is held there by faith.

lol.

Scientific method for religious nuts like tiny: start with a conclusion of magic explains everything.

Nax5

Reaction score
You've never run into the bible banging lunacy of tiny before?
I am unfortunately familiar. I've got no problem with religious folks. But when you weaponize it like I've seen MennoSota do, that definitely isn't a good look.

stocker08

Reaction score
I am unfortunately familiar. I've got no problem with religious folks. But when you weaponize it like I've seen MennoSota do, that definitely isn't a good look.

Yup. Having unrelenting literal views of the bible in a world where science has largely disproven much of it as gobbildigook. People like that are the driving force behind the exodus from christianity. Seems like tiny is slowly edging back towards the form (proclaiming everyone as sinners) that got him banned five or six years ago. At least I think that's what got him banned the first time.

RememberMurray

Reaction score
I never said an atheist couldn't live a life that others thought was meaningful. However, as an atheist, you cannot make that claim. In fact, there is no meaning to your existence. Nature simply assembled your carbon based form and in a very short time it will disassemble your carbon based form and turn it into dust. You have no meaning for existence. Anything you conceive of as meaning is merely your neurons creating that sensation in your brain. It's nothing more than electrical impulse.

Just for giggles, let's follow this particular rabbit to the inevitable rabbit hole.

What is the 'meaning' of your life? Please be specific.

Last edited:

KillerGopherFan

Reaction score
Interesting that this thread started thursday is 15 pages long while the Cuomo nursing home scandal thread stated a couple days before, and which likely caused thousands of deaths for which he is directly responsible for, is 2 pages long.

Perspective.

RememberMurray

Reaction score
Interesting that this thread started thursday is 15 pages long while the Cuomo nursing home scandal thread stated a couple days before, and which likely caused thousands of deaths for which he is directly responsible for, is 2 pages long.

Perspective.

This has been addressed.

The liberals aren't wasting space defending Cuomo the same way the righties are defending Flyin' Ted.

I know I personally called for full accountably, and if I recall I did so on this thread.

RememberMurray

Reaction score
Dozens of Deaths Connected to Winter Storms This Week; 14 Million Texans Without Clean Drinking Water

Fourteen million people in Texas were under boil water advisories as of late Thursday afternoon, Tiffany Young, a spokesperson for the Texas Commission on Environmental Quality, told weather.com in an email.

That's twice the number previously reported by media outlets and is higher than the total population of any other states besides California, Florida and New York.

In a follow-up Friday morning, Young said more than 1,180 public water systems in 160 Texas counties had reported disruptions in service due to the weather.

Officials have said the water issues stem from frozen water lines, power outages that took water plants offline and a large number of people leaving their faucets dripping.
Boil water notices are issued when there is a threat of water contamination. That can be caused by outages and low pressure.
Houston Mayor Sylvester Turner said in a news conference Thursday night that his city's 2.3 million residents will remain under a boil water advisory until at least Monday.
The city was coordinating the distribution of bottled water.

John Galt

Reaction score
This thread perfectly sums up today’s left. While a governor in New York was directly responsible for killing thousands of nursing home residents, covered it up and threatened other Democratic colleagues who wanted to expose it, all of the angst is focused on a senator from Texas who got a plane for Cancun at a bad time.

TDS- Ted Derangement Syndrome

RememberMurray

Reaction score
This thread perfectly sums up today’s left. While a governor in New York was directly responsible for killing thousands of nursing home residents, covered it up and threatened other Democratic colleagues who wanted to expose it, all of the angst is focused on a senator from Texas who got a plane for Cancun at a bad time.

TDS- Ted Derangement Syndrome

Already addressed this, multiple times.

KillerGopherFan

Reaction score
This has been addressed.

The liberals aren't wasting space defending Cuomo the same way the righties are defending Flyin' Ted.

I know I personally called for full accountably, and if I recall I did so on this thread.
I haven’t followed this thread closely, but I haven’t seen righties “defending” Cruz in the media, unless you call noting that he has acknowledged his error “defending” him. The criticism was deserved, but he is not the governor and doesn’t have an actual responsibility in running the state of Texas. He is a Senator that advocates and represents Texas to the Federal government, so his advocacy doesn’t require his presence, but does require his voice which would likely best be done in Wash DC pitching Biden to give aid to Texas. Has Biden been deficient is providing aid to Texas?

“Liberals aren’t wasting space defending Cuomo”? No. They’re not talking about it. They avoiding talking about it...with the exception of some NY Dems that are afraid that they might be tainted by it if they don’t.

Last edited:

MennoSota

Reaction score
Just for giggles, let's follow this particular rabbit to the inevitable rabbit hole.

What is the 'meaning' of your life? Please be specific.
We are here, not by accident, but by purpose. Therefore, our actions are not meaningless.
Murray, you want to be an atheist which postulates there is no meaning to life, yet live like a theist and tell yourself there is meaning.
If you are right and there is nothing but connected atoms, then everything is meaningless. If I am right and something planned out this universe and set it in motion, then that something had a purpose. There is meaning in this universe and it is worthwhile to explore it.

It is theists who came up with the scientific method because they recognized planning and set out to understand the plan.

Great science can be done by both theists and atheists. However, for one there is a tangible meaning, for the other there is a meaningless firing of the synapsis.
My opinion is that theism offers a much more reasonable explanation of existence than atheism does. Theism has meaning intrinsically woven into the universe. Atheism boils down to meaninglessness. Such meaninglessness is unreasonable.

GopherJake

Reaction score
Even when I post in the Cuomo thread, I’m told I haven’t!
Me too. I stated he should be held fully accountable. For that I was attacked with idiotic responses stating I should pay closer attention. So then I said he should be tarred-and-feathered if the reports are true. In no way did I defend or excuse Cuomo.

It takes 4 seconds to understand and form an informed opinion on the Ted Cruz dipshit move. The whole thing is hilarious because of how dumb he is.

RememberMurray

Reaction score
We are here, not by accident, but by purpose. Therefore, our actions are not meaningless.
Murray, you want to be an atheist which postulates there is no meaning to life, yet live like a theist and tell yourself there is meaning.
If you are right and there is nothing but connected atoms, then everything is meaningless. If I am right and something planned out this universe and set it in motion, then that something had a purpose. There is meaning in this universe and it is worthwhile to explore it.

It is theists who came up with the scientific method because they recognized planning and set out to understand the plan.

Great science can be done by both theists and atheists. However, for one there is a tangible meaning, for the other there is a meaningless firing of the synapsis.
My opinion is that theism offers a much more reasonable explanation of existence than atheism does. Theism has meaning intrinsically woven into the universe. Atheism boils down to meaninglessness. Such meaninglessness is unreasonable.

I'll try one more time, knowing you won't/can't answer: What is the meaning of your life, specifically?

Wally

Reaction score
Cruz family’s Cancun trip rattles their private school
Three weeks before Sen. Ted Cruz embarked on his ill-fated Cancun trip to escape the aftermath of Texas’s devastating winter storm, the elite K-12 Houston private school attended by his two daughters emailed a Covid warning to parents about international travel.

The bottom line: St. John’s School students who travel internationally must quarantine for 7 to 10 days upon their return. And they won’t be able to even learn online while in isolation.

Top Bottom